• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Emerald GBC (canceled)

Years
  • I'm new to rom-hacking and I know this has been done before but I don't believe it's been completed. I want to gather a team to help me make this. Here are some things I'm hoping to achieve whilst making this hack:
    - Built off of the Crystal Engine
    - Running Shoes
    - Soundtrack Devamps
    - Sprite Devamps
    - Remake of some moves new to Gen 3 / (re?)vamps of move-pools
    - Some story events such what happens before choosing starts
    - Devamps of areas
    - Pokeball symbol as indicator to see whether a mon has been caught before
    - Either replacing existing mons to fit gen 3 mons or try to add them as their own
    - Fixing of Gen 2 glitches

I want to achieve quite a bit but I don't want to be too ambitious with this.
    In need of scripters, spriters, composers, mappers, I'm not sure what else I'll need because I'm new to this.

Last edited:

Lavandula

lord of the spices
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2019
    i dont have much experience with rom hacking, but i can try doing some sprite work if you want

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hi there, it might interest you to know that I've taken over development of Ancient Emerald (and also Ancient Platinum) and have an alpha of the Ruby version coming out shortly. It's exactly what you've described here so you may be interest in following progress on discord. We already have all the sprites including trainers and portion of the soundtrack which is being worked on by Mmmmm. If you feel you could help you're welcome to ofcourse, or even compete lol

Years
  • I think it'd sound fun to join and check on your progress. Since I'm new to rom hacking, I think I'd need experience and use this opportunity to get some. But what a coincidence of both of your projects being the same!

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Yeah lol. Well here's an invite. Drop on by and have a look. And yes the disassembly is the best way to go about hacking, giant overhaul projects like this simply aren't feasible binary hacking https://discord.gg/gJJEEEb

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • These tutorials are for the assembly? Is that the best way to go about doing these hacks?

Yep, assembly is the best way for hacking.
    Especially with what you're hoping to accomplish.
    Sprite editing, feature adding, map extending, town-map editing.

All needs doing in assembly, it'll be better, trust me!

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • How do I convert it back into a rom to test things?
    pokecrystal github repository should have both the installation guide, and a one for compiling a rom file out of the disassembly. The exact same compile process works most likely for this project as well.

Back