• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sims II - Legacy Challenge

Years
  • I had already written about 90% of this post, accidentally hit Alt+H somehow, returned to this page and everything was gone. Painful.

So, what I was going to say is that there are bad news. My uncontrollable scrolling problem became worse and worse recently, to the point where the screen was constantly moving. I literally screwed around a bit, it didn't help, the issue kept returning. So today, I decided to declare my mouse dead.
    I do not intend to plague myself with the horrors of playing the game with my laptop's touchpad. Especially with the three toddlers the household was not very far from being home to anymore that's a no-no.
    Getting a new mouse - I am certain I will not find an old but still functioning one in the attic, I'm pretty they all were PS2 mice; and my laptop lacks the ability to connect with a PS2 mouse - might take a while, the closest place where I can get one is roughly equally far away from my home as the dreaded Iron Curtain - You know, that scary border with the former soviet sphere of influence we all (myself included) only know about from history classes and documentaries. That border behind which the governments are even eviller than home. That border everyone west of hates Karl Marx and everyone east of is a disgrace to Karl Marx. Poor guy.
    Anyway, if I am lucky I can get a new mouse this weekend, if I am not, I might have to do some thread necromancy later on - I'm pretty sure the rules I read before making this thread actually allow necromancy under certain circumstances in this subforum, but let's hope I won't have to resort to it.
    I might try and do another LP in the meantime, I already have an idea, I am just not sure how well I will be able to execute it yet.

Notta and an Alien baby! Yay. :D

I see zombie-nanny Allyn in the future. o_o
    Speaking of necromancy! Yes, Allyn is a tempting choice for a future zombie. I just hope she won't lose her permanent platinum status so she won't refuse to do anything when, say, there are puddles (not necessarily water puddles) in the room.

I've honestly never played, nor even seen any sims games.

lol
    Thank whoever you believe to for not being exposed to this source of addiction yet.

Wow, I've never played the sims like this, I like to move around a lot.
    Your LP's real cool man, keep it up!

EDIT: Okay I've finally finished reading everything, the last part was hilarious as !@#$! And grown up Ioducus looks badass man!*

Spoiler:
    Yes, the architecture part is certainly one of the most fun bits of the game, and because tearing down a house takes a while, the game favors moving around, especially since the inventory was introduced which allows preventing to lose huge chunks of money when moving. I only stopped doing that when my "Peasantview" neighborhood became too crowded.

And Ioducus is my favorite character as well, so fun to play. The day he dies is going to suck. Oh well, at least it will allow me to finally play my planned boring eventless years of nothing.

Alien mpreg baby . . . nice.

Just read all the way through this in one sitting, and it was most amusing, if a little slow-paced to begin with. Still a good laugh, especially with the constant shenanigans that at least one of the family is up to at any given time.

And is it just me, or does Ioducus look like a real smarmosaur? Especially with that facial hair.
    The problem is that increasing the pacing would mean decreasing the shenanigans. But eventually I will have to... :(
    What's a smarmosaur by the way?
    jr-confused.gif

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • I wouldn't play with the touch pad either. I hope you get a mouse soon, can't wait to continue reading.
    Btw, I used Peasantview too (though they call it "Droomzicht" = Dreamview in dutch) , but I moved almost all of the custom sims there to a custom neighborhood.

Say which expansion do you need in order to work as a spy and for the Lifetime aspiration benefits?
    I hope you don't mind me asking, but from which country are you exactly?

Years
  • Still no update, but:
    While I still don't have a new mouse, thanks to having too much free time on my hands I've been practicing with the touchpad and started to memorize keyboard shortcuts (ridiculous, I know, but...) and the result is that by now I'm getting along just fine, at least as long as my hands aren't sweaty. So, I might try and play the Loner family some more, the first few days are going to be rather painful but once all these potential heirs grow up to children I should be just fine. Really, the only thing I can't really do well at all is the architectural aspect of the game, and apart from a future second attempt at running a business (I'll be running some off-screen tests in other families before that though), I'm past that in this case.

By the way, my proudest result of the past month:
    Spoiler:

Somehow I managed to create this abomination. Some random guy who was sitting in the University's 'family' bin at the beginning of the game first turned from some average Joe into a serial killer warlock (this one is a while ago though, happened before I started this), then became a plantsim and now got bitten by a wolf. My first ever of each, by the way. Well, the latter is not entirely true, but the game crashed shortly after one of this guy's daughters turned into a werewolf yesterday evening.

Anyway, more on life state shenanigans later...

Btw, I used Peasantview too (though they call it "Droomzicht" = Dreamview in dutch) , but I moved almost all of the custom sims there to a custom neighborhood.
    I did it exactly the other way around, I moved all premade sims (only from the original 3 neighborhoods though) into P(l)easantview and later restored the other two when I found out the game actually has backups of their original states hidden somewhere in its subfolders. Makes the data somewhat messy because most of the premade families are already at least in some way related, and for each household that had a memory or family tree entry of a person, that person got duplicated.

Say which expansion do you need in order to work as a spy and for the Lifetime aspiration benefits?
    To be honest; I have no idea because for most of the time I only had the basic game and when decided to acquire the expansions I got all at the same time.
    Some research says both the 'Intelligence' career track and the Lifetime Aspiration stuff were included in FreeTime though.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but from which country are you exactly?
    Your mean eastern neighbor ;)
    Here it's called "Schönsichtigen" btw, not right now though since I currently am using the English version.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Dayumn, he reminds me of Scarecrow from the Batman series... Creepy fella.XD
    Also thanks for answering my questions, the only expansions I don't have are apartment life and free time.
    Hope you get the next update up soon!

Years
  • TS2 Legacy Challenge - Part XVI - Touchpad plus mass toddlers equaaals....?
    Spoiler:

TS2 Legacy Challenge - Part XVII - Waaay too many people, what am I doing?

Spoiler:

TS2 Legacy Challenge - Part XVIII - Rearranging some family structures
    Spoiler:

By the way, is there a way I can change the thread title from [LP]TS2-LC to a more correct [AAR]TS2-LC or will I have to bother Yuoaman? I tried, but didn't find any yet.

Last edited:
    Years
  • TS2 Legacy Challenge - Part XIX - Never trust a computer...
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Have you learned your lesson yet about not paying attention while playing? :P/QUOTE]
    I'm an r-strategist in that regard
    niemals.gif

There more children I have, the less an unwanted death hurts. Easier than constantly paying attention. And if too many survive and the house becomes too crowded, there are always the pool, the cowplant and a lot of more fun but less convenient other means of depopulation. And killing people is a big part of the game anyway.

TS2 Legacy Challenge - Part XX - This weeks craze: Brainwashing
    Spoiler:

Years
  • What did I say against architects?
    smiley_think.gif
    The only thing I remember was directed at the fact that the guy apparently builds entire cities. That's a bit much.

But yeah, if the personality is inherited at all in some way, it'll probably be the original one. But we shall see...

TS2 Legacy Challenge - Part XXI - The end of an era
    Spoiler:

Back