• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Take away pokemon in firered script?

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Is there a command that can be used to take away a players pokemon in firered? I want to give the player a level 20 machop so that they can get to the next route, but then have it taken away on said route so that the player doesn't have an over leveled pokemon. If there is no way to do this I will have to implement some sort of work around. Thank you for your help.

Dinisk

DinisK
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2019
    There's nothing that takes away a single Pokemon in-game unless you do some unintended Daycare stuff, but HackMew made an ASM routine that can do exactly what you're looking for.
    It is very difficult to compile if you are a beginner. I think it's easier to find a similar hack with this script to go into hxd and copy this code (having found the callasm offset in this script) in 16 format. and paste it into your ROM using callasm

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • It is very difficult to compile if you are a beginner. I think it's easier to find a similar hack with this script to go into hxd and copy this code (having found the callasm offset in this script) in 16 format. and paste it into your ROM using callasm

Not really, its pretty easy to learn how to assemble/ insert ASM nowadays, even if you're a beginner. ASM in general is becoming far more accessible than it ever was.

If a hacker wanted to copy a routine from another game they would first have to find a hack that has the specific routine inserted which will time as they play through them in order to find an occurrence of the ASM. Once they found an instance of the routine they would then have to copy it over their ROM which isn't always that simple. Assembled ASM doesn't have a simple terminator byte like scripts so it can be difficult picking out a specific routine's length if its surrounded by other assorted data. It would be faster and easier to just follow the tutorial I linked above than to try and rip a routine from another hack. Learning how to assemble ASM will expand a hacker's repertoire of hacking skills and give them more latitude to use in the future, especially if they're a beginner.

Last edited:
    Back