• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blast to the Past - A B/W OU Tournament! [Won by Forever]

Years
    • Seen today

With Gen VII on the horizon and Gen VI close to becoming history, it's probably a good time to take a look at the last generation change. That's right, we're taking a trip to B2/W2!

Rules:
    • Battle on the PokéCommunity Battle Server.
    • Best of three format.
    • Single Elimination.
    • Post replays in your win or loss post.
    • PM me teams so that I can check for eligibility. If you use an illegal team in battle, I will give the win to your opponent.
    • Seeding will be done randomly each round.

Clauses:
    • Species Clause - A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same National Pokédex number on a team.
    • Sleep Clause - A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
    • Evasion Clause - A Pokemon may not have the moves Double Team or Minimize in its moveset.
    • OHKO Clause - A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
    • Moody Clause - A team cannot have a Pokemon with the ability Moody.
    • Baton Pass Clause - A team cannot have more than one Pokemon with the move Baton Pass. A Pokemon with the move Baton Pass cannot have both a method of boosting its Speed and a method of boosting any other stats.
    In addition,

• A team cannot have any of the Pokemon found in the following tiers: Ubers.
    • A team cannot have a Pokemon with any of the following abilities: Sand Veil and Snow Cloak.
    • A team cannot have the Pokemon Latias or Latios with the hold item Soul Dew on their team.
    • Using both a Pokemon with Drizzle and a Pokemon with Swift Swim on the same team is banned.

Note that in this tournament, you can use Sand Rush and Chlorophyll alongside Sand Stream and Drought respectively.

This means you must follow these instructions:
    When challenging, battle with the format: [Gen 5] Ubers. This will allow you to bypass the "no weather ability + weather speed boost" rule for Sun and Sand teams

Current list of entrants (+ Battle Server Username):
    1. Aurora (Aurora)
    2. Pelipper_Zachary (StaraptorZachary)
    3. Kostas (Kwstaspaokara)
    4. Volpe Artica (rabiNOv)
    5. ShanWow (Shan of the Dead) Dropped Out
    6. Noa (Noa)
    7. Forever (skylight)
    8. Lugarugan (CatmanDaTrainer)
    9. Sam1994 (blackcharizard94)

Round 1 Results:
    Spoiler:

Round 2 Results:
    Spoiler:

Finals Results:
    Spoiler:

Congratulations to Forever for winning the tournament!

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Name that you'll be battling with: skylight (if I remember the PW)
    Timezone: GMT +10

I'd have preferred B2W2 NU but this is cool too!!

Years
    • Seen today
    Just a friendly reminder that sign-ups do close in about 30 hours, and we could really use a few more participants (so that, you know, 7 people don't get a first round bye).

Thanks!

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ou-458077912
    https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ou-458084020
    https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ou-458086213

Won first one, got haxed second one, and lost third one fair and square. GGs Nica (she had to use 'Frizy' because she doesn't know the password to 'skylight', RIP)

Shoutouts to OUTL Finchinator (who has no idea that I exist, nor any idea that I am posting this shoutout) for the teams (which are publicly available in the Smogon team showcase)!!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    good job aurora it was fun battling is cools :)

used one of frizy's teams so shoutout to him???????? but why shoutout on here when i can literally SHOUT OUT?

BUT YES GOOD GAME YO.

Back