• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] The Dog Kennel . . . Who Let the Dogs Out?! Dog Lovers Fanclub

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    aka the COOLER club over the cat club. :)

So, welcome dog lovers!!!

To join... tell us your favourite dog breed. Tell us dog breeds you've owned (if you haven't owned any that's ok too!!) aaanndd tell us... who let the dogs out?!

CHALLENGE​
    Each week we'll have a fun challenge (sorta in collaboration with the photography club??) to take as many photos - phone photos welcome, quality doesn't matter here (in spoilers ofc) of a specific dog breed. Sometimes it'll be a simple dog breed. Sometimes it'll be really hard. You just gotta... try your best. :)

You'll earn points for every photo you take. Whoever has the most points at the end of the month will win the title of The Top Dog. So try your hardest! C:

THIS WEEK...

Poodle. Go out and take photos of poodles to share here.

Feel free to take photos of other dogs too but only poodles count for the challenge. ;)

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Hah a dog club. Take that Meowz(hint that's a Cats vs. Dogs joke). I grew up with just one breed: Pharoah Hound. AKC describes them as Smart but I'd argue the one I grew up with was as retarded as they come. Flunked Dog training and never really had recall if he was off leash(especially if there were other dogs or things he was interested in). On walks he'd pull us and that's despite a choke chain to deter him from doing that. Athletically gifted dog though and a decent guard dog in his youth. Had a burglar enter our backyard with the sliding door open with just the screen door keeping out the bugs. Well Ram(our name for him) heard and/or smelled the intruder and burst through the screen door and chased the burglar into our neighbor's yard before following burglar over the fence(fences are 6 feet high). He lived to be 15 or beyond the breed's life expectancy. I haven't had a dog since so it's been 18 years... Not too many dogs where I am either as the association is rather anti-dog.

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • I'll probably fit in better in this club xD I'm a dog person myself since its a pet I actually have.

My dog is a shiba inu named Simba.

He's getting old now, but he still seems very healthy.

I look forward to giving him more and more long walks again now that the weather is cooling down^^

I also like talking about him, so i'm reckonin' i'll quite enjoy this club :3

Thanks for starting it Ho-Oh. I'll be sure to mention this club to my own dog as well, he likes hearing about dog related things X3;

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Years
  • I remember dreaming about Simba pretty often when I first got him as a puppy.

One of my dreams had him jumping on my bed like a monkey xD

It was really funny.

Another was a dream about my dog wanting to surf with me at the beach, which was weird, cuz he's a dog that really hate's getting wet. Its actually kind of hard to walk him in the rain even!

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah Ram didn't like water either. We trained him on a water bottle and as soon as he saw it, he stopped what he was doing and went into his crate(which he turned into his sanctuary). As for walking him in the rain, he was ok on that. What sucked was having to dry him off because he never stood still long enough to fully dry him.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Joining! I suppose my favourite dog breed would be Pembroke Welsh Corgi, but I love all dogs <3

H9dqFG6.jpg

My own dog passed away recently, she was a 17 year old Yorkshire Terrier (my mom's favourite breed) and we still miss her a lot. It's so weird coming home and her not being around, still adjusting to her absence.

I am looking to adopt a dog now and I've been browsing shelter sites, but no rush - I want to find the perfect fit for me and my lifestyle.

LadyJirachu

Years
  • Joining! I suppose my favourite dog breed would be Pembroke Welsh Corgi, but I love all dogs <3

H9dqFG6.jpg

My own dog passed away recently, she was a 17 year old Yorkshire Terrier (my mom's favourite breed) and we still miss her a lot. It's so weird coming home and her not being around, still adjusting to her absence.

I am looking to adopt a dog now and I've been browsing shelter sites, but no rush - I want to find the perfect fit for me and my lifestyle.

