• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen # 5 - What parts of the game are you least looking forward to?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • # 5 - What parts of the game are you least looking forward to?

While GSC has some brilliant moments during gameplay, there are some that... we didn't much care for.

So, in this fifth installment of the GSC polls, what parts of pokemon gold/silver are you least looking forward on playing through again? What about those particular parts of the game has made them least enjoyable to play through? How will you play through them this time?

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    ^That is definitely one of them. The Radio Tower part is fun; that much less. Other part I'm looking less forward to is the final Gym, since the game always feels a bit boring from Mahogany Town on until you reach Kanto.

Years
  • Yeah probably Ice Path, the stupid puzzles and sliding everywhere, I'm just not a fan of it all. Apart from that, there's not much about GS that I don't enjoy.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    Cianwood city. You have to go all the way there for the medicine, but cannot fly back because you need strenght to complete the local gym, so you return, obtain strenght, go ALL the way back there, and then you can finally fly. It felt really rewarding obtaining that HM, also need to catch a flying type first. Without repels for the water journey, it's really annoying.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I am so not enthusiastic about that part, SleepyTrainer lmao.

For me the main hate is the Ice Path. SO LONG. I mean it's not that bad but having to use Strength is such a pain... although yeah, actually, the Rocket Hideout is annoying too. These games really know how to test our patience lmao.

But those are like the only things. The rest of the game is mostly chill. Although having to go so long without Pokeballs kinda sucks. :/

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2017
    Pre-E4 grinding, it's always a major pain in ass. Happily GSC E4 is pretty handicaped and there's no need to be on par with their levels.

Also, i'm not too happy everytime i see rival. Silver is probably the most unpleasantly awful character in the entire series for me.

Back