• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2011
After you rescue prof. Dex in pokemon ruby you are warped to his lab does anyone know the offset to edit the text I am using xse

Years
After you rescue prof. Dex in pokemon ruby you are warped to his lab does anyone know the offset to edit the text I am using xse
Why don't you associate XSE with Advance-Map? Go to Settings> Choose script editor and direct to the XSE executable in Advance Map. Directly edit the script from the A-Map then. You don't need to keep looking for offsets this way.

Last edited:

Forever Alone

Back into rom hacking 8 years later!
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Still doesnt work i went back into irfanview and checked the colour depth and it wasn't 16. so i changed it back and i could import it and stuff but the gengar appears with the green background i had and all the colour black was green too :'(

I cannot find a download for the paint for windows xp unless i use my colleges computer

DONE IT!! it was my paint ima gonna use my desktop pc for sprites now thanks all

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 11, 2011
Wav to GBA format tool

I've heard that Pokemon communities have a tool to convert wav
files into GBA raw format, but I can't find it. Can I have some assistance?

yugimon121

3 hearts and failing in battle
Years
Well if you download a program called NSE; that already has the offsets for the back battle sprite of the boy and girl in the bookmarks. And Oak is really easy to find in unLZ if you just set it to black and white and go through the numbers (and ocassionally changing it to 256 colour mode if it's just loads of random squares).

soz, i was actually meaning the battle sprites, when you see the chatacter throwing the pokeball and the battle happens etc.
EDIT: just looked at the guide, thank you! :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
I'm using A text changing things that are said. Here is a problem I am expierincing. In cerulean city at the bike shop, I made one of the people say, "They sell nothing but broken junk here." Which works fine.
Now in the vermillion gym one of the trainers you fight, after you beat him he normally says, "ok ill talk, surge said he hid switches under something." And thats what my A text agrees with. But in the game he is saying the same thing that the bike shop guy says, "They sell nothing but broken junk here."
Am I running out of room? This isn't the only time I have found this either.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I'm using A text changing things that are said. Here is a problem I am expierincing. In cerulean city at the bike shop, I made one of the people say, "They sell nothing but broken junk here." Which works fine.
Now in the vermillion gym one of the trainers you fight, after you beat him he normally says, "ok ill talk, surge said he hid switches under something." And thats what my A text agrees with. But in the game he is saying the same thing that the bike shop guy says, "They sell nothing but broken junk here."
Am I running out of room? This isn't the only time I have found this either.

You shouldn't bypass the limit of available text characters you can use with Advance Text, for if you do so, it'll automatically overwrites the neighboring scripts with texts...

Spoiler:

Forever Alone

Back into rom hacking 8 years later!
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Does anyone know where to download the full RS-Ball with inis the newest version its getting on my nerves now or can you tell me who to add the missingno sprite onto the pokemon i made using yape?

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024

You shouldn't bypass the limit of available text characters you can use with Advance Text, for if you do so, it'll automatically overwrites the neighboring scripts with texts...

Ah! Thats so lame! lol. I like scripting and story making! This puts a dent in hacking.
1. Does writing more INI files to the AText after you search and find, does that take up more space?
2. I'm assuming I can minimize parts with smaller text to increase the avalable text total?
3. How can you tell how much space you have left?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Ah! Thats so lame! lol. I like scripting and story making! This puts a dent in hacking.
1. Does writing more INI files to the AText after you search and find, does that take up more space?
2. I'm assuming I can minimize parts with smaller text to increase the avalable text total?
3. How can you tell how much space you have left?

1. space of what? the ROM or your computer? anyway, no, it doesn't take any space at all from the ROM. you were just only "bookmarking" the text location into Advance Text.

2. there is no text total for you to use. if you wish, just script the speeches you want.

3. The image I have provided within the spoiler, the encircled part (colored red), that's how you will know how many more characters you can use within one speech.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024

1. space of what? the ROM or your computer? anyway, no, it doesn't take any space at all from the ROM. you were just only "bookmarking" the text location into Advance Text.

2. there is no text total for you to use. if you wish, just script the speeches you want.

3. The image I have provided within the spoiler, the encircled part (colored red), that's how you will know how many more characters you can use within one speech.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
hey, well XSE is a must for any hacker and it isnt really hard u just need to sit down for say 30 min and you will even be able to pull of applymovement scripts

as for just text

its done this way

#dynamic 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk 0x6
release
end

#org @talk
= (text u wanna insert)

so just copy paste this to XSE everytime u wanna make a simple talking script. all u need to edit is the text u want to insert

as for #dynamic 0x800000 XSE will find the free offset when u compile it into the rom. just copy the given offset and paste it in advance map..

real simple, much more simpler that A-text in my opinion.

So when you make the script and go into advanced map you just copy and paste the offset right? So like I would make the script and they would say, "Hello, my name is Jason." and put that into any person in the game? So does that completely erase what the person would have originally said before?

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
Just a small simple question this time :)

Can I use Tileset 0 (the basic outdoor tileset) as the primary tileset in an indoor map without it glitching anything?

Thank you in advance :)

G00dbye

Ludicolo
Years
RTC

I've two questions

1. Is it possible to add RTC to fire red.

2. You know the day & night system from (i haven't done enough post to add a link) pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=204047, in pokemon dppt and hgss there are some pokemon that only appears at night like a hoothoot. is there some program to add that to a gba pokemon game?

nekotripp

New To This
Years
Sappy Help?

Hello, I'm new to the Pokemon Rom Hacking scene and I'm trying to earn my stripes by going through as many tutorials as possible. I am running Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium and have run into trouble with Sappy. I can run Sappy 2005 just fine. I can open the ROM and it says it finds a song table. The problem is that the song table is empty and contains only one "song" titled Main. Click play just causes 2-3 high pitches beeps to play.

i am trying to insert a .s file into my Pokemon FireRed Rom Hack, but this is stopping me in my tracks. I've searched through all the forums and all over Google, but to no avail. I apologize if this is a stupid or inappropriate question, but it really has me stumped.

Please help me if you can?

Thanks

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2011
Hey guys! Anyone knows any tool that modifies the stats/typing of the Pokemon for D/P/Pt?(like what YAPE does for R/S/E)

Thank you.

timson733333

Woah.
Years
It's a funny problem that no advice has seemed to fix.

Every time I use Wichu's Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor, when I click "Write to ROM," it gives me an error message; "Arithmetic Operation Resulted in an Overflow."

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
at Sprite_Editor.RomFunctions.ConvertStringToByteArray(String& str)
at Sprite_Editor.SpriteData.GetCompressedData(Int32 species)
at Sprite_Editor.Form1.WriteToROMButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4952 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Advanced Pokémon Sprite Editor
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Timson/Desktop/VisualBoyAdvance-1.7.2/Hacking%20Tools /Advanced%20Series/Advanced%20Pok俶on%20Sprite%20Editor.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.4926 built by: NetFXw7
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Everybody says that I should close all other hack tools before using APSE or that I should upgrade my .NET Framework. I've done both of those and nothing seems to fix the problem. How do I make it so that this error message doesn't appear?

Zoruark

wandering shadow
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2021
Could i make a new island with the tool Advance Map ??? and how can i make it appear in town map ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back