Thats a cute picture ^_^

I naturally like shiba inus best since thats the kind of dog Simba is

I hope I get to walk him a lot this fall. Sadly I don't always feel well enough to give him very long walks and stuff cuz i'm on a lot of meds and they can make me feel all weak and sluggish :/

The first few years i had him i used to like spend the whole day out with him and stuff. It really helped us bond^^

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I naturally like shiba inus best since thats the kind of dog Simba is
    I think Shiba Inus are adorable as well! I found a CKC breeder in my area and I actually considered getting a Shiba Inu puppy, if adoption doesn't work out. I was reading up on the breed and they seem a bit difficult to train though, as they are very clever and with the wrong owner they may use their cleverness against them, haha. I don't know if I would be able to handle one. They also sound like a pretty energetic breed, and I worry I won't have enough time to give them the exercise they need since I work 8:30AM-5PM 5 days a week.

LadyJirachu

Years
  • I like fictional dogs quite a bit, too, after living with simba for awhile they started appealing to me more than fictional cats it seems xD

I especially seem to like dog like pokemon now. Like, all of them are really cool, and several seem like pretty big favs of mine now too :3 Lucario is tops, of course, I also enjoy Arcanine and Rockruff's line and any fox-like pokemon pretty much overall ^.^

Speaking of wild dogs, love'em in real life, too. Foxes and wolves are really beautiful, and i did some blingees of them today :)

LadyJirachu

Years
  • I used to be a cat person as a kid so back then I woulda prefered the cat club myself too xD

But once you've lived with one type of animal more than another (i've had my dog for 11 years now, compared to the cat I only seemed to have for two years when I was younger O.o loooong story i dun wanna get into about that lol xP), you start to really appreciate that type of pet after awhile. I feel i've learned quite a bit about the dog world thanks to Simba :3

I still like some cat-like pokemon quite a bit now, I think, too. Namely Espeon and Skitty. But it does seem I prefer pokemon that are more like dogs now xD

I remember when I stayed with my grandma for 2 weeks over the summer in 2009. It was a very good chance to bond with my dog (who was only 2 at the time). I wasn't used to being away from my mom and brother so long since i've never been to camp or anything. It was nice I had simba with me to help me miss my family less though =) Dogs really are our best friends.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    For me I've alwayssss been a dog person. Never owned a cat and never wanted to. The only cats I knew were wild and attacked our birds.

My dogs? Always there for me to chat to and hang with.

Anyone have any dog pics to share???

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Sadly I have no pictures to share because none of them happen to be digital and he died years ago before Digital Photography really took off(and I'm too lazy to look into digitizing old photos). Suffice to say that what you see in my first post is basically what you get with Pharaoh Hounds. As they get old, they obtain the signs of age with white in their face and fur. I also recommend that when a dog can't control his facilities(aka can't control his pee/poop) or can't move very well due to arthritis that its time to put it down(if not overdue). Our dog lived to be 15 and only did so with abundant care on our part. Had he been left to his own devices, he probably would have lasted to 12/13 at most.

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Years
  • My dog is 11 and still very healthy :) If he can live to around 14 i'll be really happy. He's thankfully a smaller breed (he's a shiba inu). I have read, though, shibas only live around 12-15 years. So i'll try not to feel too sad if he doesn't live past 14 (but if he can that would be awesome).

I was stressing over some stuff (not uncommon for me, though i'm trying to outgrow that cuz its bad for my health) yesterday, so petting Simba for awhile helped calm my nerves.

His fur is really really soft :)

I remember randomly dreaming about walking him tonight actually. My dream had us walking through a field of blue fabric flowers xD I like that dream ^_^

Last edited:
    Years
  • I want to join the dog club. Dogs are the best, they are cute, intelligent, loving, devoted and the save lives. My mother's Chow dog Chewbacca bit and drove off a burglar who was trying to break down her door one night, and my German Shepherd Cinnamon, whom we sometimes called Shaney, went to go get help when my uncle was going into diabetic shock and saved his life. I have had dogs all my life, as I mentioned there have been Chows in every color from red to black to white to red, a German Shepherd, and many strays I have fed from Boxers to Pitbulls, as well as dogs of neighbors, friends and family that I have fond memories of from Labradors to Daschunds to Irish Setters to Basette Hounds. My grandpa, who had a jillion poodles and took in every stray he could find gave my mother a piece of advice, "Never trust a man who doesn't like dogs."

