• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New gadget speculation

Years
Every generation of Pokemon tends to give the trainer a special gadget that is used on their adventure, like the Pokegear, PokeNav, Poketch and C-Gear. What are you hoping to see of the obligatory new gadget of this generation? What features are you hoping for it to have?

pkmin3033

We are seriously overdue something that will allow us to adjust the internal game clock without having to exit the game to adjust the clock on our handheld. It's not a hugely revolutionary feature and, if day and night are important factors in these games (as they may very well be given the names) it'd make sense for whatever the new device is to have a function that would allow us to change the time of day.

Sure, it wouldn't make any sense in game, but it would provide a potential whole new depth for in-game puzzles in caves and the like, and would also let us adjust the time of day to catch specific Pokemon, etc. Constantly screwing with the clock in the fourth gen was a real nuisance. If these games have day/night - and I really hope they do - we need a feature like this.

It's unlikely, but video chat on top of voice chat would be cool, too. I'm guessing these things will be connected to the internet at all times the same way XY were, so having video chat between friends - and only friends - would be a nifty little feature.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Not much to really speculate at this point, is there...?

Anyway, I'd really like a way to completely hide the gadget from view as I usually don't bother with them until the post-game (apart from the map in ORAS).

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
I think they should return the poketech, but with all the new stuff introduced in newer gens in it. I dunno, but possible I guess it could give hints to a gen4 remake. :P

Back