• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Since I finally got my hands on a copy of this 2-3 weeks ago, thought I'd remake this thread! I hope you guys are still playing - there's still so much to explore and talk about with Breath of the Wild. :)

Have you finished the main story/how far are you in the main questline? Or are you putting that on hold for now and just exploring Hyrule on your own? I've definitely been doing more of the latter - I love open world games so much and to see a LoZ game give you this kind of freedom is amazing.

Years
  • I got this game about 3 weeks ago (Wii U), and I've been playing it so much it since. Right now I've taken back the four divine beasts, and I'm getting ready to go to hyrule castle. I really love the openness of this game, and I've spent a lot of my time just exploring the land looking for shrines and other stuff.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I've had the game for the Switch for a couple months, but only now have I gotten around to actually putting in serious time. 75 hours in and I've completed the four Divine Beasts and acquired the Master Sword as well. Took awhile to get use to the stamina and weapon breaking system, but it grew on me. I still refuse to use a lot of the rarer weapons though and just have them displayed in my house instead, lol. Didn't think an open world Zelda could work, but they did it and its beautiful!

I just hate when it rains!

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I got the game shortly after release but I have not went to slay Ganon yet. D: This is because I want to find all of the shrines first, with no help from the internet. :O I still have a bunch left to find haha.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • No way could I do that. I only have about 50 shrines completed and I've had to look up the solution for quite a few them, lol. No guide for the Korok seeds which is why I probably only have about 30. I'm no completionist though so I'm not insane enough to collect all 900 (yikes)

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I'm usually a completionist but I have to draw the line somewhere. And in BotW's case, this is the Koroks. I'll hunt down every shrine guideless, but I won't even try to get the Koroks, guide or otherwise. I've gotten quite a bit just from random exploring though. ^_^

Years
  • Played the game blind over the course of a few months, surprisingly nothing was spoiled for me despite me taking my sweet time.

I ended up finishing at 150 Hours, all the shrines completed, all the armour fully upgraded, 589 korok seeds, 500 apples.

After you get all the upgrades the extra korok seeds are pointless but I couldn't help myself whenever I saw a spot where a korok was clearly hiding I would go and get it anyway, most of the time they were just along the way or at the destination of wherever my curiosity took me. I at least enjoyed dropping heavy things on them.

Good game, though some things like lynels were hyped up too much for how simple they are in practice. The game generally wasn't hard outside of the first few hours of adjusting to the controls thanks to infinitely respawning fairies (and by extension the other thing that works like a fairy but recharges), some simple cooking combinations being really useful (full health restore, +3 attack boost) and enemy ai being pretty one-dimensional. The real meat was the map itself even if it's pretty empty in some areas, the parts with lots of stuff to find were really nice.

Sir Codin

I got the Switch version of it a while ago, but I've been busy playing other things.

LUXIOtheBEST2

*Luxio//Hacks*'s New Account... again
    Years
  • This game..... This game is one of the best Zelda game yet. I really love the open world features and I also love clothing and swords options. I would recommend anyone to play this game.

Foreigner55

Most definetly a chicken nugget
    Years
  • I finished the main story about a week ago and now I'm working my way through the dlc. Well, I will be anyways. I still can't get very far in the TotS abut I got a lot of the other items in the dlc.

Back