• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speculation Dynamaxing in the anime

Years
  • With the newest Sword & Shield trailer came the reveal of the Dynamax feature! How do you guys think it'll work with battles in the anime? Any particular Pokémon you want Ash or someone else to Dynamax? Have any cool ideas for battles?

Last edited by a moderator:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I'm not entirely looking forward to it to be honest. Ash dynamaxes Pikachu so opposing trainer sends out Steelix and Mega Evolves it. Let's see... two of Pikachu's moves are completely ineffective(Electric doesn't work on Ground unless we use Anime logic like in the first season or with the battle against Hapu) and Iron Tail or Quick Attack are ineffective on Steel Types. How does Pikachu win that despite being Godzilla size? Answer: He can't or shouldn't.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    i look forward to seeing how it plays out. I think it's too early to really just ... shove the idea aside or hate on it because it's gonna happen might as well at least try to be open about it because if you hate it going in then of course no matter how it gets showcased in the anime you're going to dislike it.

at least, those are my two cents.

Years
  • i can already imagine ash's snorlax's dynamax and it is terrifying will probably be cute. hope misty rejoins just to dynamax psyduck.

Years
  • I am hoping Ash's Pikachu can try it one, since Ash as been with Pikachu for a long time since they first met at Oak's Lab at the start of his journey.

Sloxy

Mon Amour
    Years
  • Bet ya that if it will be used it will always be between the last two pokemon battling. I can't even imagine what it would be like to just do it and then gets back to normal mid battle, then again I'm not really a fan of Dynamax myself, and already see it as an unnecessary battle gimmick.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Is it bad that I'm hoping they'll just not acknowledge this feature at all? O.O

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    i find it pointless to even wish that (despite me also thinking it's a little silly for the anime hahah) because it's going to be th emain new mechanic in the games of course the anime is going to utilize it in some way. and since it's something that any Pokemon can do (since we saw Grookey do it) i have no doubts that Pikachu will be doing just that sometime.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    In my opinion, Mega Evolutions were the best.... In the anime, we got to see cool and fun battles which were totally awesome... The Mega Evolutions Special also showcased some of the powerful Mega-Evolved Pokemon.. Z-Moves were more prominent unlike mega evolution which resided with powerful and strong trainers... The Sun and Moon Anime has showed that by giving every companion of Ash a Z-Ring as well as a Z-Crystal.... This is just not good... Everyone except Ash, Kiawe are noobies with single Pokemon... Also, This Dynamax thing..Meh! Again, this will be prominent and will take out the uniqueness of Ash having special powers/moves...

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • and since it's something that any Pokemon can do (since we saw Grookey do it) i have no doubts that Pikachu will be doing just that sometime.
    Pikachu has been riding on Ash long enough, it's time to switch things around

Back