• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Pokémon Legends Arceus

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I didn't care about Gen 4 remakes before and I still don't now, but Pokemon Legends looks for now like it has the right mixture of doing something different and keeping it the same that there's a possibility it might be good. It depends a lot on the execution, though, and all we really know so far is they've shown enough intact mechanical identity to warrant not dismissing it out of hand just yet. I'm on the lookout for the "but" that leads me to dropping it as hard as I did Conquest when I found out each character only had one Pokemon with one move, though.

To be honest I don't have a lot of confidence in your argument when you complain about mediocre open-world games but say straight-out that you didn't enjoy one of the best ones released to date. I'm not claiming Breath of the Wild is the second coming of Christ, but it's far from a mediocre addition to a mediocre industry trend.

Looks promising, my biggest gripe with it is that they are STILL using the 3D spites from gen 6, from 10 years ago. If they could update the sprites, this would be a sell for me.
    There's no such thing as "3D sprites". There's also no realistic way they can update 3D models with the kind of cadence they updated sprites in the 2D games (which was still a lot slower than you think) - on top of just how dang many of them there are now, making 3D models just takes longer. I'll be happy if they fix the models which suck because of Sky Battles (looking at you, Xatu).

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2021
    It has given me a reason to live through this year.

More seriously, I was thrilled by the trailer. I was a little underwhelmed by the remakes (or remasters?), which only contributed to how excited I was at what followed. As a historian, the setting and aesthetic enthral me (do not get me started on those gorgeous Poké Balls). Cyndaquil, Oshawott and Rowlet are my favourite starters from their own generations, and Infernape is my favourite Pokémon in the franchise. I also just generally enjoy open world games. If that trailer was an accurate depiction of how it looks now, I am optimistic - they have a year to polish it, after all.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I didn't want to make an entire new thread, since it isn't big enough, but I really want to give them credit for, most likely, using Professor Oak's Pokeball from Pokemon 4Ever as a concept for the poke ball in Arceus. Perhaps that gives us a better indicator for when this takes place? Maybe about 100 years before Prof. Oak was born.

Years
  • I'll be honest, it's given me a reason to live through this year too. To me it looks amazing, but that's just my personal opinion. Everyone has the right to their own personal opinion. The only reason I ask for a National Dex in this game is so I can FINALLY port all my Pokemon from Ultra Moon, Let's Go Pikachu, and Sword to this one...then sell Let's Go Pikachu and Sword for better Switch/3DS games. That's....my......only......HOPE! Okay, now that we got that cleared out of the way....as for the gameplay, I just hope TPC/Gamefreak don't mess it up. It's on your shoulders now devs.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2021
    There's no such thing as "3D sprites". There's also no realistic way they can update 3D models with the kind of cadence they updated sprites in the 2D games (which was still a lot slower than you think) - on top of just how dang many of them there are now, making 3D models just takes longer. I'll be happy if they fix the models which suck because of Sky Battles (looking at you, Xatu).

Pokemon is one of the largest media franchises on the planet, I don't want excuses. If there are too many Pokemon, cut them again, that's already been done, I am tired of the lifeless bobbing.

Back