• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen 6 project setup help?

mhana300

Pokemon Guardians Developer
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Is there a good step by step tutorial for mej71's gen 6 project? I know I would obviously backup my folder and then replace graphics and stuff, but which part of the data folder do I put in without messing with my custom scripts and tilesets so that the new abilities and types work?

As a side note, I assume there aren't any static 3d models for graphics correct? If so, would someone mind linking me to those as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • The gen 6 project no longer replaces any data files, only your PBS files (and some graphics)
    Essentials v16 contains all the new abilities and moves

mhana300

Pokemon Guardians Developer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    The gen 6 project no longer replaces any data files, only your PBS files (and some graphics)
    Essentials v16 contains all the new abilities and moves

I am literally replacing the pokemon,abilities,tms,moves,types.txt files and it has no affect whatsoever and I am using 16.2 -- any ideas?

Years
    • Seen today
    Have you tried a forced data compile?
    You can find it in the Debug menu and Editor.exe as "Compile Data".

Back