• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Jellicent

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Welcome to Fifth Generation's Halloween week! What fun things are in store???? You will seeeee!! Or will you? Ahahaha!

For now let's discuss Jellicent. Both male and female formes. How do you feel about it? Love it, hate it, what would you change about it? What were your favourite movesets? I will share my thoughts very soon ;)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Female Jellicent is one of my favourite Unova Pokemon and my favourite Ghost type overall. The Male one has a nice design but I prefer the regal elegance of the female form. I also like her pink colouration.

In my Unova games female Jellicent was one of my main Pokemon and I had one called Helena which I won the PWT Champions tournament with.

I like the surprisingly dark lore regarding Jellicent. It is certainly not safe to swim in Unova with Jellicent roaming around everywhere.

I think my Jellicent has the following moveset:

Female Jellicent (Helena)
    Ability - Water Absorb
    Nature - Bold

Scald
    Hex
    Grass Knot
    Recover

If I could change something about Jellicent I would give it Levitate as a Hidden Ability. Jellicent is the 'Floating Pokemon' and whilst it does not need to worry too much about Ground Moves an immunity is always nice and would be much better than their current hidden ability Damp. I would still likely still use Water Absorb though.

Years
  • Jellicent IMO was okay; a Ghost type I personally never used as part of my team in fifth gen, but ok nonetheless. I specifically remember using it on PS! a few times and it has served me quite well when I used to competitively battle fifth gen. :o

Years
  • I picked Oshawott as my starter so I never got much chance to use Jellicent in an actual playthrough, but I have tried it out and it's a really good Pokemon. The unique typing and gender forms are definitely what makes Jellicent awesome.

Back