• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Guide: How I organise PC Boxes!

t0gekiss

Ah, the PC. The 'My Documents' of Pokemon. Filled with Pokemon upon Pokemon with no order whatsoever.
    Well today, I'm going to show you how I organise my PC, and some other ways to organise is yourself!
    Please note: There is no absolute BEST way to organise PC boxes, so if you think they'res a better way, let me know!

So before we get into how to organise the PC, let me go over one thing first. When doing something with the PC, never, and I mean never, use Deposit Pokemon or Widthdraw Pokemon! Always use Organise Boxes, trust me, it'll make your life so much easier.
    Spoiler:

Now, onto the organisation itself.
    So, the first box in my PC, named Legendaries, contains all of my Legendary and Mythical Pokemon.
    The second box, named Battle ready, contains all of my battle ready Pokemon (IV and EV trained)
    The third box, named Shinies, contains, you guess it, shiny Pokemon!
    My fourth box, named breedable, contains all of my Pokemon with 3 or more IVs, which I can use to breed.
    And the rest of my boxes are organised by type.

So, that's how I organise my PC's boxes! How do you organise yours?

.​

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • That's a nice way to organize your boxes. And yeah, when I knew you could use Move Pokémon/Organize Boxes instead of Deposit/Withdraw, I was SO RELIEVED. It was a long time ago though ^^

If you want to know how I organize my boxes, here it is: I don't.... I don't know, I'm just SUPER LAZY to do that xD But I remember in X and Y that I tried to do something like this:

A Kalos Box, for Kalos Pokémon only (probably there would have been 2 boxes)
    A Mega Evolution Box, for Pokémon who can Mega Evolve
    A Shiny Box for Shiny mons (which was always empty ... I'm to lazy to catch shinies)
    A "Breeding box ?" - I don't know what I can name this box, but I used to put all my Pokémon which I hatched from eggs. It's not because of IV's, but because I wanted to hatch a shiny...
    The rest was to all of the Pokémon... I didn't have a box for a specific type xD

As you see, I don't have or never intended to have a Battle Box, or a Box destined to competitive stuff. You see, I'm not attached to the competitive side of the game, simply because I know little about IV's (I know a little bit more about EV's), strategies, etc ... And I'm to lazy to learn that :/ Maybe I'm just thinking negatively...

Years
  • I only organise my boxes on the Pokemon game which has my whole collection (which is X atm), if I'm just playing through another game I don't bother. With that being said I have a box for Legendaries, favourite Pokemon, shinies, strongest Pokemon and then all the eggs I've hatched followed by the best IV Pokemon that have hatched.

Socratic

Howdy
    Years
  • I put my Pokemon in boxes based off of the background. I'll put my Forest Pokemon into a Forest box, my Mountain Pokemon in a Mountain box, etc.
    It makes things more confused and difficult to find, but I find it fun :3

t0gekiss

I put my Pokemon in boxes based off of the background. I'll put my Forest Pokemon into a Forest box, my Mountain Pokemon in a Mountain box, etc.
    It makes things more confused and difficult to find, but I find it fun :3

That's a pretty unique way to do it. I like it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2019
    I organize them by which game I caught them in- I like to transfer my Pokemon so there's

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • As a long time trader i got my own system of unorganization organization :3

For me i have a box for 6iv shinies, 5iv shinies, 4iv shinies, kalos shinies, legendary shines, and misc. shinies. After that i have competitively built pokemon, legendaries, event pokemon and breeding pokemon :P

I like your system too though thats a neat way to do it :D

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    When I was filling up my Pokedex before I owned Bank, I made different boxes based on types
    I combined some types and did the background to match the type.

Spoiler:

Now since I moved my living dex to Bank, it's a mess filled with breedjects and wonder trade jects. As well as 2 boxes full of my shinies.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I... don't
    I kinda have one box for legends, one for event pokes, one for shinies, but the first 3 are just random picks.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    I've had to reorganize it so many times it isn't even funny. I used to organize the boxes for types then by egg group. Nothing seems to work very well.

Back