• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2011
    Went bronzor hunting for a Metal coat.

And I finally caught one that was holding a metal coat, and then, on my way to the exit/entrance of the cave I encountered another one and I thought what the heck, might as well go for it, and it was also holding a metal coat. =D

Two metal coats in a row combo =D

cutiecasie

The Kanto girl with attitude!
    Years
  • Diamond: Re-started because game wiped my saved file =( I had 23 Ev'ed Pokemon!!!!

I'm currently in Jubilife with my Chimchar, Starly and Shinx...

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • I got wiped by wailord in the battle tower.
    Recreation below
    kokochiyoi

AustInsane

Breeder
    Years
  • GenIV

I got Platinum. This is my first time through Gen IV. Lucian kicks my butt. Pyschic pokemon are teh bomb. I'm pretty sure Espeon has like six attacks.

Here's my team -
    - Leafeon
    - Glaceon
    - Garchomp
    - Obamasnow
    - Gastrodon(East Sea)
    - Rotom

There are definitely some holes there as far as type effectiveness, but we have fun against the lady with ground types. Flint's a piece of cake too.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    Finally defeated E4 and the Champion Cynthia and finally finished the story :)

*credits rolled*

Years
  • Restarted Pokemon Pearl yesterday.

Character's Name: Dawn

My Current Team:
    - Monferno
    - Grotle
    - Prinplup
    - Buneary
    - Luxio
    - Staravia

Last edited:

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • Deleted my save on Pearl to start over and do a *dramatic music* nuzlocke run. My current team:

-Inferno(Chimchar)
    -Galaxy(Shinx)

That's it. I'm training right now so I can take on the first gym. Live long Inferno/Galaxy!

jkls39

Gate Master
    Years
  • Diamond Version: I'm on my way to Stark Mountain to get another legendary pokemon named Heatran...I'm still on the verge of leveling up my Gabite...He's still level 45 and I need him to reach level 64...Its so hard to level up but its quite challenging... ^_^

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2011
    i traded my shiney evee for a shiney pikachu and then i went to the pokemon mansion and got a shiney pikachu

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • I've restarted my Platinum a couple of weeks ago, and now I'm trying to get Giratina.
    This time, I decided to use Pokèmon I've never used, to make it more challenging.

Infernape Lv. 44 - Fire Punch, Close Combat, Flamethrower, Rock Climb
    Luxray Lv. 43 - Crunch, Thunder Fang, Swagger, Spark
    Floatzel Lv. 43 - Surf, Crunch, Ice Fang, Swift
    Gengar Lv. 44 - Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Thunderbolt
    Leafeon Lv. 43 - Aerial Ace, Razor Leaf, Strength, Giga Drain
    Porygon-Z Lv. 44 - Psybeam, Signal Beam, Recover, Discharge

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    250px-Platinum-box.png

Amore's Travels - Pokémon Platinum
    June 1, 2011 Twinleaf Town: Now with 100% added snow!

Began my journey in Twinleaf Town, met up with Barry before we headed out onto Route 201 to reach Sandgem Town...

Professor Rowan stopped that idiot Barry us from entering the tall grass without pokémon, and after asking if we loved pokémon, had his assistant give us some pokémon. I chose Turtwig, and Barry chose Chimchar.

After Prof. Rowan and Dawn had gone, we had a battle, which I won narrowly.

Upon Mom's advice, I headed to Sandgem Town, where, after running into Barry, Dawn took me to the lab, where Prof. Rowan gave me a Pokédex. Dawn then showed me around town, before suggesting I go home for a bit.

Mom gave me some Running Shoes, and Barry's Mom gave me a parcel, before I headed off again up Route 201 and through Sandgem Town.

On Route 202, Dawn showed me how to capture a pokémon, before giving me 5 Poké Balls. I caught a Bidoof, Starly and Shinx on that route, whilst also training Turtwig (and Shinx).

Upon arriving at Jubilife City, we met an agent of the International Police, known as "Looker". He doesn't seem to speak English natively...or he's just crazy, who knows.

I went to the Pokémon Trainer's School, where I met Barry, who opened his parcel to find 2 Town Maps, one of which he gave to me, before leaving. I battled a couple of trainers, then also left.

I proceeded to embark on a quest to gain a Pokétch from a man who can't count to three without it, before heading out onto Route 218, only to find it was a dead end. I did obtain an Old Rod, however.

Deciding North must be better, I headed onto Route 204, where I caught a Budew and Magikarp (by fishing, seems to be all you can get with an Old Rod), and trained a little by battling some trainers. I visited Ravaged Path, finding that it, too, was a dead end.

Upon returning to Jubilife City, I stocked up on Poké Balls and Potions in the Poké Mart, healed at the Pokémon Centre, and then saved.

Team

Spr_4p_403_m.png

#017 Shinx
    t_elc.png

Adamant | Intimidate
    Tackle / Leer

Spr_4p_387.png

#001 Turtwig
    t_grs.png

Quirky | Overgrow
    Tackle / Withdraw / Absorb

Last edited:

Rekrapinator

Official Rekrapster
    Years
  • I'm currently bring all my Pokemon over to Platinum and then I'm gonna restart with Diamond. Gonna go with Chimchar, never used him before. Planning on using different pokemon, and stay away from Starly, Shinx, etc.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    250px-Platinum-box.png

Amore's Travels - Pokémon Platinum
    June 2-7, 2011 Oreburgh Gym: The rise of Turtwig the Great!

Well, the first thing I did now was to head out onto Route 203, where I was challenged by non other than Barry! He challenged me to a battle...

