• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Poke-Ronpa: Year One - Despair [IC]

Years

• Poke-Ronpa: Year One - Despair

Rated M

GM: Stardust

Mew-school.jpg

Your character travels to Cinnibar Island to attend the opening ceremony of Hope's Peak academy where they have been invited and accepted for this school year. Shortly after arriving, they lose consciousness and wake up somewhere on the first floor of the school. Metal plates cover the windows and doors and video cameras perch in the corners of the rooms on the ceiling. All students are to gather in the atrium upon waking up. Best of luck, may the games begin.

Brooke Baker - Day 1

Brooke stood with both feet planted firmly on the concrete walkway leading up to Hope's Peak academy, a towering school designed by some of the greatest architectural minds of the modern age. Not only did the school look beautiful but stood for something beautiful as well, excellence in all walks of life. Each year eighteen students are accepted to this school, eighteen students who have already proven their worth but who are looking to advance themselves even further. The school doesn't only stand for educational excellence, but serves as a way to prepare the world's next leaders, a way to provide hope if you will for the future.

Traveling through the city had been an experience. After the volcanic explosion that had destroyed Old Cinnibar thirty years ago, there had been some talk of just letting the city die altogether. After clean up began though, everyone had been optimistic, despite losing most of what they had. On top of that, free clean free energy from the volcano helped leadership make the decision. And so reconstruction had begun. And now only thirty years later the city has risen up back to its former glory, and if it was a crown then Hope's Peak would be the crown jewel.

Smiling to herself, she shouldered her bag and walked towards the doors, checking her three pokeballs as she walked. Satisfied that she had everything, she walked out of the shining hot sun and into the school, pushing through the glass double doors and into the atrium of the school. She looked around the entrance of the building, empty except for herself. Brushing her hair out of her eyes, she checked the clock. It was seven thirty, only a half hour early, but she was surprised that nobody else had arrived yet. Sighing to herself, and preparing for a long wait, she walked over to one of the benches to sit down to wait.

As she was seating herself, placing her bag of belongings on the floor before the bench, her vision started to blur. Colors began to bleed together and then fade, and her mind all of a sudden went blank like an empty slate. Her vision went black, and she lost consciousness.

Some time later…

Brooke scrunched her eyes together in annoyance as a buzzer like an alarm clock sounded. "Five more minutes", she grumbled to herself and reached to where her alarm should have been in her room. Feeling nothing, she stretched farther, then shrieked as she slipped and fell onto the floor. She opened her eyes groaning and nursing a bruise on her side, and then she suddenly stopped not knowing where she was. She was in some laundry room somewhere with a dozen washing and drying machines lining the wall. One of them was buzzing annoyingly which had woken her up.

Walking over to the noisy washing machine she opened the door to shut the machine up, and found nothing inside. Confused as to who had used the machine with nothing in it, she slammed the door in disgust. Shaking her head in an attempt to clear the cobwebs in her brain, she looked around trying to figure out exactly where she was. She tried to think back to what she last remembered. She had remembered entering Hope's Peak, but almost nothing after that.

Coming to the conclusion that she knew pretty much nothing at all, she decided to not worry about it at the moment. No point in worrying about something that she can't change. She would just have to figure it out as she went. Immediately that panic arose again when she checked for her pokeballs and her hand came away empty. She furiously searched around the room for her things, her pokeballs, anything, but still nothing. She forced herself to take deep breaths, although she was still panicking and a bit jittery. She wanted to spring to her feet and race through the building, but she had no idea where she was or where she would go. But neither could she do nothing.

Glancing around the room she found a map posted on one wall, noticing that she was in some school. It didn't say anything about what school it was, but she went ahead and assumed it was Hope's Peak. Deciding that she should probably do what she was going to do before she blacked out, she made her way to the atrium, burying her panic as best she could and taking small measured steps.

As she walked she payed little attention to the scenery, although if she had she would have noticed the slightly darker than normal atmosphere, with the lights half dimmed as if to preserve energy, as well as a lack of any natural light with large steel panels where windows or exterior doors should have been. Upon reaching the atrium the setting didn't improve much with a large bank vault style door. Two large gatling style machine guns hung from the ceiling on either side of the doors, and in each ceiling corner of the room was a camera with a softly blinking red light.

The room was occupied by fourteen other people, other students Brooke assumed. Taking her place among them, she looked at another girl in a green coat and black hair and said, "Do… do you have any idea what's going on?"

The other girl gave her a peeved look. " I know just as much as you do. I assume we are this year's students, and I know nothing else. There should be eighteen, and you make fifteen. I hate repeating myself, so wait till they get here before we make any introductions."

Brooke sighed to herself and shook her head, deciding to ignore the rudeness of the girl. Still, she had a point. It'd be best to settle down and wait for the other three students.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Jenna Bumo
    Day - 1​

Jenna and her Infernape departed the ferry on to Cinnabar Island. Today was finally the day. It was her first day at Hope's Peak and her chance to be one step closer to beating the awful Korrina over in the Kalos region. Eager to start, she and Infernape ran through the city up towards the new beautiful school. She had been chosen as this year's ultimate Fighting type trainer. It was a long process, took months to finally be accepted. Tests...so many tests...written, oral, battling, history...Jenna almost gave up on it all. But then the day came where she got her letter and ticket to Cinnabar and all the work paid off.

Jenna and Infernape reached the base of the school and marveled at its beauty. They looked at each other and smiled. Looking up at its beautiful windows, Jenna felt she was being watched and noticed a dark silhouette in one of the windows out of the corner of her eye. She turned her head fully towards it to get a better look but it had vanished by that time.

"Did you see that Infernape?" she asked the monkey Pokemon. He shook his head and Jenna shrugged, "Must have just been the curtain. Let's head inside" she said and they opened the door and that is the last thing she remembered.

20 minutes later....

Jenna jolted awake as her head hit the floor. She groaned at the pain and felt the bump on her neck. She then realized the floor was moving, or so she thought. She quickly got to her feet and saw it was just a treadmill. She looked around and saw it was a gym.

"How the heck did I get in here? And who turned this damn thing on while I was knocked out on it!?" she exclaimed. "Let's get out of here Infernape" she turned to where she thought it was at and saw he was gone.

"Infernape? Infernape!" Jenna yelled to no avail. "This place is creepy" she shuddered, "okay how bout Primeape?" she thought to herself, reaching towards her belt where her PokeBalls were located and felt nothing there. Her eyes widened in fear.

"Where are my Pokemon?!!!!" she screamed loudly. Just then she notices the camera in the corner, squarely on her. She gets up close to it and looks directly at it, "You are all going to pay for this!" she shouts.

Jenna grabs her backpack and walks out the weight room unsure of where to start but figures the atrium would be as good as any. She manages to get herself there and sees a large group of over a dozen people gathered together. She walks over to a smaller girl about her age and wearing what looked like a reptile skin. As she got closer she realized it was a jacket that looked like a Golem's shell.

"Hey what the heck is going on? Why are my Pokemon gone? And why are we gathered here? What knocked me out?" Jenna asked all at once.

The girl looks at her with a confused look and shrugs her shoulders "I guess its part of the school, must be something for us new students. We'll find out once everyone is here I'm sure, so calm down" she retorted back.

Jenna and crosses hers arm and gives the girl a dirty look and walks away from the Golem girl. "This place is getting better by the second", she thinks to herself as she leans up against the wall, away from everybody.

"Some way to welcome your students" Jenna mutters as she rubs the bump on the back of her head some more, "Something doesn't sit right in all this", as she thinks back to the dark silhouette she saw as she anxiously waits for the others to show up.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Day 1 - Edward Longhaven​

Waking up from a concrete floor wasn't the first thing that Edward would have chosen to rise up from. Once he had managed to get into a sitting position and made sure that he wasn't bleeding he had to proceed to the next step, where was he and why was he on the floor? He was pretty sure that he had gone to sleep in the hotel's bed the night before, and he had packed up to head to the school… and then whatever happened between then and now was blank. As he gathered his senses he noticed that he was in some sort of restroom, and he could see that the door was ajar. Edward made his way out and looked outside to the empty hallway.

He could clearly see classrooms with room numbers placed next to each door, as well as lockers that clung to the walls. Was he at some sort of school? Wait… was he at Hope's Peak? That couldn't be right, this was the day when they were to supposed to register or at least get a tour around the school, right? Why would he be in the bathroom and why would no one else be around? He took a quick peak into a nearby classroom only to see that it was empty. Maybe he had broken off from the group to take a bathroom break and had tripped? If he hit his head it would make sense why he was suffering from a bit of amnesia.

He reached for his belt, figuring that Ramsie had been out at the time and could lead him back to where the group was. Though… his fingers brushed through the air instead. Edward frowned and felt again, and once more his pokeballs did not magically appear from thin air. In fact, all four were gone. Had he dropped them? He headed back into the bathroom, just to make sure, and grumbled to himself when he didn't see any red balls. Okay, no worries. He just had to find one of the teachers and report what had happened.

He managed to find a map upon the wall that helped direct him down the stairs and right for the atrium. Instead of seeing any welcome signs or booths set up to help the new students out, he saw guns and locks. "... Well, I guess someone doesn't want us out." He murmured to himself. He looked about. Just then another student made her way into the area as well. Everyone seemed dazed with another girl who was practically shrieking her head off.

"Look." Edward spoke out with a raised voice as he raised his hands a bit, "We're not going to get anywhere by just shouting at each other and letting our excitement get the better of us. The first things we need to figure out are where we are, and why we are here." He looked about, "Now… does anyone have any idea where we are?"

Years

• Kasey Hotternell
    New Life at this New School!

"This is it. Today's the day I officially begin studying at the most prestigious school in the world. The only thing stopping me was the big blue wet thing between Vermilion and Cinnabar, but that too has been conquered!" Kasey stands triumphantly at the base of the stairs, stopping only to polish off his Old Gateau. "Mmmm... rich and creamy, and the strawberries are so succulent! ...well, that should tide me over until lunch!"

He ascends the stairs, throwing open the doors and stepping boldly inside. "Here I am! Let the school year begin!"

