• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is it like to be a Pokemon trainer in the Pokemon universe?

Cryptogrif

also known as Zach
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jun 6, 2019
When Nintendo Direct was broadcasting yesterday, to say I was pleasantly surprised is an understatement. They introduced Dynamax, which although was completely different from my speculation of Armour Evolution, I was still pretty excited to see it on screen. From the trailers, it seems that the whole process of "dynamaxing" your Pokemon is controlled by the little red and white bracelets Galar region trainers wear on their wrists, similar to Mega keystone bracelets and Z-Power rings.

However, that got me thinking. If we were trainers in the Pokemon universe where these mechanics actually existed in real life, what would we do with all these accessories? Do we wear all 3 bracelets all at the same time? Do we choose which bracelet to wear for a certain battle, depending on what we want to use? Is there a device in the Pokemon universe that combines all these accessories into 1? Like a centralised bracelet, with slots for the mega keystone, Z-Crystals, and whatever stone is going to be used to trigger Dynamax.

In the gen 7 games, the answer to the question was fairly simple, you have 2 hands and 2 different types of bracelets... so just wear one on each wrist (although we don't see our trainer characters in SM/USUM doing that, I imagine that's how it works). However, as the franchise progresses, I don't see this introduction of new mechanics slowing down anytime in the foreseeable future of Pokemon games. Are the trainers just going to have to wear more and more accessories?

Years
Moved your thread to Pokémon General, since it doesn't only encompass Sword & Shield, but rather the Pokémon world as a whole (not limited to the games).

That's a good question. If I traveled across a lot of regions and ended up with all of these accessories, it'd be...a bit hard to manage them. @_@ I'd probably have a Key Stone around my neck as a necklace, and then occupy each hand with a Z-Ring and Dynamax bracelet, like you said. But as more mechanics are introduced I hope the accessory will be one that will give us the option to choose how to wear it, like the Key Stone for Mega Evolution which imo was the best design and creativity-wise. Maybe the Z-Ring and Dynamax bracelet can be adjusted to be worn in other ways and still work, though, but Game Freak chooses to go with the bracelet design since it's the simplest? Perhaps not so much the Z-Ring since Alola is a region that values nature and their historic roots so I doubt they'd make too many changes to the item, but Dynamax bracelets could possibly be adjusted with technology and not be restricted to being worn around your hand?

Last edited:
Years
This is why I wish we had a pendant. Like, why does it have to be all bracelets? They're not the only kind of jewelry that exists. What about earrings, too? Would be nice if you could like... mega evolve your Pokemon by tapping your earring or something. If you're not a big earring person, just tap your pendant and you'd be good to go. The dynamax jewelry can be a ring or something.

I guess, point being, making it all bracelets would just be too much at some point. :c

Back