• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Party Pokemon Advice

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2018
    Have a problem my current team in Soulsilver, I have reached the point of the game where I've gotten to the elite 4 and even though I'll need to train some more I need some advice with my Pokemon's movesets and feel free to recommend a Pokemon I could add to my team.

Persian LVL 36
    -Iron Tail
    -Shadow claw
    -Fake Out
    - U-Turn

Typhlosion LVL 41
    -Quick Attack
    -Swift
    -Rock Smash
    -Lava Plume

Arbok LVL 38
    -Glare
    -Mud Bomb
    -Strength
    -Crunch

Dewgong LVL 37
    -Take Down
    -Avalanche
    -Surf
    -Waterfall

Jumpluff LVL 37
    -Flash
    -Leech Seed
    -Mega Drain
    -Sleep Powder

Dragonair *Willing to switch for a different pokemon*

Could you guys recommend different pokemon to use, if necessary, or ways to improve my moveset because I know they are far from perfect 👌🏼

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I would say that Jumpluff is never really going to be very useful on an in-game team unfortunately, so would highly suggest replacing her! Perhaps a strong Ground-type like Golem could be useful for you as you seem to be lacking coverage against quite a few types? I would also suggest finding a Fighting-type to add to the team if there are any that you like as again this will provide you with some excellent coverage options.

One question - how come poor Arbok hasn't been given any Poison moves? :o I would definitely suggest adding some STAB onto him!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    It might be worth going through and getting all the TMs you can find up to this point. I know for a fact that Earthquake is in Victory Road. It also might be worth removing the HM moves your team has since they aren't really much use. You can do that in Blackthorn City, the building to the left of the Pokemon Center if I recall correctly. You seems to be a bit underleveld which is a given because it's Johto, but doing a bit of grinding in Victory Road up to maybe 45 should help quite a bit as well. Might take a while, but it's definitely worth it imo. Sludge Bomb is a great move that can be taught to Arbok which you can find on the route north of Mahogany Town. This should be a start, but if you need more assistance, don't hesitate to ask!

Last edited:
    Back