He awakens hours later in a daze.

"Hello? Anyone there? Where am I?" It's dark, and cramped. Kasey finds it hard to move, trapped in a small container. He hears the waves outside, feels the oven bobbing in the tide. "No! Not again! Somebody let me out!" He thrashes and flails in panic, trying to escape this prison, this Hell.

Finally, he kicks open the door, tumbling out of the locker and onto the floor. He looks around in confusion, his chest heaving. "Oh... oh man... my life flashed before my eyes! Where am I? Some kind of... locker room? What?"

He rises to his feet, slowly exiting the changing room. "It's so dark in here... let's shed some light on the situation!" He reaches for Lampent's Pokeball, safely tucked into his pocket, but finds only lint. He searches other pockets, beginning to worry. "Aw, dude! Whoever shoved me in that locker took my Pokemon! This is the worst prank I've ever had pulled on me! ..oh, didn't get this though!"

He pulls out a chocolate bar, which he had stuck in a pocket shortly before arriving. "Hmm... only partially melted. I can't have been out for more than half an hour. That means I'll still make it to class on time! I'll find someone of authority to report to! ...man, why am I talking to myself?"

Following the steps on a convenient map (presumably in case of fire), he makes his way to the atrium, finding it filled with other students. He sees a few others freaking out, a few others standing around calmly, and a few acting cocky. He promptly forgets about first impressions and lets everyone know how he feels.

"Hey! Is this someone's sick idea of a joke?! I'm gonna find whoever took my balls and stuffed me in a locker, and I'll tear him into little pieces! Which I will then dice into cubes, season lightly, and cook into a stew with mire poix and potatoes!"

Last edited:
    Years

• Cooper Ferris

Kanto was an interesting place, Cooper thought. Formerly closer to a traditional area, it was recently begun to modernize. On his way over from Sinnoh to Kanto, he had passed through some of the developing metropoles and the quaint smaller towns. Sure, Sinnoh had smaller towns, but they were usually pretty industrialized.

He knew that Cinnabar was something in-between the two extremes. Being destroyed by volcanic eruption a few decades back, it had been rebuilt into an ode to modern architecture combined with the open space and beauty of the villages that speckled Kanto. And here was where he was to begin his first year at high school. New friends to make! New people to impress!

As he finally found his way to the school's main building, he let out a low, impressed whistle. Architecture wasn't his cup of tea but he'd picked up some skills and tips and tricks through his study. After all, it was another form of engineering. And he had to say this particular building ticked all the boxes stashed away in the miscellaneous corner of his mind. A smile played at the corner of his lips, which he struggled to quash. No! Smiling like a giddy kid isn't cool! He patted the pockets of his trenchcoat, satisfied that everything he wanted to bring on his person was safely stowed away, and nodded. With his wheelie bag of other belongings in hand, he began to climb the stairs. Alright, it was time to go! Time to make one heck of a first imptession!

The last thing he remembered was flinging open the door and striding inside, and the world suddenly blinking out of existence.

---

The next thing he was aware of was that his cheek was oddly cold. Awareness slowly came back to his body with every little twitch of his fingers and toes. He wasn't very comfortable, but he didn't feel capable of moving. But that fact didn't really scare him, somehow. Soon, though, his desire to figure out why he was so damn uncomfy won over the weakness in his muscles, and he rolled over.

Right to fall off whatever he was lying on and onto the ground. He grunted at the impact, but it didn't hurt as much as he expected. With bleary eyes, Cooper sat up. It took a while for the world to come into focus, but from what he could tell is that he had been lying on some kind of metal bench. Ovens were set into the walls. With a frown, he struggled to his feet. It was dark. Almost night-time dark. Though his eyes were obviously adjusted, he couldn't really get a good read of the area.

"Well, time to light up the place, bud," he murmured to himself, reaching into his pocket to grab the Pokeball of his Klefki. But there was nothing in there. What? He had definitely checked earlier! He slipped his hand into his other pockets, even the ones hidden in the lining of his coat. Nothing. Nothing! Just his swiss army knife, a few snacks, a map, and some coins. But no Pokeballs. "Ah, damn..." he murmured, trying to calm his nerves.

Okay. Okay. This was scary, but in a way, it was super-cool. Here he was, lost and alone, in some place he didn't know. A mystery! It was more exciting than scary, right? First thing's first: He had to somehow escape this kitchen. Now that he'd gotten more of his bearings, he surveyed the area. How could he leave? How could he-

Oh, the door. Surely it'd be locked, right?

He moved over to the door and pressed down the handle. It swung open. Huh. Anticlimactic.

He now found himself in a cafeteria of some kind. The lights were on in here, but dimmed, and he quickly ascertained that there was no natural light at all - after all, there were thick steel plates bolted onto the wall where windows should be, with almost comically large bolts. As he walked through the maze of tables, he heard a soft whirring and glanced into the corner of the room. He almost jumped. Large gattling guns were trained on him, along with a camera. After a few tense moments, he realized they weren't looking to shoot him. O-Okay. Things were exciting again. There was something bubbling up in the pit of Cooper's stomach - excitement, fear, he wasn't entirely sure.

Things weren't much different in the halls, but Cooper was finally able to center himself. The lockers on the walls told him all he needed to know - he was at a school. "Hope's Peak..." He murmured to himself. But why was it doing some kind of weird "Escape"-type thing? He snapped his fingers. Duh. They're testing the wits of the new students! The guns are just for show and to spook them. Confident in his assessment, he decided to find the rest of his to-be classmates.

Which... didn't take long at all. He turned away from the stairs to his right, turned a couple of corners, and found himself pretty much right at the atrium. Everyone seemed fairly concerned. A chubby, short boy (like, really short, whoa) seemed to be commanding attention at that moment - something about threatening whoever locked them all away by turning them into mincemeat or somethin', but in fancier words. Ah, this was his chance!

Cooper flourished his coat and crossed his arms, tilting his head down so his eyes were hidden by his cap. "Ah, you're making me hungry," he said, forcing his voice low. "Hungry for justice!" He flicked his cap up and gave the most confusing look halfway between a cheesy grin and a brooding scowl. "Cooper Ferris, Ultimate Steel-Type, is on the case!"

Yep, that's one heck of a first impression!

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Rosalina ~

Spoiler:

"Margery? Margery!? Where are—"

"Shigure! I'm right here!"

"O-oh, Mew, I though I'd lost you!"

"No, I'm fine. We'll all be fine."

"Not at this rate, no. We have to get to the beach before-- Wh-what are you doing...!?"

"Take Chad, okay? I have to—"

"You're coming to the beach, right!?"

"I will, I will come to the beach! But I'm going back."

"What!?"

"Ester twisted her ankle. I'm going to help her. She's still young! And so are you so, run! Take Chad and run!

RUN!
    She could see the man with pale face and gaunt fingers backing away, almost as if his wife was the volcano. But he was fast, and as soon as he whipped around to race off into the darkness, the scene faded from view and Rosalina was left alone and dazed in a room darker than her bedraggled hair.

That telekinesis of hers was still too much of a bother to understand. The vision was gone and she instinctively did not dwell upon it.

She'd come to mere seconds ago and was still rubbing forced sleep from her eyes. Her hair wasn't the only tangled mess; so was her brain. She was the inquisitive type so of course the first thing she did was ask questions. The most basic inquiry: Where was she? Who had put her here? How had they put her here? Why was it so dark? What time was it? Was the person who dumped her here still around? Who even was around? Just herself? Was she alone on the cold floor in the middle of a pitch-black room? No Espurr, no Cenobia!?

There was the aspiration to fly into a panic from within Rosalina, but she was too fearful, and thus refrained. With widened eyes and quavering hands, she reviewed the shrouded space around her while attempting to de-tangle her thoughts. Recollection brought her back into the air above Cinnabar Island, hands gripping the spherical body of the Avianoid Pokemon as Cenobia glided overhead. Rosalina blinked away the rushing wind as her Sigilyph gave a whistle, slowing her pace and dropping down, right in front of the magnificent school doors. As soon as she departed, her family was upon her, with wrapped gifts and toiletries and clothes—old and new— and snacks and new school supplies... It was almost overwhelming, but Rosalina was relieved all the same. Their good wishes, hugs and teary farewells imbued her with energy. She pushed through the entrance and strode into the lobby, lighthearted.

If only that feeling of inspiration resided with her now, for that was the last thing she could remember. The memory was vivid, yes, but there was a big gap in-between her entering the school and wherever she was now. Her conclusion was that someone or something had wiped her mind clean—perhaps using some powerful drug—and deserted her in some secured shed, safe or wherever hideous kidnappers put their victims. It was a small space, after all, that smelled of dust and abandonment. Perhaps a closet, but Rosalina noted the slivers of light above her head from the covered windows. She was definitely a victim of some abduction, she decided, but her kidnappers must have been fairly incompetent. They'd left her unsecured with a half-opened door just a few feet away. But that only made Rosalina increasingly skeptical.

There's got to be someone guarding the door. They'd ambush me, probably knock me out again...

And so she had two choices: cower in fear (which was tempting) or fight back. And suddenly, Rosalina was determined.

Well, two can play at that game...!

She knew where she kept her supplies. Everything in a bag, box or suitcase was out-of-sight, probably deducted from her once she'd been put into unconsciousness. But Rosalina's shirt pocket still contained a spare pencil. A little box of mints sat in her rightmost pants pocket and secured to her thin, golden belt should be attached two Pokeballs: a Heal Ball and the normal variation. Rising shakily to her feet, Rosalina tiptoed to the open door. She peeped through the crack: no one there. Though her vision was certainly limited. There was no telling if the guard was around or not, so just to be for certain...

"GO, ESPURR!"

Her left arm swung open the door and her right arm grabbed the Heal Ball and flung it in one flowing motion. And it would have worked: the ball bursting open in a brilliant flash of light, releasing her Pokemon right where she'd calculate he would land, if she hadn't thrown a make-believe Pokeball. Rosalina realized quickly two things: She had been in Hope's Peak Academy all along and she had no Pokeballs. No Espurr or Cenobia, but she hadn't been taken hostage or drugged (?)... One startling piece of news was much more relieving than the other.

