• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speculation Teaser for new anime series, titled 'Pocket Monsters', released on the Japanese Pokémon Youtube channel

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
Years
  • https://youtu.be/dHyYZtWrTD4

Interesting. I think this could infer either one of these two things:

1. Ash is going to win the league in Alola and finally be given a chance to rest
    2. This is a filler anime to pad out time to give Sw/Sh an extra month or two to develop (very unlikely, but given the timing, it's possible)

pkmin3033

Including everything in the anime because they won't include everything in the games, I guess. xD

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I don't really understand this honestly.

Are they doing a complete reboot with a new main character? How the hell are 'all regions' going to be featured?

Does this mean will get new main characters for each region and that Galar won't be Ash?

I'm confused as hell.

Sloxy

Mon Amour
    Years
  • This could be another "pokemon generation" situation as well, or even when they did these short trailers for every region up until gen 7 was revealed.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Last edited:

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • They didn't say that this series is set in a different continuity as a fact; they pointed out that the logo for this series is the same as the logo for the 20th and 21st movies, which were set in an alternate continuity away from the main series. So at best they're guessing that the new series might also be set in an alternate universe separate from the rest of the animated series, but that's just their hypothesis.

Oops.. my bad. Sorry! Well anyhow we'll learn more on 29 September. Pumped up to see what's in store ! Lol I didn't read it properly.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • If they do keep ash it could be a reason to bring back all 20 years of continuity in one series the trailers of sw/sh has like a soccer themed Pokémon battles maybe to compete in this league he has to represent KAnto while having characters from other regions join in representing their region almost like a Pokémon World Cup thing

Taste of Tea

Hoenn confirmed
    Years
  • Wish they would've released an actual animated trailer or poster that showed the cast instead of them just giving us a vague plot outline that can be interpreted many different ways. This whole thing was basically an announcement for an announcement.

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind another 'Pokemon Generations' I LOVED the first one A LOT.

I guess I'll just stop guessing and just wait for the reveal. Not like there's a choice anyway... 😩

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • I have a feeling that the reveal of this new series pretty much suggests that Ash might win the league this time in Alola. From there, Ash will most likely pursue his goal of "catching 'em all" considering he hasn't even caught many Pokemon across the course of the anime, and he releases most of them anyway, especially when travelling to a new region. The fact that all regions will be highlighted suggests he will go through each generation, catching everything there.

I doubt it'll be a filler to delay SwSh though, it's pretty late at this point to delay the games and it'll result in heavy financial losses.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Since we now have a bit more info. I'd like to suggest something.

We know that the next saga is in all regions and that... well what happens in Alola... which at this point I think it is impossible to keep under wraps.

I am thinking that perhaps we will be seeing something similar to how they handled Alain... Ash will be the main character, but every now and then they will branch off to show new characters in other regions that eventually leads to the League in Galar whatever that might be. I think a lot of people liked Alain other than causing Ash to lose in Kalos. And the episodes were breath a fresh air to follow.

So maybe they will do this again, but at a larger scale. The pokemon series for Galar could possibly be as long as Sinnoh was if this is the case. If the extend the anime to 5 years like with Sinnoh, it will give them more time to work on Generation 9 if we get that far. Which I think we will, but that is still far in the future.

So think Alain, but instead of just his and Ash's. We get Ash's and like 5 others. Although it would be nice to have old characters return, especially Gary, especially now.

Last edited:
    Years
  • yeah, I've been thinking of alternating main characters when the rumor of multiple regions came up. not really a fan of those kind of setups but I'll reserve judgments. i have high hopes for the new season :33

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I guess we'll learn more in the coming day or two.

I'm kind of excited, because I fell so behind in SunMoon that I'm ready to keep up with whatever comes next.

Wouldn't complain at all about a reboot, cause my ass loves Pokemon nostalgia, but we already had Generations and the movie, so... another "reboot" doesn't sound very fair.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The idea of a reboot is very annoying honestly. I am so tired of Kanto... having a few episodes here and there, fine but give Kanto a break. I understand people are all for Nostalgia, which I am not, but that Nostalgia runs out if it keeps happening over and over. Although I am excited to see Johto again.

I fell completely behind on SM, only watching the major arcs with Solgaleo and Poipole. So I hope it isn't like SM again and is full of fillers that don't really mean anything. Some are good, but a ton is a no.

And let me rephrase what I meant about a reboot. The idea is really annoying if they plan to continue to use Ash.

Last edited:
    Back