The battle was actually remarkably one-sided. Shinx used a combination of Leer and Tackle to take down Starly (Leer cancelling out Growl), with his Intimidate weakening its attack. He then used Leer again on Chimchar, but his Tackle was underpowered, so I switched him out for Turtwig, who took down Chimchar in two hits!

He ran off, as usual, and so I continued on through the route, battling some trainers (Shinx learned Charge here), and collecting items, but rather unusually not encountering any new pokémon...

I continued into Oreburgh Gate, where a friendly Hiker gifted me HM06 Rock Smash, and I battled two more trainers, as well as capturing a Psyduck.

Upon arrival in Oreburgh City, a random trainer called me a n00b, and took me to the gym, where I was Barry again, who said that the leader had gone down the mine. So I healed up and started to explore the city. First, I went to the Pokémon Center and healed, also getting a Pal Pad and a Friend Code. Then I headed north to Route 207, and captured a Geodude, Machop (two, one with Guts, one with No Guard) and a Ponyta before returning to the city.

The residents of Oreburgh were very kind - one girl traded her Abra for my Machop (The one with Guts), and another man gave me a gift just because I had a Geodude! After I was done exploring, I headed down the mine.

In the mine, Turtwig gained a couple of levels, and Shinx got one too, and I caught an Onix. I eventually accomplished my main objective too, and found Roark, who promptly returned to the gym.

As I entered the gym, I noticed Barry's name inscribed in the statue, beside which was a man who offered me advice, telling me Grass-types did well against Rock-types. From then, I knew to use Turtwig. I easily swept through the two trainers' Geodudes and Onix with Turtwig, although Onix proved challenging enough to activate Turtwig's Overgrow, boosting his Absorb to KO it easily whilst recovering most of his Hp.

When I approached Roark, he challenged me to a battle (well, I didn't want to just talk, did I?). His first pokémon was a Geodude, which was easily dispatched with Turtwig's Razor Leaf. Next came an Onix, which required more strategy due to its' defense - I let it weaken Turtwig whilst using Razor Leaf, then when Overgrow activated, I used Absorb. His third pokémon, however, was completely new - a Cranidos! This proved to be just as sturdy and twice as powerful as Onix, so I had to constantly use Absorb. Eventually, though, Turtwig was weakend to Overgrow activation without flinching, and Absorb took down Cranidos, earning my first Gym Badge! I also got given a TM for Stealth Rock.

After healing, I left Oreburgh, bumping into Barry on the way, explored a little of Oreburgh Gate with Rock Smash, and returned to Jubilife City. There, when heading north to Route 204, I encountered Prof. Rowan and Dawn, who enlisted my help to dispatch some Team Galactic Grunts. These were actually tougher than Roark, partially due to it being a Double Battle.

Afterwards, Prof. Rowan thanked me, suggesting I get all the Sinnoh League Badges (my original objective anyway), and they left. A Jubilife T.V. person approached me, and gave me a Fashion Case. Suddenly I remembered that I could access the Global Terminal! I went there, a woman gave me a backdrop, and then I attempted to trade over the GTS. I found a Chimchar being traded for a female Bidoof, but there was an anomaly - If I tried to trade, it said it had been traded away, yet Chimchar always appeared on my searches.

I then explored Jubilife T.V, failing to win the lottery, and got another Pokétch App from the company, before heading back to Route 204. There, I headed through the grass to Ravaged Path, where I found a couple of items, then back out into the northern part of the route, battling a few trainers on my way.

When I arrived at Floaroma Town, I found something to be wrong - Team Galactic were guarding the meadow. I headed out onto Route 205, where a girl asked me to save her dad, and to Valley Windworks. I noticed grass outside, so went to battle the pokémon within, capturing a Shellos and a Buizel. I then approached the Grunt outside, who I battled and defeated with my new Buizel and Shinx, who had learned the powerful Spark attack. He locked himself inside, and told me the other key was at the meadow, so I headed back to Floaroma.

I noticed the Grunts had disappeared from the entrance, so I ventured inside the meadow. There, they were ambushing a Honey salesman, until they noticed me. I brutally defeated them, with Shinx evolving in the process, and they left, leaving the key behind, so I headed back to Valley Windworks.

Inside Valley Windworks, I found the entrance grunt, who ran off to warn his superiors. I battled two more grunts with Buizel and Turtwig, working my way through to meet Commanders Mars and Charon. Charon irritated Mars (and me as well), so she challenged me to a battle. Her Zubat fell easily to Luxio, so I sent out Turtwig to battle Purugly. Despite inflicting massive damaged with Razor Leaf, Turtwig was defeated. I sent out Buizel, who was able to finish it off with a Quick Attack before Mars' Potion reached it. Team Galactic then left, and the little girl turned up to see her father, who told me of a pokémon that appears on Fridays. I was too busy, however, so left.

Overnight I left Honey on a tree, but all I found was a Wurmple. I captured it anyway, and headed a little further north, battling some trainers, with Turtwig also evolving (even though I loved his original form, he was so determined I couldn't bring myself to cancel the evolution, so I now have a big, heavy-yet-still-cute Grotle). Outside Eterna Forest, I rested at a kind woman's house, preparing to tackle whatever horrors lay within.

Team

Spr_4p_404_m.png

#018 Luxio
    t_elc.png

Adamant | Intimidate
    Bite / Leer / Charge / Spark

Spr_4p_388.png

#002 Grotle
    t_grs.png

Quirky | Overgrow
    Curse / Withdraw / Absorb / Razor Leaf

Spr_4p_418_m.png