Now Rosalina was distraught. She could spare a few dozen plaid shirts and bulging pencil pouch, but the family 'mon? And Espurr, her Espurr, that'd she had since a kitten? Who was growing so much everyday alongside her, who was her inseparable partner since she was eleven? Her built-up bravery shriveled and deflated, the fiery light in her eyes died down to a dull, doleful glow. "...Espurr?'

And now the girl must have been hearing things. There came a voice, off in the distance, that Rosalina had mistaken for his meow. Espurr's meow, the meow only she had ever heard, for usually he was silent and stiller than as if he'd visited a taxidermist. Of course she was mistaken, as this voice echoed downed the grand halls. Dramatic it was, though faint, and Rosalina strained to hear what it wished to communicate. "...Ultimate Steel-type... the case!"

Ultimate Steel-type? Oh, I get it. They must be a student! Reassurance was coming back to Rosalina and she had to remain at-ease, lest she begin blubbering and sniveling over the absence of her companion. Surely other students would understand the situation at-hand here. Unless their Pokemon had also vanished? And their possessions too?

Sometimes her habit of questioning was more a curse than a blessing, for panic struck once more. If they also had every belonging of theirs stolen away, they'd be as clueless as Rosalina, because they'd all be suffering from the same incident! But this wasn't purposeful, surely? Not some test, some "prove-yourself-with-an-absurd-challenge" set-up? Because that wouldn't be very scholar-friendly, would it...?

Pondering did not prevent Rosalina from moving. She hurried down the hall in the direction of the voice whose indistinct words replayed again and again in her head. Her hair was still a disheveled mess and her glasses were smeared; she was far too pressured to fix either of them. When she did arrive in the atrium a rightful mess, her voice squeaked with anguish:

"A-anyone, please! D-do you know what's going on!? I can't find my Espurr or a-any of my things!"

Last edited:
    Years
  • Jade Bailey
    Day 1
    Atrium - F1

Jade Bailey was fed up and pissed off. Not only was the first day of school not going at all as planned, but now she had to deal with and stay patient with all the panicking ignorant windbags around her. Honestly, couldn't they see that all the panic and asking questions was pointless? Everything had obviously happened to them all, waking up in the school with all their belongings and pokemon missing, and so none of them would have any answers to where they might be. The persistently nagging students irritated her, but she maintained her composure, if only out of habit. She was Jade Bailey, heir to a dynasty of financial power and wealth. She had dealt with irritating businessmen who had treated her like a child, underestimating her. Surely she could deal with a group of annoying school children.

She took a deep breath and let it out, letting the sound of the small gathering crowd wash and flow over her, not really listening to anything, only catching bits and pieces of conversation. "Some way to welcome your students..." "We're not going to get anywhere by just shouting at each other and letting our excitement get the better of us. The first things we need to figure out are where we are, and why we are here." "Cooper Ferris, Ultimate Steel-Type, is on the case!" "A-anyone, please! D-do you know what's going on!?"

Finally she stomped one foot on the floor, her heel making a distinctive and loud click drawing all the attention of those around her. She allowed herself a small smile, knowing how easy it was to get others attention. "Alright people. Seeing as how all eighteen of us are here, I think it would be best for all of us to at least understand the situation, and to get some introductions to know who we all are." She honestly didn't really care who they were. Just like before Hope's Peak she would manipulate them to do what she wanted just like back in her father's business, but it didn't do to let them know that. She should at least try to make an effort to have a peaceable outward appearance. "From what I've heard from all of you", she continued, "the situation we find ourselves in seems to be identical for all of us. Shortly after entering Hope's Peak, we all passed out and woke up somewhere here, which appears to still be Hope's Peak. Secondly, all of our belongings seem to have disappeared, probably confiscated for some reason. And lastly, all of our pokemon seem to have been taken along with our belongings. " When nobody objected to her observations, she continued. "Now for introductions. My name is Jade Bailey, grass type trainer. I am also the heir to a multilateral business and am an accomplished businesswoman." She heard someone in the crowd snickered, "Rich privileged *****." Her eyes got an icy look and she retorted, "If that's what you want to think about me, fine. You'll regret saying that within a week.

After a short silence indicating she was done, the other students started to introducing themselves one by one.

Some students she took little notice of, such as the Ultimate Tracker Meghan Murphey, or the ice trainer Kathrine Schulz, Ultimate Artist. Others she took more interest of. Gabriel Allen muttered a few short words about being an Ultimate Chemist, but she could see a fearsome intelligence in his quick darting eyes, as if her were analyzing each and every one of them. Olivia Morgan appeared to be mostly normal, but when asked her talents she simply responded in a flat response, "Ultimate Paranormal." When she got quizzical looks at that, she sighed and went on. "As far as anyone can tell, I'm a ghost. I don't age, I can't die. Occasionally I can pass through walls or influence people." She got some skeptical looks at that, but the introductions went on after it was made clear by her silence that she was done talking. Mason King also intrigued her. He had a dark look in his eye as he said coldly, "Mason King, Ultimate Mobster. Fairy trainer." After hearing a small giggle his face flushed an angry red and he said, "Who the **** just laughed!" It immediately stopped and after a moment the slender and weak looking boy released his clenched fists. Good to know, a boy insecure about his size and stature with a short fuse. Not one to mess with. Eventually the introductions turned to the last five students.

[/center]

Last edited:
    Years

• Kasey Hotternell
    Everybody, meet Everybody!

Kasey recieved a few odd looks, but one student's reaction was far more than he could have expected.

"Ah, you're making me hungry..." he says, his voice low. "Hungry for justice!" He raises his cap and gives the most confusing look. Is that a smile?

Kasey's indignation and righteous fury are on their last legs, and he tries to come up with a witty comeback. "Oh yeah? Well, you're... making me hungry! ...aw, I could really go for a hoagie or something right now..." he slumps a little, his voice lost in the following din of the other students.

One student apparently has had enough, stamping her foot and getting everyone's attention. "Alright people. Seeing as how all eighteen of us are here, I think it would be best for all of us to at least understand the situation, and to get some introductions to know who we all are... My name is Jade Bailey, grass type trainer... and an accomplished businesswoman."

Others begin introducing themselves, and Kasey just rolls with it when his turn comes up. "I'm Kasey Hotternell, Fire-type trainer and Ultimate Foodie. Speaking of which, did any of you dudes see a kitchen or something around here? I could really go for a snack right now. I'll make something for everyone, if they want!" He tries not to sound too desperate, but he's really hungry.

Last edited:

FireSnow

Years
  • Jenna watched as the last few students straggled in. Some guy rambled about food…another about Steel types and on the case…finally some sniveling girl crying about her Pokemon. Jenna had quickly regained her composure and just snickered to herself as all these children tried to take control, cried for their mommy or just wouldn't stop with the constant questions.

Then the loud stamp of a foot echoed throughout the atrium. "This should be good" Jenna thought to herself. "My name is Jade Bailey….heir to a multilateral business…an accomplished businesswoman." Jenna rolled her eyes and muttered loudly "Rich, privileged *****". The look on Jade's face was priceless as Jenna smirked. No way was she about to listen to some stuck up rich girl, who just because she has daddy's money, thinks she owns everybody. Jenna couldn't wait to have a chance against her in battle. If only she had her Pokemon or she'd challenge Jade on the spot.

Then the introductions started, Camila Palmeira Ultimate Pilot "Yawn", Kiera Phillips Ultimate Trivia Wiz "Double yawn" and Valeri Bryant Ultimate Runner "Seriously, these people made it in?" Jenna thought. Then Vanessa Bernardi introduced herself as the Ultimate Dragon Tamer and her experience raising and training all kinds of Dragons over in the Village of Dragons in the Unova region. Jenna's ears perked up at that. "Village of Dragons huh...Now that's actually interesting. Could be a worthy ally here. Very admirable. The chubby, short kid then began rambling about food again and she groaned. Refusing to listen to that train wreck, Jenna interrupted "Jenna Bumo, Ultimate Trainer and Fighting type extraordinaire. Just stay out of my way…" she coldly says as she stares expressionless at the group from her spot on the edge of the atrium against the wall. "Don't need anyone telling me what to do" as she gives a hardened, dark look towards Jade.

The group stood silent, unsure of what to say or think after that and Jenna didn't care, all that mattered was beating her. She crossed her arms and leaned back against the wall. Her stomach growled and she wished that she wasn't rude to the food kid, Kasey. She could've also really used a hoagie...and fries...and milkshake. Her mind went numb thinking about all the food she wanted and soon some drool. Feeling it on her chin, she snapped back and wiped it off, hoping no one noticed. Her mind wandered back to the group and matter at hand, and listened to the last three students speak. She couldn't wait to hear that Cooper kid who had a bit too much spunk for her liking.

Last edited:

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Rosalina ~

Spoiler:

The click echoed off the polished atrium floor and Rosalina was drawn to listen just as everyone else was. She had constructed a fair amount of conclusions already, just based on this vast crowd of students. Ms. Jade Bailey only confirmed—unfortunately— what she had predicted.

No one here has any real clue of what's going on since we've all had our possessions and our Pokemon taken away and there's no real resolutions either yet so... We're screwed!

But the young woman who had stepped in suddenly and taken charge seemed exceptionally capable of doing so. She talked intelligently and she kept a calm demeanor; Rosalina respected that. Seconds in and there was already an established leader. Her fellow pupils didn't seem as competent enough for the sort of role. Of course this included Rosalina, she was the exact opposite of proud, but she especially meant the blond girl standing to the side. Her exclamation towards Jade Bailey was crude and she leaned against the wall as if she weren't dressed in school girl clothes and her hair as bright as a canary's.

Jenna Bumo, Ultimate Trainer and Fighting-type extraordinaire was one of the many students Rosalina consciously decided to avoid. There was Mason King, Ultimate Mobster. Just as small and out-of-place as Fairy types seemed to be. He reminded her of a Slurpuff she'd seen, tottering around on his owner's leash outside Parfum Palace, jumping out at every passerby and slobbering all over the pavement. The thought alone made Rosalina chuckle but apparently she was a bit too loud.

