• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently playing? V4

pkmin3033

Right now my time is divided equally (mostly) between Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity and Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory. I am having the opposite experience of what I expected of each...

Age of Calamity is bad. I am extremely disappointed in this. I was fully prepared to put up with the horrendous voice acting (although god, I'd forgotten how awful Zelda was...) and tired, plodding narrative. I was hoping it'd be interesting, but I was prepared for it not to be. What I was NOT prepared for was bad gameplay. Because compared to the original Hyrule Warriors - hell, compared to the majority of Warriors titles from two generations ago and onwards - this game handles so badly. It's just so damn SLOW. Link doesn't control even half as well in this as he did in the original game, and the Champions are...a mixed bag. I'm having a lot of fun with Mipha and only slightly less with Revali, but the rest...well, they're more cumbersome than they are fun. Not that the original Hyrule Warriors didn't have its share of bad characters - hell, Mipha is a massive improvement over Ruto even though she uses about 90% of her moves - but this game...it just doesn't control as well as it should. It's more Breath of the Wild and less Warriors, and the end result is a game that seems to struggle against the systems imposed on it. It's not as accessible, or enjoyable, as its predecessor. I was hoping for another smooth and responsive gameplay experience, but I find this causes me more stress than relieves it when I play it, and that...isn't great. I'm still probably going to 100% it because I'm a masochist, but it won't equal the original without some serious patching. Playing this after Hyrule Warriors feels very much like playing Oninaki after Ys VIII - similar experience, massively inferior gameplay.

Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory, though? I LOVE IT. I don't even like Kingdom Hearts or its music that much - hell, the only track from KH I like is Oscurita Di Xehanort and that isn't even in it - but this is such a wonderfully relaxing and amusing little title! It's like a spiritual successor to Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, almost. I've been playing it on Proud - thank you, Hatsune Miku, for over-preparing me for this - and whilst having to unlock every song through World Tour is a pain, I love the structure of it, with the missions and things like items providing incentive to replay and a safety buffer for the nastier songs. The only thing I don't like about this are the boss battles and movie stages, which are as badly designed as the rest of the game is well designed. They're a horrendous blip and I'm so glad there aren't many of them, because they utterly ruin the experience.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • picked back up my playthrough of crystal i started maybe. in 2018? idr. my team is cute af.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Started playing Shantae and the Pirate's Curse last night and have also been playing Smash Ultimate, Pokémon Platinum and Pokémon Soul Silver recently.

Years
  • Right now I've just been playing Genshin Impact and it's kind of a pain right now trying to complete the event at the last minute because I've been working so much.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Beat Persona 5 Royal's third semester on Merciless with all confidants maxed out and a full compendium. This is the first time I've completed a MegaTen game's compendium ngl 🤔

There are two Persona builds in particular that I'm proud of:
    Spoiler:

P5R's put me in an SMT mood, maybe I'll go for SMT IV again or one of the Devil Survivor games. It's been a while since I've last played any of them.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i started a random challenge in emerald hiiii go see my updates in the thread in challenges xoxo this is my zillionth time playing emerald lmfaooo i just don't get tired of it

Years
  • I'm playing several games right now: Pokémon HeartGold and Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter.

I might play a bit of Portal and Fallout: New Vegas when I feel up for it in December. I burnt myself out on those last two games this weekend.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Mostly playing Undertale right now, and occasionaly playing a few other games like Smash Bros Ultimate, Pokémon Soul SIlver and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

MM980

"You said you have a dream...That dream...Make it
    Years
  • Sekiro - so hard
    Bought AC Unity on Black Friday sale, gotta download
    Costume quest 2, it was free some months back, bought then, downloaded this week

Years
  • After a year I'm almost at the end of Ring Fit Adventure. Thinking of just doing mandatory stages only and skipping sidequests because while Ring Fit is good to get back into fitness if you were sedentary like me it no longer poses a challenge or is particularly stimulating. I want to finish the adventure.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2023
    I just started Ghost of Tsushima yesterday. I'm enjoying the gameplay so far, though the movement and camera feel a bit more clunky than I was expecting.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Just reached Arcadia in Bioshock 1. Enjoying it much more than I thought - I love the art deco aesthetic, and the gameplay is surprisingly good for the remaster of a 13 year old game. The combat's pretty fun - Electro Bolt and Incinerate! are my favourite plasmids so far.

the movement and camera feel a bit more clunky than I was expecting.
    Fully agree, great game but the camera could use some work. Walls and furniture kept blocking my view during some indoor fights.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Finished playing Undertale yesterday, currently playing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Pokémon Soul Silver

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Well... I finished Tales of Zestiria and it's DLC last night. The regular enemies in the final DLC dungeon started getting overly ridiculous and I just wanted to finish the DLC/game in general so it got to the point where I just tried to get to the end and only fought when I had to.

So... this game...

Most people hate it for whatever reason. Or from what I've seen anyway. After completing it........... I still don't understand or get it. At all. I really don't. 😒

Is it the best game? No. But no game is. Is it as good as Berseria? No. But Berseria appears to be top of the list for most peoples 'Best Tales of' game so comparing it to it is unfair IMO. Does it have bad camera angles during battles at the worst possible time? Yes. Is the difficulty overly ridiculous sometimes? Yes. Especially during the final main game boss and the final dungeon in the DLC.

However... is it as bad as people claim and state that it is? No. Absolutely not. It isn't. HELL NO. NOT AT ALL. 😐

I really enjoyed my experience with this game for the most part. I just didn't see the problems that apparently everyone else says they did. The characters were great. The skits were hilarious at times just like in Berseria. The plot was pretty decent overall too. It got even better near the end of the game just like it did with Berseria.

So I don't see the problem with it. I really don't. AT ALL. But this is coming from someone who loves what appears to be all of the games that most other people hate. So what the hell do I know? I guess? 😏

But whatever. The one thing that's become abundantly clear to me is that people complain about way to much when it comes to video games anymore. 😒

Anyway I'm done. Rant over. TL;DR... Tales of Zestiria isn't as bad as people state and claim that it is IMO.

I'll probably start playing World of Final Fantasy tonight assuming I have nothing else better to do. It's literally Video Game Fusion between Pokemon and Final Fantasy. YES PLEASE. 😍

Back