• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

beam me up, scotty - STAR TREK

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    i've never watched any of the tv shows - is going in order of release the best way to go?

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • Personally I would start at Next Generation. Even if you just watch a few episodes to see if I you like it enough to keep going.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I still haven't made my way through Voyager... I got stuck in the 5th or 6th season and started watching other things instead. Just like last time! Apparently that's as far as my attention span for multi-seasoned shows go haha.

Well, I will pick it up eventually. Just gonna finish Daredevil S1 first...

As for what is best to start with, I probably wouldn't recommend starting with the original series unless you're a sucker for super oldie classics. Even Next Generation might be a bit too theatrical and weird by today's standards, but that might be a better place to get into it yeah.

I've realized that when watching Voyager, you will benefit (in easter eggs/cameo ways) having watched TNG first.

Years
  • It'll be airing on CBS in the US and on Netflix in the UK.

Very disappointed not to be in the UK now.

i've never watched any of the tv shows - is going in order of release the best way to go?

Best is to sample the different series and see which one you like best. Generally the series are episodic so you won't really spoil anything by grabbing a random episode in the middle of the 3rd or 4th season. Or, you know, go find out which episodes are known to be good and watch a few of those. Star Trek is notorious for awkward first seasons though so I'd recommend avoiding those episodes if/until you're ready to commit.

Back