"Who the **** just laughed!?"

Rosalina clamped her mouth shut and became reluctant to make eye contact with the scrawniest student there.

There was Camila Palmiera, the bright-eyed pilot, Vanessa Bernadi, the over-dressed Dragon tamer, Decian Russel, whose size was intimidating though Rosalina knew she had no right to be superficial, Olivia Morgan, who seemed utterly convinced about being a ghost (she sincerely scared Rosalina), Gabriel Allen, who seemed almost too similar to herself and a plain-seeming doctor named Thomas Collins. Cooper Ferris seemed far too flamboyant for Rosalina's taste, based on his magnificent first impression, but Kasey Hotternell seemed friendly enough, though his talent seemed to second as a obsession.

It was impressive, the utter variety of these people standing about in one modest atrium. It was like a pallet of hundreds upon hundreds of colors, impossible to blend together. Yet Rosalina still felt she stood apart from the acclaimed businesswoman, the high school pilot, the chef and the mob leader. They had all accomplished far more than simply getting above average grades in school. Honestly, any talented-enough scholar could earn enough honor rolls to qualify them as "genius". What made her "Ultimate Scholar"? Perhaps the fact that she was moderately psychic, though her visions were limited and useless, her memory was still less than a Kadabra's? She could be replaced any moment but no one could most likely match Katherine Schulz's artistic prowess or outdo Brooke Baker's swimming proficiency. Even Bumo and King probably had an impressive aspect to them. Rosalina was just... smart.

And as she stood there, silently discrediting herself, she stayed unaware of it being her turn to contribute. The room around her grew deathly silent and someone must have cleared their throat for Rosalina's head shot up from her feet and she realized they were waiting for her to finally speak up. Immediately she began, politely and steadily, though her face scorched with embarrassment.

"O-oh. Is it my turn? Um, er, well... My name is Rosalina Gonzalez, Ultimate Scholar. I'm from Geosenge Town, Kalos, and am a sophomore in high school. My parents are archaeologists and do a lot of traveling to and from Unova. I have a little Espurr...I don't know where he is...and my family's pet Sigilyph, Cenobia. Um... My family's pretty big—Oh, and I'm a diagnosed telekinetic. I can't teleport or levitate anything but I have some minor retrocognition and an advanced memory."

Should I have said more? Maybe, less?

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Day 1 - Edward Longhaven

Edward just silently listened as the other students took turns with introducing themselves as they gave out their full names and whatever titles they had cooked up for themselves. Edward never enjoyed the sound of titles. It gave off the illusion of being better than anyone else. He saw that his peers at his last school hadn't ever reacted positively whenever someone new would waltz in and declare themselves as being a special snowflake.

And now he was to speak. "My name is... Ed. Just Ed." He started off, "I'm not a fan of titles, so I won't claim to have one. I'm not going to go further into my history mainly because of one large factor." He made it a point to look over at the camera that was set in the corner of the room, "Whoever put us in here has all of these cameras, correct? It means that he probably has a way to also hear whatever we're saying. I'm going to take a conservative approach and say that he doesn't know that much about us. Anything we say from here on out will no doubt be heard by him."

He thought for a bit, "The only other thing I have left to add is that we should probably stick together and find a way out of here soon. Someone put us in here, so that means that there has to be a way out. We're eighteen students, the brightest of the bunch. We're no doubt capable enough to find that exit and escape. So, anyone have any ideas on how to do that?"

Last edited:

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Rosalina ~

Spoiler:

Rosalina was a follower, an ally to anyone willing to speak out louder than she ever could. It was only in desperate situations she became a blind follower, and this case certainly categorized as one. Addled, she'd clutched onto Jade Bailey's business-like charisma. This, she now realized, was a grave mistake. Rosalina Gonzalez had been too enthralled by Jade's smooth initiation of student introductions. For, what good would they do? It seemed important at the time but now, as the enigmatic Ed spoke out to the crowd of students, she felt her actual thoughts begin to surface. This ordinary, unassuming young man with his plain clothes and even plainer face now outdid an Ultimate Businesswoman in Rosalina's perspective. He had the gall to speak earnestly of what Rosalina had decided to ignore in order to prevent any agitation. Questioning Jade Bailey, who had such a presence, and seeming Jenna-esque or perhaps like a snoot who though they were better than the rest of them... Rosalina feared the results. But now that someone could point it out, she could too.

The cameras... she had been too distracted to notice thoroughly. But, as Rosalina sifted through her memories, she did slightly recall the occasional blinking light. A red dot, signalling a recording was taking place. How idiotic of her to pass it by! And now Ed was showing her up, but Rosalina did not mind. He seemed very competent, keeping so many details in mind and discussing rather than dictating. He was knowledgeable, certainly no braggart. That was precisely what Rosalina had always aimed to be.

He really is a leader... But seriously, why didn't I remember those cameras!? Argh!

Not that she couldn't redeem herself. Ed had asked a question and she was the first to answer it. Rosalina smiled in Ed's direction but otherwise spoke with a straight face, her voice a tad more confident than beforehand:

"If we plan on escaping together, we should probably gather the resources that we have already. Like, a map someone might have on them. Or anything else, really. We should really get to know the school building before we attempt finding the exit. And of course the cameras are always something to keep note of. What else could the person recording us want to learn other than basic details about ourselves? And surely, they must know we're not all being honest, right? Like, who can prove the majority of what we just said?"

If a person really is behind those cameras recording us, we should sort of address them. But I can't tell the others! They'd better catch on...!

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years

• Audrey Durant // ???

"Must've been one hell of a night..." Audrey whispered to herself as she chuckled. It was only moments ago that she had woken up, slouched against the side of a bathroom stall with her head resting on the porcelein toilet seat which stood before her. She gingerly picked herself up as for some reason she felt sore all over. "Now what in the world am I doing here...?" The last thing that she had remembered was admiring the beauty of the academy's builidng with her pokemon. Her pokemon. Pokemon. The thought hit her like a slowly moving brick and she scrambled to grab the poke-balls she always kept strapped to her belt. She found nothing.

"F-cking great..." The bag filled with supplies and the suitcase full of her clothing and belongings were also not present. Which meant all that she had were her wits, the clothes on her back, and the two fists that she was presently smashing into the side of the bathroom stall.

After letting out a bit of her anger she busted through the door of the stall. Her eyes darted around the bathroom searching for answers, but found that it was just a normal bathroom, other than the surprsingly pleasent odor there was nothing special to it. On the back of the door Audrey spotted a map, rushing over to it she found that it seemed to be the layout of a school. She scanned the map over looking for anything that might be of help, but only found that like the bathroom it was just another map, nothing special to it. Deciding that the best course of action would be to make her way to the biggest room in the building, the atrium, she gave the wall one last punch before pulling open the bathroom door.

Glancing up and down the hall the first thing that she noticed was that it was the strangely dark lighting down the halls. Steel panels blocked off where the windows should have been, not allowing for anyone to know if it was day or night on the outside of the building. A chill made its way down Audrey's spine either out of the creepiness of the situation or the fact that it was freaking freezing in the building. The strangest thing about the hall was that it smelled slightly worse than the pleasent aroma in the bathroom. The irony of that might've made her giggle if she wasn't so pissed about the situation.

Finding the Atrium actually took quick enough. It took just about a minute before she found herself standing before the open space. In it she noticed a group of kids, probably around her age, standing together. After a quick count in her head she found that there were exactly seventeen of them, eighteen if she included herself. Quickly putting two and two together she assumed that they made up the eighteen students invited to Hope's Peak Academy this year. She also noticed that in each corner of the room were cameras,but what actually made her nervous were the two gatling guns hanging on each side of the door.

She took her place among the rest of her peers and listened in on the conversation that she assumed to have been started just as she had gotten there. The short, chubby kid had a little outburst that had something to do with food. The tackily dressed kid saying that he was "hungry for justice" made Audrey cringe so hard that she felt sorry for him. The slightly nerdy looking girl stuttered out what seemed to almost be a sentence. Then there was the b*tch.

Honestly Audrey was pretty glad someone actually stepped forward to try and take charge in the situation, but ho-lee-mother-f-ing-sheet something about that girl made her skin bristle. Everything from the way that she spoke to the expressions on her face made Audrey want to run up to her and shove her first down the girl's throat. However, in the mean time "Jade Bailey's" idea of introducing themselves seemed like a good way to get to know each other and cool each other's nerves.

Audrey payed close attention as her peers each took turns introducing themselves. Most of them were pretty normal, there was a kid who said he was a doctor, one girl was a runner, and there was even another one who called herself a "trivia whiz". But then there was a girl who claimed she was a ghost, a boy who called himself a "mobster" that had a serious Napoleon complex, and a guy that was a freaking ninja. What a strange mix of people.

The short, chubby kid spoke up again before being cut off by someone. "Jenna Bumo, Ultimate Trainer and Fighting type extraordinaire. Just stay out of my way… Don't need anyone telling me what to do" The voice came from the girl standing away from the rest of the group, leaning against the wall. "Wow, you're so cool and edgy..." Audrey muttered under her breath as she clenched her fists so hard that she could almost feel them break. She swore that if she got any angrier than she had gotten so far that day she could have a heart attack.

The introductions went on, the nerdy-looking girl was a self proclaimed telekentic and then there was Ed...

"Whoever put us in here has all of these cameras, correct? It means that he probably has a way to also hear whatever we're saying. I'm going to take a conservative approach and say that he doesn't know that much about us. Anything we say from here on out will no doubt be heard by him."

He thought for a bit, "The only other thing I have left to add is that we should probably stick together and find a way out of here soon. Someone put us in here, so that means that there has to be a way out. We're eighteen students, the brightest of the bunch. We're no doubt capable enough to find that exit and escape. So, anyone have any ideas on how to do that?"

