• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] lvl script 03/05 not working.

Dinisk

DinisK
Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2019
    Currently, my script is working, but I would like it to come to life (it takes the values of spritebehave. In one tutorial it is said to use this level. But I have difficulty using it. When I go to the map, I 'catch'
    qaf or black screen. To start my script.the second level has a function to set a face. on the spritebehave account, I don't know. but I'm using level 03 05 interesting for me
    FIwUWKx.png

#org @start
    compare 0x4011 0x1
    if 0x3 call @01
    If 0x2 call @02
    end

#org @01
    spritebehave 0x13 0x16 //I need him to move
    movesprite 0x13 0xb 0x5
    msgbox @1 0x2
    end

#org @02
    spritebehave 0x13 0x2
    movesprite 0x13 0x4 0x14
    msgbox @2 0x2
    end

#org @1
    = Only a trainer can cross the\ngrass, but as I see you do not\lhave a Pokemon.

#org @2
    = I advise you to train all Pokemon\none by one, but do not use one\lsuper powerful one, because you\lcan meet an opponent who will\lhave an advantage like a Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen today
    1: I don't think a msgbox command works in a type 03 level script.
    2: To permanently move a sprite use movesprite2 instead of movesprite
    3: The difference between level type 03 and 05 level scripts is that type 03 only runs when you enter the map, type 05 runs when you enter the map and also when returning to the overworld (After a battle or visiting the pokemon menu for example)

Check out this tutorial to know how to work with level scripts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FttPQvAyWB4

Or this one particularly about the type 02 level script:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191500

Last edited:

Dinisk

DinisK
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2019
    1: I don't think a msgbox command works in a type 03 level script.
    2: To permanently move a sprite use movesprite2 instead of movesprite
    3: The difference between level type 03 and 05 level scripts is that type 03 only runs when you enter the map, type 05 runs when you enter the map and also when returning to the overworld (After a battle or visiting the pokemon menu for example)

Check out this tutorial to know how to work with level scripts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FttPQvAyWB4

Or this one particularly about the type 02 level script:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191500
    I read this manual, but there are no examples with 3.5 lvl. I tried to use moveprite2, however, it moved and changed position, but this is only if I pass 10 cells (if I leave the house, it will stand still) back and forth.I have a lot of garbage in my head, due to lack of practice, but can I then use level 4, since it is universal?ty for utube video btw

Dinisk

DinisK
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2019
    you are right I removed the words, and he began to look around, just how to add a dialogue? XD.
    Editing:i add new script and and this a npc speak and look.thanks,but when he teleports he looks around but does not walk

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    you are right I removed the words, and he began to look around, just how to add a dialogue? XD

Follow that Gen III Rom hacking series tutorial, that explains when to use which type of level script.

To summarize:
    01: Change the tiles of a map through a script
    02: Executes a certain event through a script (Similar to the green Script in AdvanceMap, but as level script, most scripting command can be used in such a script such as msgboxes and applymovements)
    03: Used for moving sprites across a map or setting certain flags
    04: Similar to 02, but is executed before all tiles and such are loaded (used for the spritefacing when starting the game for example)
    05: Executes every times a player returns to the overworld (barely used, only in the Pokemon Center I think)

For what you want, you should use type 03 among with type 02 (If I understood it correctly).

Last edited:
    Back