• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
  • As we haven't heard from Master_Beaver, I have given aragornbird the win. And with that, all of the Round 1.5 matches are complete, with still eleven people moving on without having a battle. >_>

And now I shall post the Round Two Pairings. Note that AiR.B is now xXx-VALO-xXx, and Akuchiki Byakuya is now ~Kazaam~ :

Tournament 2 Pairings
    Round Two

GOPgabe VS Soulinferno

_Prince_ VS Law07

Pn0y VS Richard Steel

Ichida VS ~Kazaam~

Yoshistar64 VS Samson

Red X VS Burzes

Shadowdragon154 VS supermandudekid

aragornbird VS chibi

Toki_Wartooth VS Karsen

Cakekun VS Spyrus7

fabio875 VS xXx-VALO-xXx

-: Trey :- VS genus

Ichaste Pekoni VS Paranoia

xXscytherXx VS Bluekikatana

Kurogane VS Dragon Tamer Ed

So, after this time, I expect little or no more no-shows. Though I am still crossing my fingers, XD. Anyways, the above battles should be completed by September 21st, 2007. At that point, I will post the pairings for Round Three. And I'll say now that no matter what happens this time around, there will NOT be a Round 2.5 coming.

And with that, Good Luck!​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2009
    I PM'd you to change my name to this account, I used the word confirmation to confirm from both my old and new account to prove it was me lol. Put me in there as this account.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Why did you have to put me against Ichida. I just lost to him not too long ago. I want to switch with Genus, he said he wanted to battle someone good anyways.

chibi

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2008
    noooo... why do i have to fight aragonbird... i'd rather be against richard steel XD son of a *****

Gimmie a day or so birdie. Need to work on my team if i even wanna take down half your guys.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • Yoush!~ Finally, I'm on stage! *makes archery gestures towards Kazaam* Ready when you are.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    I think I'll smack me around an opponent, but only after reading up extensively on the pokemon they like using.

Good luck trey...(but only so good that I wind up winning ;))

Ooka

Years
  • Wow, I have a feeling cockiness will be your downfall. You seem to have enough to annoy even the most un-irratable people. Well, I have battled Trey and you shouldn't underestimate him. I battled him when he was still learning some stuff and he still almost beat me. Don't think that just because you had a lot of luck doesn't mean that you will have a lot of success. Have fun losing. :D

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • My Round 3 picks (haha, even though I have no idea how many of you battle, I'll gamble a little. Feel free to prove me wrong with a bagel! (6-0)).

Soulinferno
    Law07
    Richard Steel
    Ichida
    Samson
    Burzes
    Shadowdragon154
    aragornbird
    Karsen
    Cakekun
    fabio875
    -: Trey :-
    Ichaste Pekoni
    xXscytherXx
    Kurogane

Also, after this round, you've already got an odd number. I guess some lucky winner grabs a free round?

-: Trey :-

Vigilante of Wi-Fi
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2008
    ohh Genus has a ego!My freind I am not an opponent to smack aroung ill have ya know.Good luck to you too ill place a match for Sunday

Soulinferno

Bandit
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    Ive emptied my PM box and have sent GOPgabe a pm about our match. Hopefully ill finally be able to have a battle. =O

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    You would think inflated egoism as a comedic device contrasted by vested interest would have caught on more on the internet but unfortunately this is not the case. I'm 'arrogant' and therefore must be devoid of skill and an inferior player because I lack confidence issues. Sometimes the 'strong and silent' type is really just the 'silent' type letting on nothing because it has nothing to let on. Other times, the 'overconfident and outspoken' sort is only 'outspoken', proficient in what they claim expertise in and less abrasive than they're labeled.

Just never in these carbon-copy, watered down Disney movies that form your moral and intellectual base, starved for content to cover their light-hearted, bare-bones structure devoid of any cinematography richer than the stark creative license granted by a few strung out neurotic editors grappling to understand the needs of any given nuclear family and where the underdog always wins. You should ignore those.