Audrey put some deep thought into what he had said while the psychic girl said something to the rest of the group. Once she finished, Audrey took a deep breath before responding to what Ed had said. I'm a poet and I didn't know it

"If you really think about it wouldn't it be the other way around from what you said? The part where they don't know that much about us that is. Cause when I woke up all my sh*t was gonzo. My pokemon, my clothing, my pokedex, my trainer card, and my phone, all gone. There's enough information in all that to figure out quite a bit about myself, but if that's not suffiecent enough for you look around. I'm gonna assume that this place is Hope's Academy cause all of us are students invited to come here. If they had enough information to find out who we were, where to contact us, and so forth then wouldn't they already have all the information that we're sharing with one another? Not trying to poop on your parade, but just pointing out some of my observations."

Taking a pause she gave a curt smile.

"My name is Audrey Durant, like Ol' Eddy right here there's not too much special about me, I just help out at the trainer's school up in Snowpoint City."

She took another quick pause before looking over to Ed.

"I do agree with you on trying to pull a Shawshank out of here. I'm sure there's an ultimate-something that can get us out of here in no time cause I'm starving and a hoagie does sound pretty nice right now."

"And I really would like my pokemon back."

She added before flicking off one of the cameras placed on the ceiling.

Years
  • Thomas Collins
    Day 1
    Atrium - F1

Thomas's head was swimming, not only because he had been knocked out or something, but more because of all the names and faces he had learned and was expected to remember. He had never been good with names, and so many at once was probably a recipe for disaster. Now that everyone had introduced themselves, he wondered what they were going to do next. The next logical step would probably be to explore the building they were in and try to figure out as much as they could, including where their things or Pokemon were.

He was just about to suggest this when an unexpected voice echoed through the atrium, silencing everyone who had just been debating their next move. The voice came through the PA system throughout the school, and as it spoke he could hear it's voice further down the halls as well, echoing eerily. It was remarkably cheery, and Thomas couldn't quite pinpoint even the gender of the speaker.

"....this working now? Test test, one two? Aha! It works! Um….Ahem! Attention students! The welcoming ceremony will be beginning shortly in the gymnasium. We would appreciate your attendance so that we may begin as soon as possible! The gymnasium is to the right from the atrium, and maps are posted on the wall if you get lost. See ya soon!"

With that the voice was gone. It's easy going sound seemed completely out of place, and despite how happy it had sounded, Thomas felt a chill go down his spine. All of a sudden, all the lights shut out, then one by one they flickered back on, leading to the right out of the atrium.

"Well…" he commented shakily, "it's not exactly rolling out a red carpet, but I suppose that works." Looking around, he saw all the students glancing at each other nervously. Most were speaking silently to each other, sharing thoughts, some of hope, others more skeptical about their situation. Then one student cautiously started walking towards the gym, and one by one the rest of the students followed. Thomas shrugged. It was probably fine, maybe this was all something that the Hope's Peak faculty had thrown together as a prank, or maybe to test them. The situation was strange, but they were strange students after all…

Gymnasium - F1

The wooden planked floor squeaked under Thomas' feet as his sneakers nervously walked into the gym towards the center. The gym floor was empty, bleachers lining two sides and a running track on a second story above them with stairs leading up to it tucked away in one corner. But the most noticeable feature of the otherwise empty gym was the stage which dominated the far wall across from the entrance, with it's massive red curtains pulled back to each side and a large podium with an emblem blazoned on the front of it.

As soon as all of them had entered the empty and almost cold feeling room, a voice rang out from behind the podium, one that matched the voice that had addressed them from over the intercom.

"Well, I believe that's everyone! Let's begin then, I hereby welcome this year's class to Hope's Peak Academy!" With the cheery exclamation, a small pink and deep purple blob jumped up from behind the podium and floated just above it, doing a small somersault in midair. It was the most bizarre thing he had ever seen. It wasn't quite a pokemon, that he could tell. It appeared to resemble a legendary pokemon he had read about it books, at least from what little information they had about it, called Mew. But instead of being an off white or pink like the books had claimed, this was pink only on one side, the other half being a dark purple and resembled a Bannette. It had a red jagged eye on the Bannette side which glared at them, giving both a happy and peaceable look on the Mew side, and an evil sadistic look on the Bannette side.

The entire class stood there in shock, till one student spoke up, "You've got to be kidding me, what kind of joke is this? Who put this toy here?" Similar reactions echoed throughout the students.

"Toy?" the...the….whatever it was responded with indignation. "I am no toy, I am in fact your...I mean this school's headmaster! Pleased to meet you!"

Thomas, trying to cover up his shock, said shakily, "Um, h-headmaster I guess? What the hell is going on here?"

The thing chuckled to itself, "Ooh, you called me headmaster! That has a nice ring to it! Unfortunately too official for someone such as me. You can call me MonoMew, that sounds much better!" MonoMew did a few somersaults in the air again as if happy even at the sound of it's own name.

One of the girls, Vanessa, the dragon trainer. if he remembered correctly, made a sound of indignation and said with disgust, "Why even bother talking to the thing. It's probably just some remote control thing that someone is using to mess with us."

Another student, Thomas couldn't remember his name, but the guy dressed as a ninja added, "True. It looks impressive for sure, but it can't be anymore than a toy."

"For the last time!" MonoMew retorted, "I am no toy! And I for your information am not a simple remote control thing, my insides contain technology so advanced it's priceless, Silph Co would just love to take a look at my insides I'm sure!" Suddenly MonoMew seemed to remember something. "Ah, but we are straying from the topic at hand! As students of this school, I am giving you only one assignment, to live communally here in the school!"

A look of confusion came across the students faces. "And for the duration of this communal lifestyle….forever!" The mechanical mew/bannette thing gave a creepy horrifying laugh at that and did a few more flips in midair before going on. "Oh I just love the look of shock on your cute little faces! You little bastards get it? You're trapped here forever!"

All the students broke out at once. "What do you mean forever?""You got to be ****ing kidding me, right?"" This has got to be some sick joke…""Forever? No...I can't…."

MonoMew got a strange look on his face. "What this? You guys don't want to live here? All of you came here by your own volition, right? Nobody forced you to attend Hope's Peak, and now you want to leave right in the middle of the entrance ceremony? Talk about a bunch of ungrateful shits…" Then he got an evil gleam in his red eye. "Oh course, I can respect your wishes. I did include one rule, I call it the Graduation Rule!"

Thomas' breath got caught in his throat. Despite the fact that he did want to leave, he already had a bad feeling about this.

"The Graduation Rule", MonoMew continued, "is that you are to live here communally and in order. But if one breaks that order, then that person may leave!"

Jade, the bossy trainer who had spoken up in the atrium growled, "And how exactly does one 'break that order'?" No doubt it was the question that every student there wanted to ask.

Monomew smiled. "Oh it's quite simple really. All you have to do is kill someone. I don't care how really. Beating, stabbing, burning, strangling, crushing, eating, voodoo cursing... the possibilities are endless!" He got a thoughtful expression on his face all of a sudden. "Okay, maybe not the eating part, but everything else goes!"

His removal of cannibalism did little to help the sick taste in Thomas' mouth. Kill another person? He had worked alongside his father as a doctor for years now helping him with surgery, and he had watched dozens die before him in the past. But to actually take somebody's life? It seemed absurd. But to escape? Was it really so bad here that he could actually kill somebody to escape…?

"Hahahaha!!! It's pretty ironic, don't you think?" he giggled. "This is Hope's Peak, and those who attend this school are often called the hope of the world! But your faces right now, so filled with despair! It's wonderful!"

Meghan, the rock type trainer burst out, "You can't honestly think that we would kill each other. That's just absurd!" My mind agreed with her, and I saw other students nodding at her words.

"I'm not saying you have to of course", MonoMew chuckled, "Only if you want to leave do you have to kill someone! So just live here until you die, and you're fine!" The toy or whatever jumped up suddenly. "Oh, I almost forgot with all the excitement, I have this for all of you!" Suddenly he zipped through the room dropping something. Something thunked against Thomas' chest and he instinctively caught it. In his hands was some sort of phone. Pushing the lock button hesitantly it lit up displaying the school crest, then displayed his face and name with a few options along the bottom and what appeared to be a touch screen. Looking up he saw other students with the same sort of device.

"I call those Kelber Assessment Research Device, named after a previous student who invented them, or called KARDs for short! Pretty clever don't you think? It does a lot of useful things! Like it works as a PDA, or a way to contact others within the school, it even measure vitals like heart beat, mental state, and blood sugar levels just by being near you! Of course, those aren't really useful to you a whole lot, but they can more importantly be used to access rooms around the school. Certain rooms will require your Kard for entrance, namely your rooms, bathrooms, and the cafeteria kitchen, although there are a few others too! Make sure not to lose them, they are pretty important!"

The rock trainer burst out in anger again, "You've got to be kidding me if you think we are going to buy into this little game of yours!" As if to make her point she grabbed Veleri's Kard and threw both of theirs at Monomew, one after another. He dodged the first one which sailed harmlessly past him hitting the curtain behind him, but the second caught him full in the face knocking him back slightly. She followed up immediately by racing up to him and grabbing him by the tail and smashing him into the podium and floor. All of a sudden the tail popped off and Monomew flew across the room smashing into some bleachers with a crash. Meghan was left holding a multicolored tail that beeped softly.

"No! Stop!" a deep voice resounded through the gym and the giant Declan raced forward. The guy had seemed pretty slow and stupid to Thomas before, but now he seemed as fast as a Pikachu, moving with incredible speed. Knocking Meghan to the side, he grabbed the tail and threw it as hard as he could into the air. It exploded just after leaving his hand, and he stared as his hand dumbly which was now somewhat badly burned. "...ouch. Tail hurt me…?" He looked over at Meghan who was lying stunned on the floor. "You okay girly?" Meghan only nodded a look of amazement on her face.

Her face quickly transition from amazement to anger as she looked at MonoMew who was now doing is best to attach a new tail to his body with his stubby little arms. "What the ****!" Was all that she could manage between deep breaths.

