• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you a boy? Or are you a girl?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
  • We've all been there. We've just started a save file, and the age-old question pops up:

"Are you a boy? Or are you a girl?"

From that point on, this is one of the first parts in the game that is set in stone, and cannot be changed at all unless you start a new save and pick the other character, which sucks when you've made a lot of progress. Picking a certain character gender can also influence certain game events, such as how NPCs refer to you, and the customisation options available as in the case of recent games.

So anyway...when you do your playthroughs...do you pick the boy character or the girl character? I always pick the boy.

Years
  • Girl! I'm female and prefer playing as my own gender as that's what I feel comfortable with. Plus the females tend to have better customization options in the latest gens imo aha.

Years
  • Female protagonists for some reason or another do tend to be better designed than the male ones so that's what I go with. :x Plus I'm a girl so yeah.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2019
    Depends on which I like more. I'm at a toss up between Kris and Ethan, I like Leaf more than Gen 3's Red design (she still doesn't compare to Gen 1 Red), and I prefer Brendan to May, and Dawn to the other guy whose name I forgot, and after looking it up, it turns out it's Lucas.

Back