• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any shinies yet?

Yoni Arousement

PKHeX User
Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    So the game doesn't glitch or freeze if one hacks their shiny forms into the game? Or in case they decide to make shiny events for them?

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • After three frustrating failed over two hour chains looking for a Shiny Sandile I found a Shiny Drifloon after 19 SOS calls.

The Yellow and Sky Blue is a very nice Shiny. She is now a Shiny Yellow Drifblim.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • The only two shinies I caught in Moon so far is a Caterpie that I randomly found before I got the shiny charm and a Kangaskhan from an SOS chain shortly after I got the shiny charm.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • When the game first came out, I'm pretty sure Serebii said that Type:Null was shiny locked (although it wasn't on the list last time I looked). If I knew sooner that shiny Type:Null can be obtained, I would've tried to get it.

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • There's some proof on YouTube. But the cutscene before you get T:N is ridiculously long. Not as long as the starter cutscene takes though.

SOS chaining can be either really fast or really long. I hate the longer chains, honestly.. I'm on a drought.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I have about 21 shinies, though the majority of them are shiny Eevee in hopes of completing a shiny Eevee set, oho.

I'm hoping to maybe chain for a Shiny Bagon soon and hopefully have images once I get a better camera. >>

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Yesterday I got my first Beast Ball Shiny. A Male Sandile in Haina Desert. He appeared after a two hour chain. (5th Attempt for Shiny Sandile)

I put him to sleep with my Lilligant before throwing a critical capture Beast Ball that worked. He has a Mild Nature and four perfect IVs in the right stats.

I named him Sidney and he is now a Shiny Krookodile (Which is an eye-catching Shiny) with the Battle Royal Ribbon. :)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Found a Shiny Male Riolu today by SOS chaining in a two hour chain. I False Swiped it, it broke out of an Ultra Ball, kept calling reinforcements and I couldn't put it to sleep due to Final Gambit.

It broke out of a Timer Ball then it SOSed a few more times until it called ANOTHER SHINY MALE RIOLU.

I could not catch both so I had little choice but to KO the original shiny and toss Timer Balls at the new Shiny until one worked.

He has a Naive Nature with 4 IVs (Atk, SpDef, Spd) and a low IV in Def that can be bottle capped.

My latest Shiny is heading to the Battle Tree. RIP original Shiny Riolu.

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • Today was probably one of the strangest experiences I've ever had with Wonder trade. So I'm trading away some Alolan Sandshrew (they're shiny). And I got a shiny Dialga..
    I get the feeling it's not legit. Level 100, Trainer is named AuS YoshiOG2 (with an TID of 12345) caught in a Dusk Ball, Pokerus, Modest nature, caught in Hoenn.

Can anyone verify if this is a legit 'mon, or hacked?

User19sq

I've obtained shinies for trading purposes, so far. Now it's time I get one for myself. Here's to finding a shiny, female Popplio! Has better chances than chaining, but can still take a long time. XD;;;;;

Found a Shiny Male Riolu today by SOS chaining in a two hour chain. I False Swiped it, it broke out of an Ultra Ball, kept calling reinforcements and I couldn't put it to sleep due to Final Gambit.

It broke out of a Timer Ball then it SOSed a few more times until it called ANOTHER SHINY MALE RIOLU.

I could not catch both so I had little choice but to KO the original shiny and toss Timer Balls at the new Shiny until one worked.

He has a Naive Nature with 4 IVs (Atk, SpDef, Spd) and a low IV in Def that can be bottle capped.

My latest Shiny is heading to the Battle Tree. RIP original Shiny Riolu.

In my experience, I use Thunder Wave instead. Works far better than inducing sleep. And in case you weren't aware: Synchronizers can help with natures, although if you were doing that, then sorry to hear that you were gifted with the other 50% chance of it.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I've obtained shinies for trading purposes, so far. Now it's time I get one for myself. Here's to finding a shiny, female Popplio! Has better chances than chaining, but can still take a long time. XD;;;;;

In my experience, I use Thunder Wave instead. Works far better than inducing sleep. And in case you weren't aware: Synchronizers can help with natures, although if you were doing that, then sorry to hear that you were gifted with the other 50% chance of it.

Normally I use Sleep but as the Poni Grove Riolu know Final Gambit (Which doesn't affect Ghosts) I had to leave Alolan Marowak in.

Naive isn't a terrible nature for Lucario (I already have a Timid Special Aura Pokemon in Gen 6). And with the real lack of synchronisers pre-bank (Abra, Espeon and Umbreon I think) I leave natures to chance as breeding Abra which can only be evolved to Kadabra is no fun.

User19sq

Normally I use Sleep but as the Poni Grove Riolu know Final Gambit (Which doesn't affect Ghosts) I had to leave Alolan Marowak in.

Naive isn't a terrible nature for Lucario (I already have a Timid Special Aura Pokemon in Gen 6). And with the real lack of synchronisers pre-bank (Abra, Espeon and Umbreon I think) I leave natures to chance as breeding Abra which can only be evolved to Kadabra is no fun.

All Synchronizers are either Psychic-type, or Umbreon. I actually use Umbreon due to its wickedly-good defensive traits (by comparison), and its uses of either physical or special attacks, and Moonlight. Level it up o a high-enough level, and you're set (with all missing is Leppa Berries and a False Swiper).

There's a glitch in the games where the Synchronizer will use the nature of the lead Pokemon for this mechanic. For example: my lead Pokemon is a false-swiping Kommo-o, Jolly, then I send out my Adamant Umbreon. It'll use Jolly for its 50% chance. So even if you like Naive on Riolu, it's good to know this info for the case you might wanna reroll for another one. -w-

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2017
    I randomly encountered a shiny Tentacool when I was progressing with my game. Now, I have a shiny Magikarp from the Chinese New Year special.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • All Synchronizers are either Psychic-type, or Umbreon. I actually use Umbreon due to its wickedly-good defensive traits (by comparison), and its uses of either physical or special attacks, and Moonlight. Level it up o a high-enough level, and you're set (with all missing is Leppa Berries and a False Swiper).

There's a glitch in the games where the Synchronizer will use the nature of the lead Pokemon for this mechanic. For example: my lead Pokemon is a false-swiping Kommo-o, Jolly, then I send out my Adamant Umbreon. It'll use Jolly for its 50% chance. So even if you like Naive on Riolu, it's good to know this info for the case you might wanna reroll for another one. -w-

Final Gambit being on all Riolu means that in terms of Nature I am going to have to leave it to chance as Final Gambit causes Riolu to be KOed.

With Bank now released I can breed a load of Ralts with various nature's evolve them to Gardevoir to try and get ideal natures on Pokemon. Like a Jolly one for Rockruff. And keep Alolan Marowak for False Swiping.

Back