"Hey, don't blame me!" The mew chuckled a bit. "Violence against the headmaster is strictly prohibited! I let you off easy this time because you haven't read the rules yet, but that won't be tolerated again!" With a twist and a click his new tail connected to his body, and he waved it around a few times experimentally. "Welp, I think that's all I had to say in this announcement for now! Make sure to properly read the rules in your Kards under the rules section. I'll leave the rest to you!"

With that he slipped off, appearing to fly towards the ceiling behind the curtains of the stage, then simply disappearing.

Thomas looked around at all of his fellow students and the strange situation they had all been put in. "This...this can't be happening, right? I mean, killing each other? Really?" His voice shook a bit and he swallowed trying to calm himself down.

Each of them looked around at each other in fear, then slowly in suspicion. What if one of them actually wanted to kill another person to escape? Could there be such a person in this group? He didn't like doubting people, but he had only just met these people….

"Enough." Jade snapped. "If we just stand here looking suspiciously at each other, we won't get anywhere and it won't help if we can't trust each other. Not that you should, if what that thing said is true, and there is no way to escape from here. From now though, we should make sure there is no escape. I suggest we move in groups of at least three, for safety. More preferably, if possible. Let's explore what we can of this place, and meet back up at the cafeteria later to talk about what we have discovered. Sound good?"

Nobody disagreed with her, and Thomas thought it was a pretty good idea to move around in groups. Before anything though, he decided to check the rules in his Kard. He turned it on again, then pushed the part of the screen that was labeled rules.

1. The students will live a communal lifestyle with no time limit inside the school walls.
    2. The time between 10pm and 7am is called "Night Time". During Night Time there are places that are forbidden to enter, so please take care.
    3. Sleeping is only permitted in the personal rooms prepared for you in the dormitory area. Anyone intentionally falling asleep elsewhere will be punished.
    4. You may investigate the school as you please. There are no special restrictions on your actions.
    5. No violence is permitted against the school's headmaster, MonoMew. Destruction of the surveillance cameras is forbidden.
    6. A "culprit" who kills a fellow student will graduate the school. However, they must not let any other student know they are the culprit.
    7. Additional rules may be added by the school at any time.​

Last edited:
    Years

• Kasey Hotternell
    First Rule of Hope's Peak...

Everyone else talking about food isn't helping Kasey's stress levels. He unwraps the partially melted chocolate bar, OM NOM NOM-ing it rather than participate in further conversation. Eating has always helped calm him down, so he feels a little better when the intercom kicks on. It sounds pleasant enough, and even gives them a path to follow.

"Well…" one boy manages, "It's not exactly rolling out a red carpet, but I suppose that works."

Kasey shrugs, taking a few steps forward. No one else does, so he turns to the others. "I don't know about you dudes, but I say we follow instructions. Better than just standing around, am I right?" He heads for the gym, the footsteps behind him convincing him he's made the right choice.

**The Gym!**

"Okay, this is just weird..." MonoMew is seriously freaking Kasey out, with his talk of staying forever, killing people, and eating people. Although... some of his classmates do look kinda tasty... He shakes his head to clear away those thoughts, just in time to catch his KARD. He barely has time to wonder what it is before MonoMew explains it.

"...Certain rooms will require your Kard for entrance, namely your rooms, bathrooms, and the cafeteria kitchen, although there are a few others too! Make sure not to lose them, they are pretty important!"

At the words "cafeteria kitchen", Kasey immediately knows his next move. Luckily, one of the girls provides a convenient distraction, throwing KARD's and charging the stage. While everyone is watching her beat on MonoMew, Kasey goes for the door, making a beeline for the cafeteria. He hopes everything turns out okay for the girl, whatever her name was.

"Beating up the school mascot sounds fun and all, but I gotta check out this kitchen! Oh, please, let it have snacks!"

FireSnow

Years
  • Jenna Bumo
    Gym - F1​

What the ****?! Jenna thought to herself as she listened to that weird toy MonoMew, headmaster, satanic demon thing speak. We have to live here forever or kill each other to be free... This was too much information for Jenna to handle. Normally calm and in control, Jenna was losing it. Sweat formed on the brow of her head as she went and sat down on the bleachers and took some deep breaths. What happened next was a blur as some girl threw those KARD things at the headmaster, his tail grew back and the chubby kid, Kasey, snuck off somewhere, probably for food.

Now Jenna sat there on the bleachers trying to collect herself. No way would she kill someone, not that she couldn't, but these were just kids like herself. They didn't deserve that kind of fate, being murdered in cold blood for some Satan's spawn's amusement. She wouldn't let that happen. No way. Well except for maybe that Jade girl, Jenna thought to herself as she shifted her eyes over towards Jade. That girl can go die in a ditch for all I care.

With the headmaster now gone, probably watching us on the cameras by now, Jenna had gotten herself back to her normal feisty, in charge ways and stood up. "Alright listen up!" She yelled out, grabbing the student's attention. "I know this is a lot to take in but we have to stick together and not give in to that pink demon toy's game. If you're smart you'll come with me and we'll find a way out of here, starting with getting our Pokemon back!" With that, Jenna began walking towards the door, unsure of where to begin but sure of her resolve to get out of there alive, the fire inside her burning ever hotter. Nobody takes her Pokemon and gets away with it. A few of the other students followed including Vanessa Bernardi, Brooke Baker, and Valeri Bryant.

They made their way to the Atrium once again and looked at the map. "Well I'm not sure where to begin looking first...Let's start with where we all woke up. I was in the weight room." Jenna looked towards the others, all clearly nervous and scared except for the Dragon Tamer, Vanessa. She had some kind of steely look to her that made even Jenna a bit uncomfortable. Brooke woke up in the laundry room, Valeri in the cafeteria and Vanessa in the girl's changing room.

"Alright, we'll start with the cafeteria then. Let's go" Jenna said bluntly, as the anger in her built up. The group set out on their mission of finding clues to their Pokémon's location.

Last edited:

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Rosalina ~

Spoiler:

There came a voice overhead, its tone elated yet heavy with ominous undertones. Ambiguous and excited, Rosalina couldn't quite pinpoint specifically why this voice got under her skin, but it did. It sounded... inhuman.

And you sound rude, Rosalina. That was what her mother would have said if she'd admitted her thoughts aloud. It was why she respected Mamá; she had the confidence and self-actualization to tell someone off like that. The only reason her mind immediately went to her parents was because they'd always commended her for her powerful "gut feeling", her ability to anticipate a sticky situation and reacting accordingly. (This was before they praised her continually about near everything.) Rosalina admitted she liked that aspect of herself too. The moment at hand sincerely did feel like a sticky situation. Like a storm on the horizon, she could feel suspense creeping up her spine, around her waist and up into her chest, causing her heart rate to accelerate. The voice carried directions and Rosalina was already interpreting them:

Gymnasium? The gymnasium of Hope's Peak, or did the voice mean something else? Who knows what psychopaths manhandled us into this building. Who knows if it's even Hope's Peak!? No one's really bothered to check yet, have they? We could be anywhere-- Oh, no! Where is everyone going!?

She whirled around, seeing the atrium that had been half full was now half empty. Everyone was streaming out the door. Kasey Hotternell, Thomas Collins, Keira Phillips, Mason King... even Jade Bailey and Gabriel Allen...!

She called out to the boy, his hair a curious mauve color and his eyes darting like a jetting fish in a stream. "Is everyone going to the cafeteria like the announcement said!?"

His answer: "Yes, obviously." Emphasis on "obviously". He visually scoffed too. Rosalina simply let him go along. She didn't like his attitude.

Though her disconcerted-seeming question worded more like a demand was undeniable. Still, Rosalina could not help but feel aggravated by the students' rashness. They were rushing off to the gymnasium as if a group of grinning staff members would be waiting there with tables full of free food. Rosalina, who had been driven into a rather pessimistic mood, could only imagine the happiest sight there would be a firing squad. But loitering around with hands in her jeans pockets, watching the students march obediently into the hallway, would certainly make her a target of ridicule. These "Ultimates", or at least most of them, were intense. That or just rude. Rosalina honestly could only thing of one student she would not want walking into an unpleasant surprise in the gymnasium. She didn't want to separate from the group alone, anyway, but there was no guarantee anyone would follow her. She simply had to hope, so she beckoned Ed over almost pleadingly while joining the crowd.

The students all followed the direction; they turned left. Rosalina did not; she turned right. The sounds of their footsteps soon drained from the area until she could hear only her own feet squeaking across the floor. That and the near-silent buzz of hidden security cameras were the only noise, for everywhere else was silent. Those cameras were probably watching her every move. According to maps pinned on the walls, the foyer was right ahead. But then the cameras would watch her try to exit and the people behind them would be watching as well. There were stairs up ahead, that she also realized based on the map. But who would see her climbing the stairs? The cameras, of course. Everywhere were cameras. Above her, below her, on the ceiling and possibly in the walls. And they were on, and they were watching.

The thought crushed Rosalina's spirit. It was dawning on her, the fact that she and everyone else was truly trapped and there was no way out of "Hope's Peak". She remembered the sealed windows and the darkness, she remembered fear that had never left her since she had woken up, and it was consuming her. Like a ghostly python, it entangled her. Deep down, Rosalina wanted to test if the cameras would not catch her presence in the foyer, but her nervousness became nauseating and she felt lightheaded...

"Ohhhh, why!? Ohhhh sweet sacred heavens, why!?"

The cries shot her awake with the cold sensation of renewed fear.

"Ohhhh, beautiful beast of Eastern waters and faraway lands! Ohhhh, sweet merciful blue beast of still water and artic lights! Please, please! It isn't true! None of it is true! They are alive and they are breathing just as you are, violet-maned beast of cold, still water! They have to be!"

The words echoed through her head. So loud, they seemed real, as if they existed in the present. The wailing, the persistent wailing... It never ended!

"Merciful, merciful beast! Ohhhh, beautiful beast of faraway lands! Bring back my husband! My husband and my beautiful baby boy! Carry them back! Please, I'm begging! Bring them back to me! Or else... I-I'll never..."

