• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation 1 Best Training Spot?

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I have a quick question to ask. What's the best place to train at if I want to level up real fast on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red and Blue Rescue Team? I tried the strongest training dojo but I'm not yet at a high enough level to beat the strongest training area. So, what can I do? It takes so long to level up.

Years
  • Best training move is linked Powder Snow + Growl or Linked Powder Snow + Odor Sleuth from Spheal/Swinub respectively.

In the dojo, you can get decent exp from Dragon Maze, Team Rumblerock, Ghost Maze, and Team Hydro (B3F), in order of increasing xp yield and increasing difficulty. Best exp in the game is in the deep floors of Western Cave, but that is for much later.

Check the kek shop between dojo runs; it resets every time and you might be able to buy a joy seed from him.

You can also get good exp by holding Goggle Specs and searching for Pokemon traps (question mark traps), and filling the room with gravelerock/throwing items before triggering the trap intentionally. However, if you can't follow that up with a good Powder Snow/Silver Wind/Heat Wave, that is a death wish. Early floors of Northern Range are good for this strategy.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I can't beat Team Hydro yet and I haven't yet unlocked Western Cave. But I have beat the main story. I'm at level 37 and need a place I can beat to get me at least 1,000 EXP every time I knock out a Pokemon.

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • By any chance, do you have access to the Silver Trench dungeon? The enemies here aren't as strong as Western Cave's, but I believe there's a guaranteed Monster House on floors 15, 35, 55 and 75 if you're willing to spend some extra time grinding. ^-^

Years
  • If you want 1000+ EXP per kill, that's not going to happen. Only legendary Pokemon can provide that amount of EXP, and that's only if they've been hit with a linked move.

You can get good EXP from a lot of enemies in Magma Cavern (Rhydon, Golem, Onix), so try to accept jobs there. It gives a good amount of gummies, too.

Back