Right now I just have one dog but since I also have a cat it is still a pretty lively household. Here is my boy. We rescued from the Humane Society after he was surrendered by a couple who was too sick to take care of him anymore. They named him Cotton. I like to call him Prince though because he's so beautiful and graceful, that magnificent white coat, relaxed pose and thise kind, dark eyes. However, sometimes we do revert back to calling him Cotton. So he is the Cotton Prince.

Our boy is very loving and calm at home and just likes to jump up on the couch and curl up besides you. He is great with kids and small animals. He even likes cats. He also likes older people and the handicapped He will never hurt the vulnerable. Understandably because this breed was known for protecting sheep in the mountains of France and Spain. I just wish he would stand up for himself a little more because our pet cat likes to walk all over him, try to eat his food or claim his bed. He is a gentle dog at heart despite his large size and deep, resonant voice. However, while Prince is chivalrous and kind to little creatures he will stand down and bark at something he deems to be a thread like the loud, gigantic garbage truck, and would never let anyone hurt or bully his family. He's a protector

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Years
  • Cotton Prince is a very handsome looking animal^^ His coat looks really shiny :)

I grew up around cats more than dogs, though I never really had my own pet as a kid (we helped take care of our neighbors' cat time to time though and i felt a bit of a bond with him. his name was Cousin Woo^^).

Simba is very kind to me when I cry. He'll lick the tears off my face :)

I've had many dreams about Simba in general too. When he was a puppy, I one time dreamt he was a monkey jumping on my bed xD I guess it showed I wasn't that used to having a dog in my life :P I got him when I was about 16. Still, thanks to years of living with him, i've grown to really appriciate dogs. I really like dog like pokemon now too^^ Especially Lucario, Korrina's main xD And Growlithe and Arcanine are really beautiful too. I think i'd want to train a Growlithe if Pokemon was real :)

The 'animals' i'm probably most used to being around are Pokemon. I've been a Pokemon fan pretty much non stop since about the age of 11 (or maybe 10?) xD So they can feel quite real to me at times.

It would be nice to own an all dog team on pokemon showdown^^ I'm thinking Lycanroc, Lucario, Arcanine, and Granbull are some pokemon i'll add so far. Wonder who the last two will be? :P

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Cotton Prince is a very handsome looking animal^^ His coat looks really shiny :)

I grew up around cats more than dogs, though I never really had my own pet as a kid (we helped take care of our neighbors' cat time to time though and i felt a bit of a bond with him. his name was Cousin Woo^^).

Simba is very kind to me when I cry. He'll lick the tears off my face :)

I've had many dreams about Simba in general too. When he was a puppy, I one time dreamt he was a monkey jumping on my bed xD I guess it showed I wasn't that used to having a dog in my life :P I got him when I was about 16. Still, thanks to years of living with him, i've grown to really appriciate dogs. I really like dog like pokemon now too^^ Especially Lucario, Korrina's main xD And Growlithe and Arcanine are really beautiful too. I think i'd want to train a Growlithe if Pokemon was real :)

The 'animals' i'm probably most used to being around are Pokemon. I've been a Pokemon fan pretty much non stop since about the age of 11 (or maybe 10?) xD So they can feel quite real to me at times.

It would be nice to own an all dog team on pokemon showdown^^ I'm thinking Lycanroc, Lucario, Arcanine, and Granbull are some pokemon i'll add so far. Wonder who the last two will be? :P

Houndoom and Stoutland

LadyJirachu

Years
  • My dog likes to eat almonds. I give them to him as treats every so often :3

He likes peanuts too.

I remember I used to take my dog to this one resterant that allowed pets in the past. He didn't misbehave there from what I remember, and i'm sure people found him very cute :3

Also, Simba used to love carrying gloves in his mouth during walks. I didn't even train him to do that xD Its something he just did on his own. Then lost interest in after awhile.

He also likes dandelions. He lets me decorate his collar with them when they're around =) He doesn't really like wearing other clothing items though.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Is this club still active at all? I love dogs. :3 Way better than cats.

Back