The sounds of the ghostly woman, hands shaking and tears staining her translucent shawl, devolved into gasping, hiccuping, desperate crying. But Rosalina was already gone. She was scared back down the hall and into the gymnasium, more awake than ever and severely haunted, her vision disappearing behind her as if no one had even been there. And to anyone else, there hadn't been.

~​

Rosalina was late but she hardly regretted it. Her hair wilder than ever, her fingers laced together and shaking feverishly, she stepped into the expansive gymnasium of Hope's Peak. There was a fervent bout of giggling but it ended quickly. Rosalina was too slow to turn her head and see what creature had made the sound, but it was chilling, just like the announcer's sing-song voice from earlier. She assumed both cries belonged to the same... being.

The scene in front of her was anomalous. No student spoke. Emotions ranged from stunned speechless to red-in-the-face with ardent rage. Someone would occasionally glance shiftily at their peer as if they suspected something. Rosalina wondered what had happened. Did she want to know?

The Ultimate Giant, Declan, had burns on his hands. Meghan Murphey seemed about ready to explode.

She did not want to know what had happened.

Instead, Keira Phillips, the Ultimate Trivia Whiz, flounced over to her. She held two electronic tablets and extended one out for her fellow student. "Here. This is yours." She practically shoved it into Rosalina's hands once they were in front of her. With her rashness, Rosalina was surprised she didn't immediately strut away. Instead her wide amber eyes glowed awaitingly. She wanted recognition. After Rosalina uttered a "Thank you", she gave a curt nod and then strutted off.

The pad was certainly advanced—she could admit that—but the Ultimate Scholar was in no mood to marvel over some technological gizmo. "Tech stuff", as Papá eloquently put it, was not her forté. If there was anything she was savvy over, it was classic literature. Rosalina could certainly use another hundredth read of Slurpuff Holmes, preferably the entire series, to calm her nerves. But all her possessions had been withdrawn from her, their location a mystery in itself.

That caused her nerves to flare up again. She began feeling nauseous again, more sick than anything now. Her stomach churned continually. She could taste a bitter flavor in the very back of her throat. A quiet voice asked if she was alright. A louder voice bellowed demands off in the background. It was Jade Bailey again, organizing the students, but Rosalina couldn't bring herself to listen. She stood off with a hand on her forehead, glassy eyes and a dazed expression that made her appear so fragile, it was as if she could crumble at any moment.

Last edited:
    Years

• Cooper Ferris

Cooper had gotten a few side-eyes and a snap back from the chubby kid, but no one really paid attention. O-Oh. His ego deflated a little, but he tried to keep his expression even. After all, cool guys didn't let anything phase them! Hell, he'd seem cooler for brushing off being brushed off.

Absorbed in his thoughts, he didn't really notice everyone introducing themselves until it was pretty much over. But heck, he didn't need to pay attention - with the prestige Hope's Peak brings its students, whenever the class for the next year is announced it tends to be plastered all over the internet. A few of the faces had blended together, but the students with more unusual appearances had stood out and he could recognise them. The chubby kid he'd sort of talked to - that was Kasey, a food connoisseur and a fire-type trainer. There was an older girl, the fighting-type trainer Jenna, who was accepted into high school despite her age due to her travels and successes over several regions. There was an effeminate but fiery fairy-type trainer, a dragon trainer who would give Cooper's outlandish fashion taste a run for its money...

There was a quiet, somewhat nondescript yet focused-seeming boy who broke through everyone's introductions. Right, the cameras. Still distracted, Cooper glanced over at the devices hanging menacingly from the ceiling. The cameras seemed pretty standard, really, and if everyone was still freaking out he could probably disable them really easily... but the guns were a bit more of a concern. He'd taken apart guns and everything before, but not computer-controlled ones mounted to a ceiling. He'd need to be more careful with that if he wanted to pull them down, but... he was still pretty convinced this was a test. If he took them down, would he lose points? Would he gain them?

Speaking of which, another of the less-outlandish students turned her middle finger up at one of the cameras, growling that she wanted her Pokemon back. Ah, jeez, right, he'd forgotten about that too. Well, whatever, that can wait. Now he'd be able to make his real introduction. Ultimate tinkerer, ultimate steel-type, Coop-

Before he could open his mouth, the PA system crackled to life. The voice was... cheerful. Youthful, yet old-sounding. And whoever it was behind the mic was directing the students to move to the gymnasium. The wind out of his sails, Cooper grumbled and shoved his hands deep in his pockets. Well, whatever, people would learn who he was soon enough. It was time for the test to begin, it seemed, and that probably took priority. Hell, if he aced this test thing then people definitely would know who he was...

The crowd awkwardly began to shuffle out to the gym, following the flickering lights. The gym itself was large and spacious, almost feeling open-air despite the ceiling which hung several stoeys above them. Cooper wasn't the most athletic kid, but he almost felt energised as he took in his surroundings. Ah, the power of Hope's Peak... But there was a subtle, uneasy undertone, like the air before a storm.

And like the first crack of lightning, something zipped out from behind the podium. Cooper had to rub his eyes to make sure he was seeing things right. It looked like some kind of Pokemon, something simple and blobby haphazardly slapped together with something darker and menacing. It had a grin like a Pokemon Cooper couldn't remember the name of off the top of his head, and a glowing, jagged eye. It felt profoundly wrong, yet somehow... comical? Cooper couldn't really vocalise his thoughts right. Until it clicked, and he called out:

"You've got to be kidding me, what kind of joke is this? Who put this toy here?"

The way its eye was glowing - it was high end, but those were LEDs. It was probably floating with Devon technology - it wasn't officially announced yet, but they were working on magnet-based antigravity to use in cars and other transportation vehicles. It'd be trivial for Hope's Peak to get ahold of the prototype technology. It was high end, yep, but this thing was a toy.

The toy sassed back at him, claiming to be the headmaster. Okay, this was dumb. And it had to be part of a test. But something was bubbling deep within Cooper's stomach, a kind of excitement cocktail. Yeah, here he was, standing with other cool trainers with a toy with technology he himself wouldn't be able to get his hands on for a few more years... And yeah, this was definitely a test of some sort, which he'd totally ace and then -

"-I am giving you only one assignment, to live communally at this school!" H-Huh? What? That's not a test. That's lame. They were already going to be doing that, anyway. "And the duration of this communal lifestyle... forever!"

"What?" Cooper couldn't contain his confusion, and neither could many of the students. Come on, that's stupid. Not possible. Maybe it was hyperbolic? After all, four years could feel like forever...

But that's when the toy, MonoMew, added a caveat. The Graduation Rule. It seemed that to leave the academy, they'd have to kill someone.

What.

The excitement in his stomach turned cold... or at least, that's what he wanted to think he felt. In reality, it just flared up again. Sure, Cooper wasn't thrilled at the idea of having to kill anyone... but the whole concept? There was something undeniably cool about it. This wasn't a game or a movie, but real life. He'd be able to live through something super-interesting like this. Cooper Ferris. The real, physical person. The real, physical person, trying to fight off murderers... or even doing murdering...? No, he still felt a twinge of anxiety at the thought of actually killing someone, but everything else...

MonoMew then dropped a kind of phone-PDA thing towards all of the students. Cooper turned it on. It seemed more powerful than it needed to be, in all honesty. At least his photo on his profile was the least terrible profile photo he'd had yet. So it was a swipecard, a monitoring device, and a PDA all in one, huh...?

Cooper sent a glance over all the students, most of whom were all checking their own KARDs. Would anyone be tense enough, frightened enough, to actually kill? Would they need to get out of here so badly? Admittedly, he wouldn't want to stay in this place forever, but it wasn't the rawest of raw deals. But he didn't know the others outside of their online bios. Maybe someone would snap.

And maybe he was looking forward to it.

Speaking of which, a girl hurled two KARDs towards MonoMew and raced up to it, grabbing its tail and smashing the robot to the ground. Cooper winced internally. Even if it were some kind of malicious monster's remote control toy, it obviously had expensive parts, and the possibility they were damaged... well, it wasn't sitting right with him.

But almost too late, he noticed the tail had snapped off. Heck, he didn't notice until a giant of a student - Declan, he recalled - had thrown it into the air. And it had exploded. Neato! Cooper idly wondered if it was a remote detonation, or time-based, or what.

MonoMew had seemingly recovered from its little ordeal, and mentioned that it might be a good idea to read the rules before leaving. Well, Cooper had never expected this much... intensity in the span of ten minutes. Everyone seemed on edge, which was fair enough. But then a few of the female students broke through the tension. One recommended sticking to groups of at least three. Sounded fair enough. The oldest girl decided to wrangle a group of girls to go looking for their Pokemon and a way out, leaving in a fiery rush.

Well, Cooper felt a little on-the-spot now. While he wasn't shy, he wasn't the best at being put right on the spot. He awkwardly cleared his throat and stood up taller. "I know that robot seems super-high tech, and it is - but nothing has that kind of AI yet. Its voice sounded too... human. I can almost guarantee that it's remote controlled and that someone's using it as a mouthpiece. I am going to seek out the mastermind behind MonoMew and this disgusting game... if anyone wishes to join me, come!" He didn't leave the room immediately, though. Cooper was a confident person, but not confident enough to ensure people were going to blindly follow him.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Constructing Plans​

To say that this latest event was a disaster was actually putting things… mildly. To say that a miniature earthquake had rippled throughout the entire group and thrown their progress off track was more accurate. He wasn't surprised either. Being the kind of observer he was, he had seen plenty of smaller issue work powerfully upon the weak minded. Take the example of two friends who were sitting together for lunch. A instigator approaches friend number one, offers a candy if he destroys the other boy's lunch, and the kid does it. The friendship is broken with friend number one never understanding why his friend never wanted to talk to him again.

And now it was happening here. Offer escape for killing anyone else and you now had set in deep rooted hatred that would blossom as every man thought for themselves. "... Everyone does realize this is going to become lord of the flies if we don't band together, right?" He asked out loud. He just let out a sigh as the various groups began to depart, "Of course. Step one is break up, isolation, and then cue reintroduction and the bloody massacre. Just… great."

