• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite character in Sun & Moon?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
  • While I'm not a huge fan of the Anime, I've found Mallow and Lana to be the bright spots. While I feel Mallow has the most potential of the two, she's been relegated to the background for the most part despite yielding "Leadership" qualities since the first Episode. She's also had several dramatic Episodes, notably Episode 108 that easily ranks as my #1 SuMo Episode. Lana, on the other hand, has the potential to surpass even Kiawe as the best battler of the Alolan group besides Ash. Her calm and cool demeanor under pressure would easily help her in competitions like Coordinator Contests and with a performer Pokemon like Primarina, she could easily dazzle in Pokemon Showcases.

If either character were to continue on in another series, either of those characters I would enjoy seeing more of.

Years
  • Lana. and probably samson to an extent haha. ooh and wicke :p

Lana is probably the funnest character to watch, especially with comedic scenes. memorable scene is that one where lana introduces ash to her sisters. one of the first times i've laughed at the new pokemon episodes. samson is always strong with his pokemon puns hahaha.

kiawe, probably to some extent too. always makes me laugh when he starts using dynamic full flame in a comedic scene

Last edited:

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • Kiawe is quality entertainment let's be real here for a sec. I love his attitude towards his little sister so much.

Sloxy

Mon Amour
    Years
  • The guy who is experienced in everything. I'm telling you in my 50 years of watching the pokemon anime I have never seen a character with such comedic value. I always chuckle whenever the old man changes the dates and then goes even beyond what his age is. Telling you, in the 63 years this show has been running, this guy is on the top.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Kiawe is my favorite from the Sun and Moon group! Mallow is a close second, but I've enjoyed most of Kiawe's episodes, I love his protection over his sister, and overall he's just been the character that's made me smile the most!! And despite already have gotten a Z-Ring before Ash showed up he's still gotten a fair amount of development with it rather than stagnating because he's the one with the most experience, if that makes sense

Years
  • Lana! She is the most kind-hearted and even gentle girl, she is also tend to be somewhat mean to her younger sisters just because they end up doing something rude to her and even making her angry at her by mocking monstorous type one. She is also really kind to Ash and others, even treated them really good and kindful at them.

Lana is also good as an less expert water-type and i hope she can follow the same path as Misty, both of whom are water-type specializers.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    My favorite character in the sun and moon anime would be Lana, she's kind, funny, and is a very fun character.

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    tumblr_or8bcwxvvN1v68t0mo6_500.gif

Lillie, naturally! Her episodes and plotline has the most emotional impact and appeal to me.

But Mallow is such a sweet, big sister-type and I loved the episode about her mother.

Kiawe was SO cool at the start and his adorkable over-protective big brother qualities makes me laugh. It was so cute when he cried over the bald Kantonian Diglet and gave it his wig, that just shows how kind he is.

Last edited:

PB

creation hero
    Years
  • Kiawe for sure!
    Lana and Kukui are pretty good too, but Kiawe has just given so many rich moments this series

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Kiawe. His character expressions just completely make the character for me, ngl. Also, he has a tiny bit of red hair, so bias.

Back