• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Scooby-Doo

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • So! It's almost halloween. You know what that means? Scooby-Doo marathons!

Scooby-Doo

Scooby-Doo is an American animated franchise comprising many animated television series produced from 1969 to the present. It features Fred Jones, Daphne Blake, Velma Dinkley, and Norville "Shaggy" Rogers, and their talking dog Scooby-Doo, who solve mysteries involving supposedly supernatural creatures through a series of antics and mis-steps.

There have been many series starring the Scooby-Doo gang, from the original Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! from 1969, to What's New, Scooby-Doo? from 2002, and even Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated from 2010.

There's also been many films starring the Scooby-Doo gang too, from live action, to even one that starrs the characters from WWE. All that said, have you seen an Scooby-Doo shows? Which ones are your favourite? Which films did you watch? What do you think of Scooby Doo as a franchise and series as a whole?

pkmin3033

This is...not a franchise I have ever gotten along with, if I'm honest. Primarily because when I was a youngster the seasons with Scrappy Doo were airing on TV, and the first live action film was released. Which as an adult I can kinda appreciate a little more - because it lampshades just how infuriating Scrappy Doo really is - but as a kid...well. Yeaaaah. Something about Scrappy and Shaggy in particular just always really irritated me. It was never my kind of comedy and I probably never gave it the chance it deserved, but oh well. We all have things we don't like as kids!

Also, relevant:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • so like i watched it. but i can't say i particularly enjoyed it or that it was memorable for me. it was just on a lot (and late) and it was something i could tolerate. even as a kid, i always found it to be too formulaic (but like. in kid terms lol i obviously didn't go around Saying That) and a little boring, but not so bad that i would want to change the channel...unless i knew something better was on. just one of those 'there isn't anything else on and this is Okay' kind of shows.

i do not like any of the newer versions either...newer meaning like early 2000's bc i do not keep up with current tv or airings on stream services, so i'm mostly talking about the scrappy-doo and what's new scooby doo here. i mean i'm not gonna lie that theme song for what's new scooby-doo was the best thing simple plan ever did but like man. idk. i don't care for the series lol. let it go...

Magitronique

I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF
    Years
  • I didn't particularly care much for it as a kid save for the 90s/early 2000s direct to video animated films and A Pup Named Scooby Doo. I just found it kinda boring and not generally worth watching when there were a million other good contemporary cartoons I had to choose from growing up. That said, I appreciate the series a lot more now as an adult as I've come to enjoy super old cartoons, though I still can't say I'd go out of my way to watch the majority of it.

Except for Mystery Incorporated, that is. That one's definitely worth the effort imo!

Years
  • Scooby Doo was one of my favorite shows growing up!

I used to watch the original series every time I saw it on. I also enjoyed the weird New Scooby-Doo Movies - the ones that stick out in my head are the following: the Don Knotts movies, the Phyllis Diller movie, and of course the Sonny and Cher movie. It was definitely super weird, but also...wildly iconic?
    The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo was also pretty great from what I recall, as was A Pup Named Scooby-Doo. I was pretty hyped when it was rebooted as What's New Scooby-Doo. I probably saw all episodes of that as well.
    I did watch a few of the Mystery Incorporated reboot and I really enjoyed it - I just never finished it. Wasn't sufficiently interested in the newest movie reboot of the franchise.

Back