"Just like those horror movies, am I right?" Meghan growled seeing many of the others leave and explore in their own separate groups. "Like Scooby Doo up in here. I'm with you guy. Eh...what was your name again?" She got a sheepish grin on her face. "It's been such a busy day, I don't think I can wrap my head around all of this."

"It was Ed, I do believe", a nonchalant voice rang out behind the ticked off girl. "And I guess I'm with you guys." He stared over at where Jade was trying to organize a few students herself. "I don't like that girl…" he muttered, "but don't get the wrong idea thinking I support you. I just find you slightly more tolerable than her. And my name is Gabriel, by the way, if you don't remember."

Ed thought for a moment, "... The weak willed are led by gifts." He muttered out, "Eventually someone is going to crack. That's not an opinion, it's a fact." He turned to the two, "We stay in groups now. There's no telling when someone is going to crack and start swinging a knife while crying that they want to go home now. This place WILL crack those who are weak. We stay together and watch each other's back. That's a start… but we need to find a means to disrupt this game as well."

Meghan just shook her head in confusion, not knowing what to do. Gabriel confidently said, "I agree. No doubt there will be someone who can't stand the pressure of living here, and someone will at least try something. We have to do something to prevent that. Any ideas?"

"Well… given lord of the flies will be happening soon, we should probably arm up before everyone else." He stated. "We have no idea who will do what. We need to find every advantage we can at the moment for self defense. If anything… we need to at least set up rules meanwhile. Things written down that will continue to live on while we're here… for however long that is."

"All right" Gabriel responded, "in terms of rules, we already have what's written down by that...whatever it was in our KARDs. Those will no doubt be enforced by him. Any other rules that we will create will need to be enforced by us as the students. How about this one, 'nobody is to leave their rooms after curfew, that is 10 PM to 7 AM'. The official rules just say that certain areas are off limits. But if we limit the times that people can go out during the day, that's almost ten hours that people can't be murdered."

"And for weapons, there aren't that many places here that look like they could provide any sort of weapon." Meghan checked her KARD using the MAP button to view the first floor of the school. "I suppose some areas that we could check are the weight room, the gym storeroom, and probably the kitchen. The gym storeroom and weight room, I don't know what we might find, but we could probably MacGyver something together. The kitchen will probably have knives of some sort that we could use…"

"We go in groups." Edward stated, "Two at least each. We'll assign rooms to check. For now, the three of us should stay together. If you need any other incentives to not screw your teammates it's simple. The longer this group stays together means the less likely we'll be killed throughout this entire ride. As Meghan said, we should check the kitchen first. We'll find whatever weapons we can there first. From there we can head to the storeroom and see if we can find additional supplies. Everyone good with that?" They both nodded.

"Stay close together and keep your eyes sharp." He made his way to the door, "No telling what the others are up to already."

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thomas Collins
    Day 1
    Dorm Room - F2

Thomas walked through the dorm area which looked almost like a hotel, the giant Declan lumbering behind him, occasionally bumping his head on the lights that protruded slightly from the ceiling. Whereas the rest of the walls of the school were typical school colors, mostly white with the occasional color switch, the walls here were a deep red. Normally that color he would find relaxing and warm, but after the headmaster's words about how they were supposed to murder each other, it seemed a bit distasteful and made him feel uncomfortable.

Looking back at Declan he studied the man's arm. The blast from the explosion earlier had definitely injured him, but he now was showing no pain, and didn't even seem to notice the injury. Surely his massive size had something to do with it, but he seemed a bit dull as well. Declan briefly entertained the thought that the giant was simply too dumb to feel pain, but he brushed that thought away. He checked his KARD again to remind himself of his room number, 210, then headed to the corner where the open stairs were leading up to the second floor, the giant still thumping along behind him, humming softly to himself.

Thomas' hopes of any sort of expansive second floor were dashed as the stairs led only up to a small common room with only a few couches as tables in the middle and about a dozen or so dorm rooms in a semicircle. He had been hopeful that there might be something more substantial here, especially since the main staircase near the foyer of the school was blocked off by a strong metal gate. Seeing this staircase had given him hope, but oh well. Perhaps that gate would be lifted at some point he hoped.

Going to the room with 210, he saw a small black panel on the right side of the door. Thinking for a moment, he remembered that MonoMew had told them that their KARDs would be able to open their dorm rooms. He held it up to the panel, and once it came within a few inches of the panel the door clicked and a green light blinked on in one corner of the panel. Trying the handle, the door swung softly open, and Thomas poked his head inside to see a perfectly normal bedroom. A small desk with a chair, a bed neatly made, a bedside table.

But the thing which caught his eye the most was the black duffel bag on the floor by the bed. He quickly crossed the room over to the bag, the gentle giant ducking his head to get through the doorframe. Unzipping it, he found the clothes that he had packed, about four changes of clothes in all. The more important find was the small medical bag he had brought along with him, a gift from his father. Pulling that out and setting it on the desk, he opened it to be slightly disheartened. Some things were missing, he could tell in an instant. Probably confiscated for some reason or the other, but many important things were there such as bandages, pain meds, even some burn cream. Still no pokeballs anywhere, but at this point he wasn't surprised at that. They were obviously confiscated for some reason.

"All right my giant friend" he said to Declan, "Why don't you sit down on the bed, let's see what we can do about that arm of yours."

Camila Palmeira
    Day 1
    Gym - F1

Deep breaths, just relax. That's what Camila kept telling herself. Nobody is actually going to kill another person, that would be just crazy, insane. At least, she hoped. Now that she thought about it, a couple people she could think of could probably kill a person. Jade was terrifying, and based on her attitude wouldn't lose any sleep over murder. And then there was Mason, who was an actual gangster or mobster or whatever. He's probably done that before already, and he didn't seem the kind who would care for others either… And then there was the giant. He could probably kill someone just by turning around and accidentally hitting someone.

Camila shook her head. She couldn't doubt anybody now. She should be careful, but she can't just be terrified by everybody all the time. Be careful and cautious, but don't live in fear all the time. Looking around she saw everybody leaving in their own separate groups and hurried to join one, stopping beside Cooper, the fancifully dressed steel type trainer.

Her breath and voice was still a bit shaky, but she confidently said, "All right, let's go and explore a bit, shall we?"

Another person practically materialized beside her causing her to jump in surprise. "Any need for a ninja in your little posse?" She growled at the dark type ninja beside her. No wonder he had been able to sneak up on them.

Recovering herself she said, "All right, anyway. Where to first, pulling up the map on her KARD and wondering where might be a good place to start.

Vanessa Bernardi
    Day 1
    Cafeteria - F1

Vanessa led the way into the cafeteria, a perfectly normal looking cafeteria. The entire school had been normal, from what she could tell. The lighting was a bit off, but seeing as how all the windows were covered, that was no surprise. Everything else though was normal, and it's normal appearance is what was throwing her off. Everything was so strange about the situation.

The cafeteria was clean and orderly, a couple long tables with benches in the center of the school, then about a couple dozen circular tables arranged around the edges and corners of the room. A few plants were arranged around the room in large pots as well. She saw Brooke over in one corner checking out a camera hanging from the ceiling. As Brooke moved the camera moved slightly to match her. Vanessa assumed that the camera was just automatically doing that, there were enough cameras in the school that nobody could manage every single one. You would need a whole team of people to do that. Then again, they knew nothing about their captor or captors. There could be a whole team of them, she couldn't be sure.

She looked over at Valeri and sighed. While Brooke at least appeared to be somewhat smart, Valeri came across as a complete airhead, and so far that was holding true. For some reason she was dashing from place to place, first checking the inside of a plant for some reason, then looking on the underside of a table for some reason. Honestly, this wasn't a scavenger hunt.

Shaking her head she decided to check out the kitchen. By the door labeled kitchen, there was a panel with a small screen on it. Curious about how to open the door she tried poking the screen, thinking maybe it was a touch screen, but that had no results. She tried the door handle, but it was locked tight. She was just wondering what to try next when she heard a sickly cheerful voice from behind her.

"Heya! How ya doin?" It was MonoMew of course, hovering just a few feet behind her. She wondered how nobody had noticed him come in, then noticed a panel in the ceiling slide shut. He must have come from up there. Could be useful if the students could use them to move around, but that might prove difficult. "If you're wondering on how to open the door, it's simple! All ya gotta do is take your KARD and hold it up to that panel there. It'll flash, and the door will unlock! Then to get out, ya do the same thing. The only difference is there is a small scanner which will take note of anything that you take out of the kitchen."

"And why would that matter?" Vanessa questioned. "Do you think we're going to run out of food or something?"

"Food? Of course not!" MonoMew laughed. "This school is completely self sufficient! We can get our own food here, so that's not a problem. The problem is if you start taking stuff like silverware or plates or stuff. It's fine to take it out, but if ya lose it, ya gotta buy me a new one! I'm not made of money after all! Plus if you don't return your dirty dishes they can get all grimy and covered in fungus and stuff, and that's just disgusting!"

MonoMew was just about to run off when Valeri came up from behind him. "Wait, wait a second!" She stopped and held up her KARD. "Can you fix this?" Vanessa remembered that Meghan had thrown Valeri's KARD at MonoMew, and that it had hit the floor afterward. Looking at it she could tell that the screen was completely shattered, and it looked like a couple shards of glass had already fallen out.

"Gah, really?" MonoMew sounded annoyed. "Fine! I can fix it for you, gimme a second. He snatched the device from her hands, then zipped up through his secret panel in the ceiling, only to return a moment later. "There, a brand spanking new one for you. But don't break it again, those are expensive you know!" With that MonoMew disappeared before anyone could ask any more questions.

"...All right then, I suppose we should check out the kitchen then…" Vanessa said hesitantly. She held her KARD up to the panel and her face flashed on the screen. The door clicked and she pushed the door open to find what looked like the kitchen in a restaurant, complete with industrial style ovens, dishwashers, freezers, the whole nine yards. And in the center was Kasey, looking quite excited at it all.

Last edited:
    Back