• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SoTW #48 - Song Lyrics (Sudden Death)

Please pick one:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
Years
  • SoTW #48 - Song Lyrics (Sudden Death)
    Entry Submission thread

Rules:
    • You may only vote once.
    • Please use the poll to vote. You may post comments, etc like you normally would, but your vote will not count unless it is in the poll.
    • Do not vote for yourself. Doing so is cheating and will result in disqualification.
    • This vote is only between Cherii and Comic Tragedy, since they both received 8 votes in the original voting thread at the time the poll closed.

Entrants:
    Spoiler:

Vie

Years
  • I voted for cherii, because I really like the colors and the way she combined the pictures.
    ..and I like lady GaGa :3

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I'm not much of a fan for Lady Gaga.

Comic Tragedy's is quite funny, actually.. I'm talking about how the dude is smiling. XD

I vote for CT~

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Loved CT's.

It was between CT and Tiny before, and I voted for Tiny.

But Comic Tragedy wins the race for me this time.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 12, 2016
    Definitely Cherri's.

CT's is nice, but it's overrated in my opinion. It has a nice amount of depth and the renders were used perfectly, but the abstract "goo" is not at all aesthetically pleasing, whilst it is used effectively.

Cherri's has a soft yet striking balance between the light, dark and colour, with an excellent flow and with many well-blended elements. Oh, and it has shiny special effects, so I'm pretty much sold. My only real complaint would be the number of low-opacity renders which are randomly scattered around - they detract from the flow.

Overall, part of my personal preference would be Cherri's similarity to my own style's ideals in some aspects. They're both excellent and inspiring pieces, but in the end, the complexity of Cherri's is what has won this for me. CT, you've got an excellent signature - nothing personal, although I suppose you shall be discounting what I'm saying, as it would appear that you are going to win anyway.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • CT Easily.

The effects are actually good looking, and Cherri's just looks like a jumbled collaboration of random effects and renders. Some cases it has worked out, this time not so much.

Back