• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Totodile is part Dragon right??

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Inspired by Pokemon's Facebook! All three of the Johto starters evolve into single type Pokemon - Fire, Grass, Water respectively, whereas in later generations more and more starter Pokemon get to be dual typed.

So with that said: If you could add an extra type to the Johto starters or their evolutions what would it be? How would it make the games easier?

Hmmm Typhlosion could be Normal/Fire, Totodile Dragon/Water and Meganium... not sure. What do you guys think?

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
  • I would see Totodile as more of a Water/Dark imo. It more closely represents a crocodile than anything else, and Feraligatr has a little bit of a sinister look in its eyes...
    Meganium would without a doubt be Grass/Fairy and I think it's hard to give Typhlosion a 2nd typing... so slapping on normal is pretty chill

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    Same as GreenLegend, a Dark/Water typing would be best. If not then Water/Fighting maybe. Meganium is a pure Grass type pokemon, I can't see any feature on it that would lean it to a second type, same goes for Typhlosion.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2017
    I like them as pure-typed Pokemon, ironically it's make them much more interesting for me.
    But if i would need to choose -
    Feraligatr as Water/Dark, Crocodiles and Alligators are not dragons.
    Typhlosion as... Fire/Ground? It would need some major moveset changes, but Honeybadgers are pretty good in digging holes so yeah.
    Meganium... Do we count Fairy-type or just types available in gen II? Grass/Fairy is legit, but overall is good with Mono-Grass.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I see totodile line more Water/ Dragon than Water/Dark. Water/Dragon is a better type combo too.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    I would see Totodile as more of a Water/Dark imo. It more closely represents a crocodile than anything else, and Feraligatr has a little bit of a sinister look in its eyes...
    Meganium would without a doubt be Grass/Fairy and I think it's hard to give Typhlosion a 2nd typing... so slapping on normal is pretty chill

Feraligatr is by all means water/dark. its got the traits of a dark type. hell, even its signature move is either crunch or bite just going by the pokedex talking about it ripping up other pokemon with its teeth
    When it bites with its massive and powerful jaws, it shakes its head and savagely tears its victim up.
    so yes, its just like berserk mega lucario in that regard.
    E33qcVq.gif

Typhlosion would be rock/fire or ground/fire given that its volcano based

Meganium seems more like a grass/psychic to me.

if any grass type should be changed to grass/fairy it should be celebi
    hell, celebi(along side mew, jirachi, manaphy & victini) have been regarded as legendary fairies since before fairy type was even a thing.
    interesting to note that these 5 can be regarded as representing each of the chinese elements
    mew=earth
    celebi=wood
    jirachi=metal
    manaphy=water
    victini=fire

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I like Water/Dragon for Totodile just because I always breed Dragon Dance onto mine. Though I admit that Water/Dark makes more sense.

Grass/Fairy makes sense for Chikorita, but pure Fire seems like the only way to go for Cyndaquil.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Omg :( Now I'm so conflicted haha. Totodile would fit Dragon and Dark perfectly, you guys are so right! However I think it's more Dark - if it was a Dragon... that would be weird because it is a crocodile/alligator and they're like dinosaurs, not dragons.

So yeah actually I think I'm team Dark/Dragon.

For Meganium if it WAS Grass/Fairy it might be a bit more useful in the game.

...too bad there isn't a Dinosaur type :(

Back