• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2013
    This is a new challenge that some of you might of heard of before, but I just wanted to make a thread for it

Main rules
    1. Whenever a Pokemon is knocked out it is considered dead and must be released.
    2. You may ONLY catch the first Pokemon in each new route.
    3. No healing items outside of battle

Optional rules
    3. No switching between opponents pokemon
    4. Poison down to 1hp = Faint
    5. No buying pokeballs
    6. Make your own rule if you want

Just started mine something like this

Picked Chikorita (named Orita)
    Found and caught Sentret (route 29 named Fodder)
    Found and fainted first wild Ratatta with crit! (route 46)
    Found and caught Weedle (route 30 named Beedle)
    Lost Beedle to a critting Pidgey (D:

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • Seems like a really hard challenge, would do it, but im not restarting, maybe on another game or rom.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I think it's abused a bit... There are only so many Pokeballs you can find. Next thing you know, you have to release your starter Pokemon.

Meh, I guess people just love almost impossible challenges.

Theodore Bruno

ADORABLOODTHIRSTY
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2011
    This just now got here? Man, I love those comics.

I started it couple days ago. Not too far into it. Haven't lost anything yet, but then again, I just made it to the forest in Emerald.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • So what if you get whited out, do you just have to start over? xD Could you imagine having like 3 pokemon at decent levels, and you get whomped by someone and bam, game over? lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2013
    So what if you get whited out, do you just have to start over? xD Could you imagine having like 3 pokemon at decent levels, and you get whomped by someone and bam, game over? lol

Yea your supposed to but im not sure if i'd have the guts to do that.

Theodore Bruno

ADORABLOODTHIRSTY
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2011
    So what if you get whited out, do you just have to start over? xD Could you imagine having like 3 pokemon at decent levels, and you get whomped by someone and bam, game over? lol
    From what I understand if you white out you either start over or better hope you have more Pokemon in your box.
    EDIT: Also, it's funner if you nickname your Pokemon. You get more attached to them.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • Almost the best strategy for this would to just massivly level one pokemon lol, like pick your starter and only use it, odds are your not going to die as you will be massivly higher over everyone.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2013
    Almost the best strategy for this would to just massivly level one pokemon lol, like pick your starter and only use it, odds are your not going to die as you will be massivly higher over everyone.

That might work but I believe it would cause difficulties later in the game such as gym leaders its weak against and explosion

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • That might work but I believe it would cause difficulties later in the game such as gym leaders its weak against and explosion
    As long as you tought it moves to cover its weakness's, the fact that your level would probably double or more then everyone else would compinsate.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • This seems an interesting and difficult challenge, heh. But I'll remind you to talk about the challenge only instead of these comics, please. =P

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
  • Well to get good pokemon with this all you have to do is buy a ton of repels and find entei and raikou and capture them, also kinda annoying if you fail in the Elite 4 and your done for good...

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • Well to get good pokemon with this all you have to do is buy a ton of repels and find entei and raikou and capture them, also kinda annoying if you fail in the Elite 4 and your done for good...
    You could do that along with raise just your starter, so by the time your at e4 your team would be like
    Starter - lvl 50-60
    Entei - lvl 40-45
    Raiku - Lvl 40-45
    Ho-ho/Lugia lvl 45-50

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • Seems tough. You'd have to grind majorly on weaker pokemon. and have tonnes of healing items for in battle. I might try it one day, but at the moment I'm trying to fill my diamond pokedex while I wait for heartgold to arrive in the mail. And when I get that, I'm going to be doing an eevee run (eevee's evolutions)

Jesh

M E M O R I E S
    Years
  • So... it's like Fire Emblem with Pokemon? :D

So doing this after my first playthrough.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back