• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Second OU Team

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
Years
  • Well, since the last one didn't work out as well, lets try this one! :D;

Deoxys @ Light Clay
    Trait: Pressure
    EV's: 252HP / 252Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock

Desukan @ Leftovers
    Trait: Mummy
    EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def
    Bold nature
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Evil Eye
    - Power Share
    - Haze

Urugamosu @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flamebody
    EV's: 252 Spl Att / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Butterfly Dance
    - Flamethrower
    - Bug Buzz
    - Hidden Power Ground

Breloom @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EV's: 252 Att / 252Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Spore
    - Mach Punch
    - Seed Bomb
    - Stone edge

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
    Trait: Shadow Tag
    EV's: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 Spl Def
    Calm Nature
    - Mirror coat
    - Counter
    - Encore
    - Destiny bond

Scizor @ Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    EV's: 252 Att / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite
    - Superpower

Now, I really don't know what to do with Breloom and Wobbuffet. :/ Whether to keep them, or what... I need the Leech Seed and Toxic blocker of Breloom, as well as the sleep coverage, but I dunno if he is the best choice for my team. And I like the trapping Wobbuffet, but that's probably taking up a valuable slot of my team.
    Thoughts? Questions? Comments~?
    Erufuun still needs help~

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Deoxys: What form are you using?

Breloom: Toxic Orb is better on Breloom so it can get poisoned consistently. Also, you can use Focus Punch over Mach Punch.

Desukan: Like I said in another RMT thread, Evil Eye is too iffy on Desukan; replace that with Shadow Ball. I can see where you're going with Power Share and Haze, but I don't think they're worth it, so you could go with Calm Mind and Hidden Power (Fighting).

Ulgamoth: Fire Blast > Flamethrower.

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
  • You should really remove Bug Bite with X Scissor. Or, if you want to knock out counter sweepers eg. Gengar, then you will want to go for Pursuit.

EDIT: Just noticed, your Wobbuffet is completely screwed if it gets Taunt thrown onto it, so you may want to do something about that.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    You should really remove Bug Bite with X Scissor. Or, if you want to knock out counter sweepers eg. Gengar, then you will want to go for Pursuit.

EDIT: Just noticed, your Wobbuffet is completely screwed if it gets Taunt thrown onto it, so you may want to do something about that.

...erk. Wobbuffet doesn't learn anything but Taunt-susceptible moves. Scizor's ability, Technician, makes Bug Bite more powerful than X-Scissor. Based on this and your other posts here, I kind of want to question if you've played Pokemon competitively before. :/

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
  • ...erk. Wobbuffet doesn't learn anything but Taunt-susceptible moves. Scizor's ability, Technician, makes Bug Bite more powerful than X-Scissor. Based on this and your other posts here, I kind of want to question if you've played Pokemon competitively before. :/

Well, what is the Wobbuffet there for then?
    And what other posts are 'here'?

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Wobbuffet is one of the best revenge killers around. I guess you're not really the competitive type. And who would switch Wobboffet on a Taunt user anyways? Wobbuffet is more designed for killing choiced users anyways.

Deoxys: What form are you using?

Breloom: Toxic Orb is better on Breloom so it can get poisoned consistently. Also, you can use Focus Punch over Mach Punch.

Desukan: Like I said in another RMT thread, Evil Eye is too iffy on Desukan; replace that with Shadow Ball. I can see where you're going with Power Share and Haze, but I don't think they're worth it, so you could go with Calm Mind and Hidden Power (Fighting).

Ulgamoth: Fire Blast > Flamethrower.
    Follow this guy's suggestion on Breloom and Desukan, except that don't remove Haze of Desukan. What makes Desukan a top Roobushin check is because of it's ability; Mummy. Desukan is far much better with this moveset anyways (Will-O-Wisp, Shadow Ball, Memento, Haze). On Urugamosu, though, Fire Blast vs. Flamethrower is the same old accuracy vs. power thing. I'd prefer Flamethrower for reliability, though.

Oh and btw, may I suggest Custap Berry on Wobbuffet? It makes Destiny Bond go first when you know Wobbuffet is going to be KO'd.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022

I meant other posts on this forum. :x

The idea behind wobb is that you switch it in to revenge kill. It can easily take a hit and mirror coat/counter it back; it's ability, shadow tag, lets it keep the pokemon it's fighting stay there while it has no choice but to attack. And if it tries to stat-up on wobbuffet, you can encore it, switch out, and start setting up your own pokemon. What Zeffy said is right; most people never switch wobb in on a taunt user in the first place.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Breloom: Toxic Orb is better on Breloom so it can get poisoned consistently. Also, you can use Focus Punch over Mach Punch.
    Yeah, Choiced Focus Punch is such a good idea nowadays!!! The point of it being scarfed is so it can revenge stuff and KO faster threats.

LOL. Wobb only has 8 moves to pick from. You don't bring it in on Taunt users, you bring it in on sweepers.

Anyway.

I'm going to assume thats Deoxys-S (if not, it should be so make it that).

Give the moth guy a Timid Nature, outspeeding is very important and you don't wanna lose to something you have the potential to outspeed, the boosts you gain from Butterfly Dance make up for the neutral nature anyway, but Speed is the most important stat in pokemon these days.

If you are going to play in Dream World, you can give Breloom Technician so its Mach Punch is more powerful, but its your call.

I would go with Brick Break >> Superpower on Scizor since losing points in Defense is kinda bad. Losing the attack is kinda annoying too but negligable thanks to Swords Dance.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    If the bit about focus punch above was sarcasm, I disagree, it can be useful to hit switchins harder when you force something out (which breloom can do a lot). Of course using choice fighting moves in general is risky as a ghost can come in and get a free move, but still. If not sarcasm ignore^ and yea I agree.

I definitely recommend using one of the follow sets instead though, scarf seems less useful imo. Copied and pasted from smogon uncharted territory (I take no credit)

TechniLoom

Breloom @ Life Orb
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed Adamant/Jolly

~Spore
    ~Mach Punch
    ~Bullet Seed
    ~Stone Edge

-Mach Punch for Technician Revenge-Killing.

-Bullet Seed after boosted by Technician will do much more damage, and if it manages to hit 3 times or more it'll do a lot of damage to anything.

-Stone Edge hits Shanderra SE who tries to ruin your Fun.

-Spore because, well, it's Spore.

Classic SubPuncher

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed Adamant

~Spore
    ~Substitiute
    ~Focus Punch
    ~Stone Edge / Seed Bomb

-Spore to help set-up.

-Substitute gives you protection from anything trying to kill you off.

-Focus Punch is extremely Powerful coming from 130 Attack and STAB.

-Stone Edge is mainly for Shanderra, however if you have a way to deal with him then Seed Bomb also become viable.

SubSeed

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe Jolly
    ~Leech Seed
    ~Substitute
    ~Spore
    ~Focus Punch

Edit: also you get 6 evs extra when using 252 on two stats so you may aswell use them. Plus comments and stuff for each pokemon would give a better understanding for why you chose it and how you use it so we can help you more easily.

Last edited:
    Back