• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that Jessie & James should have caught in the anime

Years
  • There are quite a few Pokemon that I wish Jessie & James had caught in the anime and these are the ones I think they should have captured

Jessie should have kept the Shellder she caught in Kanto and evolved it into Cloyster

Johto - Jessie

Ariados
    Misdreavus
    Magcargo

Johto - James

Jumpluff
    Furret
    Xatu

Hoenn - Jessie

Banette (I have always thought it really suited Jessie)
    Swalot
    Masquerain

Hoenn - James

Dusclops
    Roselia
    Whiscash

Sinnoh - Jessie

Purugly
    Froslass
    Lumineon

Sinnoh - James

Drifblim
    Roserade
    Mothim

Unova - Jessie

Scolipede
    Gothitelle
    Galvantula

Unova - James

Lilligant
    Reuniclus
    Garbodor

Kalos - Jessie

Pyroar (Male)
    Mewostic (Female)
    Aromatisse

Kalos - James

Florges
    Mewostic (Male)
    Slurpluff

Alola - Jessie

Salazzle
    Vikavolt
    Araquanid

Alola - James

Tsareena
    Crabominable
    Oricorio

Galar - Jessie

Sandaconda
    Hatterene
    Drednaw

Galar - James

Cramorant
    Grimmsnarl
    Thievul

What are your thoughts

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Characters tend to not double up on types...so I can't see the need for James to have a Roserade alongside his Carnivine. Plus, generally I think they don't have the main characters wielding gym leaders' signature Pokémon (although I know now Ash has Dragonite just like Lance). I like the Meowstic idea though

Years
    • Seen today
    They had a Lickitung in Indigo League- superpowerful in a tournament- and they gave no evidence that gave it to the boss or did anything with it. It just vanished.

Years
    • Online now
    I remember an episode where a Teddiursa stole the heroes' food. In that same episode, it evolved into Ursaring. Later, it was seen with Jessie and James, and they were dancing together while Jessie and James shouted that they had an Ursaring. Weirdly enough, they didn't keep it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2022
    Wonderful Surprise Everyone the Rocket Prize Master is BACK! Morgrem and Hattrem are my favorites they pulled from it but also they have 4 others that are pretty good too! But I like Hattrem for James and Morgrem for Jessie

Back