• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Politoed

combuscience

Professor
Years
  • I've been trying to catch a Politoed via SOS chaining but it's really taking to long. I've already encountered a shiny alolan Meowth and no Politoed {XD}. I'm using a Fury Swipe/Substitute/Dark Pulse/Rain Dance Absol with Damp Rock. Do you guys have any advice?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've been trying to catch a Politoed via SOS chaining but it's really taking to long. I've already encountered a shiny alolan Meowth and no Politoed {XD}. I'm using a Fury Swipe/Substitute/Dark Pulse/Rain Dance Absol with Damp Rock. Do you guys have any advice?

Make sure it's night ingame so for Sun (6pm - 6am) and in Moon (6am - 6pm). Other than that, there's not much else to do but keep the chain going. It's has a 1% chance of appearing so you have a 50% chance of it appearing within ~70 SOS calls.

Also, be careful of Perish Song. So just throw balls, otherwise you're gonna have a hard time.

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
  • I personally used 2 rain dance pellipers with the ability drizzle, I then made sure to encounter a poliwhirl to start chaining (they also know rain dance), so when I used up the PP of rain dance for my pellipers, I then just started switching them between each other each time the rain ended, it's tedious but it gets the job done

Last edited:
    Back