Sunday could work for me, preferably any time after 2:00 PM EST or so. I'm in #smogon on irc.dejatoons.net, alternatively you could find me with the command '/whois genus', followed by '/msg genus (your message)' to organize our battle when you see fit.

Ooka

Years
  • You would think inflated egoism as a comedic device contrasted by vested interest would have caught on more on the internet but unfortunately this is not the case. I'm 'arrogant' and therefore must be devoid of skill and an inferior player because I lack confidence issues. Sometimes the 'strong and silent' type is really just the 'silent' type letting on nothing because it has nothing to let on. Other times, the 'overconfident and outspoken' sort is only 'outspoken', proficient in what they claim expertise in and less abrasive than they're labeled.

Just never in these carbon-copy, watered down Disney movies that form your moral and intellectual base, starved for content to cover their light-hearted, bare-bones structure devoid of any cinematography richer than the stark creative license granted by a few strung out neurotic editors grappling to understand the needs of any given nuclear family and where the underdog always wins. You should ignore those.

Sunday could work for me, preferably any time after 2:00 PM EST or so. I'm in #smogon on irc.dejatoons.net, alternatively you could find me with the command '/whois genus', followed by '/msg genus (your message)' to organize our battle when you see fit.

Did you find out all of that stuff on the back of a cereal box? Sounds like it.
    doyourworst.jpg

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • You would think inflated egoism as a comedic device contrasted by vested interest would have caught on more on the internet but unfortunately this is not the case. I'm 'arrogant' and therefore must be devoid of skill and an inferior player because I lack confidence issues. Sometimes the 'strong and silent' type is really just the 'silent' type letting on nothing because it has nothing to let on. Other times, the 'overconfident and outspoken' sort is only 'outspoken', proficient in what they claim expertise in and less abrasive than they're labeled.

Oh man... I hate people who try to sound intelligent over the internet. Anyone with Dictionary.com and Wikipedia can sound like a bloody genius. Pragmatism is your friend! Using big word and obscure metaphors don't make you smart. As Jack Nicholson said in As Good As It Gets: "People who talk in metaphors ought to shampoo my crotch".

Ooka

Years
  • Oh man... I hate people who try to sound intelligent over the internet. Anyone with Dictionary.com and Wikipedia can sound like a bloody genius. Pragmatism is your friend! Using big word and obscure metaphors don't make you smart. As Jack Nicholson said in As Good As It Gets: "People who talk in metaphors ought to shampoo my crotch".

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • Damn, the last time "bluekikatana" was on was the 28th of August.

So now we're gonna have to have a round 2.5? T_T

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    So I hear anti-intellectualism has caught on. Let's all burn down some libraries together because not everything they say is liminal!

Afterwards we will pick fights over the internet and begin a crusade against anti-consumerism. Rally the weekend warriors.

You said you hate it when people "try to sound smart" over the internet. Would you rather they were uneducated, uncultured chavs unable to put together a coherent argument? I'm sure you would. That way nobody would have a spine, and would never dare to believe anything not perfectly in synch with the opinions of the omnipotent Richard Steel.

On that note, why should I care what Jack Nicholson has to say? Actors do nothing more than memorize a portion of a script. They are not of the intellectual elite, but rather the trivial, self-absorved sect that can't even believe 'outlandish' (person x) had the nerve to say (inane comment y) about (person z). Plus, your whole point is null because Jack Nicholson did not say that, Jack Nicholson's character did. All of a sudden you must believe everything the character you plays says and does?

In closing, I hope you lose at pokemon and your personal life begins a slow downward spiral as you succumb to obscurity.

Last edited:

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
  • Ooookay. Regardless of some useless posts up there, I have something to say.

WHY'D YOU HAVE TO MATCH ME UP WITH SAMSON!?

I'm telling you... it's overkill... OVERKILL!!!

*goes to corner, hugs knees, and sucks thumb*

Ooka

Years
  • I don't know why you're worried about facing Samson. I've beaten him before. And in regards to genus' post....
    jack20nicolson.jpg

And, I have to battle Ichida, and I've lost to him before. I am in for a world of pain unless I can ev train that secret weapon before our battle.....
    evilone.gif

Back