• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What gen do you want a 3D remake of?

What gen deserves a 3D gaming remake?

• Total voters

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
Years
  • If you could pick the next generation remake in the 3d world ( hopefully in the same art style Oras got) which gen would you want a remake of? Keep in mind it would come with all of the bells and whistles of current gen gameplay and added cut scenes, storyline etc.

I would want the first generation myself, but Gen 4 would also be amazing because of the UNDERGROUND BASES! remember how cool those were? Capture the flag and all that digging for fossils?

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Kanto and DP. Notice how I say Kanto and not R/B/Y? I just want Kanto remade, the region on its own, with a brand new story.

Guest123_x1

I know people will chew me out for this and complain, but I would really like to see Kanto re-remade using the 3D graphics engine introduced in Generation VI (even though we're about to get an "Ultra" re-hash of Sun and Moon for the seventh generation). Even if a re-remake has to have a completely different story than the entries in Generations I and III, it'd be nice to see the classic region featured in a modernized way.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I know people will chew me out for this and complain, but I would really like to see Kanto re-remade using the 3D graphics engine introduced in Generation VI (even though we're about to get an "Ultra" re-hash of Sun and Moon for the seventh generation). Even if a re-remake has to have a completely different story than the entries in Generations I and III, it'd be nice to see the classic region featured in a modernized way.
    I've never really understood so maybe you can clear it up for me... why Kanto? Even if you're nostalgic, slightly newer old regions like Johto and Hoenn had way more details and interesting areas, actual lore, more interesting characters, and are superior in pretty much every way I can think of. What does Kanto actually have besides the factor of being "the original" that makes so many people clamor to see it again?

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    They would never do a re-remake because its sounds odd saying it and Kanto is done more times than we can believe. I say we should stick to normal remakes. Sinnoh is next in line so it is logical for it to be remade next.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I would kill for a Gen 4 remake with the underground bases

Yes please!! omg I didn't think about that, I never had rl friends that played Pokémon so I never got to really experience the Underground!

Also Sinnoh is my second favourite region, I really want a remake of it <3

Last edited:

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
    Years
  • I think if they remade the Kanto Region, I would hope that they use Kanto only pokemon. At least during the first parts of the game. I also want to see expanded dungeons, caves etc as well as all the other stuff that comes with after game stuff for our current gen. Not to mention still have the "surfing Pikachu" minigame with another chance to teach our Pikachu Surf.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Pray that kanto is not remade any time soon. We been getting kanto pandering from both the games and anime. Time for new regions and a possible sinnoh remake to shine.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I'd specifically like to see HGSS remade in 3D, out of every other game, because then we'd get not one but two regions in the new style.
    I've never really understood so maybe you can clear it up for me... why Kanto? Even if you're nostalgic, slightly newer old regions like Johto and Hoenn had way more details and interesting areas, actual lore, more interesting characters, and are superior in pretty much every way I can think of. What does Kanto actually have besides the factor of being "the original" that makes so many people clamor to see it again?

For me, I would like a new version of the Kanto games because, unlike the later games, they didn't have much to offer in terms of lore and all that. They were simple (obviously due to hardware limitations first and foremost), so I would like to see what GameFreak could do with Kanto if they revisited it another time, but with the purpose of creating an entirely new story instead of remaking the older verisons.

Do note that my first game was Silver, so there's no nostalgia value in this for me. The Kanto games are just so simple, there's so many possible things that could be explored in a new version.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I would love to see older areas at the end of newer games i.e. Kanto in Gold and Silver but with the gen 6 art style, not a fan of the gen 7 style.

Probably not it's own game but like at the end of the game. Like maybe both Kanto and Johto in one and Sinnoh and Unova in another.

Of course if they released a Kanto remake on the 3ds I'd get it. But with all 800 Pok?mon available and all shiny hunting methods.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    3DS already has remakes. There is Switch but there is no guarantee the Switch would have remakes either. Also kanto needs to stay in the past. Sinnoh is the future.

Ida13

Gone For a While
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    GEN 4 GEN 4 GEN 4 GEN 4 GEN 4 GEN 4 GEN 4 GEN 4 GEN 4 GEN 4 GEN 4 GEN 4 Please gamefreak!

Years
  • 3DS already has remakes. There is Switch but there is no guarantee the Switch would have remakes either. Also kanto needs to stay in the past. Sinnoh is the future.

This. As much as DP was my least favorite in non "3rds" and remakes, I am certainly positive that at the very least they will be better than the originals. Even if it's only slightly.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Whilst a Kanto remake would seem like pandering we haven't had a Kanto game since Gen 3. Kanto was in HGSS but it was very much a condensed region. With the general nostalgia towards Kanto I can see a Kanto re-remake being next as likely.

It is probably Sinnoh's turn though and a remake of Sinnoh needs to be just that. Giving them Platinum's Pokedex would be a good start given how limited it was in DP. Maybe shift the Gym Order around at least so the ridiculously easy Volkner isn't the final Gym. A new Elite Four and rival would be nice too.

Personally I would like to see an Unova remake. However the Unova games are still relatively recent and any remake may well not be as good as B2W2.

Last edited:
    Back