• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
SuperPotion is a recolored Potion (although it was never supposed to be a Potion
It's not a translation fail. The Japanese name for Potion is kizu gusuri (which means medicine/ointment), while the Japanese for Super Potion is ii kizu gusuri, which means "good" medicine/ointment. And the Japanese name for Hyper Potion is sugoi kizu gusuri, which means "amazing" medicine/ointment. I really don't see how they're translation fails, they're just subtly changed for the sake of localization. What, were you expecting them to be called, "Ointment", "Good Ointment", and "Amazing Ointment"?

@diegoisawesome: Just letting you know that your hack has some serious glitches when saving on actual hardware.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
Years
It's not a translation fail. The Japanese name for Potion is kizu gusuri (which means medicine/ointment), while the Japanese for Super Potion is ii kizu gusuri, which means "good" medicine/ointment. And the Japanese name for Hyper Potion is sugoi kizu gusuri, which means "amazing" medicine/ointment. I really don't see how they're translation fails, they're just subtly changed for the sake of localization. What, were you expecting them to be called, "Ointment", "Good Ointment", and "Amazing Ointment"?

F**k. Of course I meant SecretPotion.

Who on the Earth would need to resprite SuperPotion?

Joshawott

Banned
Years
Ah, another second generation remake. I say that happily as those were my favourite games in the series. Will there be any new areas, or any such thing? How about third generation Pokémon? Remixed music? Anyhow, you appear to have a lot of work done so I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of the hack.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years

@diegoisawesome: Just letting you know that your hack has some serious glitches when saving on actual hardware.
Yeah, I know that saving on real hardware has massive glitches; this is caused by JPAN's 'fixed' variable hack. He released a fix for it, but only for FireRed...
F**k. Of course I meant SecretPotion.

Who on the Earth would need to resprite SuperPotion?
Haha, I knew what you meant.
Ah, another second generation remake. I say that happily as those were my favourite games in the series. Will there be any new areas, or any such thing? How about third generation Pokémon? Remixed music? Anyhow, you appear to have a lot of work done so I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of the hack.
Well, if you consider a new region to be a new area... ;)
Third gen Pokémon? In the new region.
Remixed music? Already in.
Thanks for the post!

Aussie Riolu

What is anything to a Riolu?
Years
Hmm strange. I just updated and that Ecruteak Gym glitch still happens although that Ice Punch thing is fixed. Maybe because I activated that script on accident which caused it to repeat?

I do have a save state before it happened so I'll have to test that out later...

Sierraffinity

Years
This beats LiquidCrystal & ShinyGold(X) by a long shot, I love what you did with the PokeNav!
Thanks!
Hmm strange. I just updated and that Ecruteak Gym glitch still happens although that Ice Punch thing is fixed. Maybe because I activated that script on accident which caused it to repeat?

I do have a save state before it happened so I'll have to test that out later...
That's really odd... Try that save file out and report what happens.

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
Looks fun however the name sounds like a drug :p

Crackhead: Time to snort some CrystalDust! >:3

Aussie Riolu

What is anything to a Riolu?
Years
OK just checked it. If you activate that script in Ecruteak Gym before awakening the Legendary Beasts, it will infinitely loop when you go in there. If you awaken them first and then go to the Gym, it won't activate at all and you can challenge the Gym Leader.

EDIT: Actually...I just tested it again but activating the script before the beasts. It doesn't activate now. Apparently since the save was from the older beta, it caused glitches. My bad... I think because I activated the script on an older beta, it caused it. But it seems to work fine when I went back to an older save state, saved and then reset so the newer beta was applied or something like that.

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
Looks fun however the name sounds like a drug :p

Crackhead: Time to snort some CrystalDust! >:3
Cannot unthink... O.O
OK just checked it. If you activate that script in Ecruteak Gym before awakening the Legendary Beasts, it will infinitely loop when you go in there. If you awaken them first and then go to the Gym, it won't activate at all and you can challenge the Gym Leader.

EDIT: Actually...I just tested it again but activating the script before the beasts. It doesn't activate now. Apparently since the save was from the older beta, it caused glitches. My bad... I think because I activated the script on an older beta, it caused it. But it seems to work fine when I went back to an older save state, saved and then reset so the newer beta was applied or something like that.
Glad to hear you've sorted out your issue. I'm happy you're able to keep playing!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
I finished played on VBA, and I not found some bug.
But, when I played it on gpSP,
I found 2 bug.
1.I can't go to Ecruteak City gym
2.After I defeated my rival in Burned tower, I can defeated him again

Sorry if my English is bad

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
I finished played on VBA, and I not found some bug.
But, when I played it on gpSP,
I found 2 bug.
1.I can't go to Ecruteak City gym
2.After I defeated my rival in Burned tower, I can defeated him again

Sorry if my English is bad
Both of those glitches are fixed in the latest version of the game. You can download it from the link in the first post.

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2012
Great hack so far. How far can you go in Kanto?
Is Lugia & Ho-Oh catchable yet?
And last but not least, any approx time until beta 3 is done?

Best Regards,
Faltora

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2012
1. You can go to Indigo Plateau in Kanto.
2. The legendary birds are not catchable yet.
3. No ETA yet, sorry.

Thanks for the fast answer. Alot of my budds(9 peeps) have started playing this hack on our EZ Flash IVs and enjoy it very much. May I ask how much you have done since the last update? :)

Edit: Also is trading working? We haven't had time to test it out yet.

Edit2: The rival encounter in the Tower where you first meet Euisune seems bugged. The game just freezes. :<

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
Thanks for the fast answer. Alot of my budds(9 peeps) have started playing this hack on our EZ Flash IVs and enjoy it very much. May I ask how much you have done since the last update? :)

Edit: Also is trading working? We haven't had time to test it out yet.

Edit2: The rival encounter in the Tower where you first meet Euisune seems bugged. The game just freezes. :<
When did you download the patch? That glitch was already fixed a while ago...

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2012
When did you download the patch? That glitch was already fixed a while ago...

Got it from your website, o15.com.

And the link labeled: "Download the Latest CrystalDust IPS Patch (2.0)!"

Edit: Tested it on the computer too with my save file, but it still says something like "Rival a " *text is removed* *music continues* and the game freezes. :/ Happend
for all of my buds. I played this before once and I never had any issues before.

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
Got it from your website, o15.com.

And the link labeled: "Download the Latest CrystalDust IPS Patch (2.0)!"

Edit: Tested it on the computer too with my save file, but it still says something like "Rival a " *text is removed* *music continues* and the game freezes. :/ Happend
for all of my buds. I played this before once and I never had any issues before.
Well, I asked when, not where, but that's a different bug altogether. Can EZFlash save 128kb files? If so, set them to save that type of file. This glitch is happening because of the rival's name being deleted in the save file. Also, there's not much I can do for your current save file, unless you send it to me. Then I might be able to try to fix it manually.

Back