• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that are over exposed

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    While most people would pick the obvious Charizard, I think that the gen 1 starters as a whole are a little bit too prevalent as of the recent generations. They all got Mega Evolutions and they all got Gigantamax forms. Compare that to the gen 2, 4 or 5 starters, who basically got nothing for the last couple generations (the gen 3 ones at least got time to shine in ORAS+Megas).

Gyarados feels like it's basically everywhere, as well. Maybe it's because Magikarp is so easy to put into a game as that stereotypical weak Pokemon that gets really strong once it evolves?

There's the obvious Pikachu/Eevee craze, but that's most likely just marketing at its finest. Never would I have imagined Eevee becoming a series maskot, though...

I'd like to see some more gen 2 representation. Those Pokemon are historically very underpowered and a lot of them are very close to be forgettable, partly because of it.

Years
  • What are Pokemon you think have received "over exposure" as in, Pokemon you think we've seen promoted too much?

Please be more creative than "Charizard" "Lucario" and "Kanto" thank you.

But Lucario IS my answer. Asking me to be more creative when talking about something that has "over exposure" seems strange... Do you not want that answer because you like Lucario? I am not going to not give my honest answer lol. I don't like Lucario and I am sick of seeing it. It sucks, evolving by friendship from a baby Mon is a terrible idea and the furry-esque dog type bipedal Pokemon make me cringe.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • But Lucario IS my answer. Asking me to be more creative when talking about something that has "over exposure" seems strange... Do you not want that answer because you like Lucario? I am not going to not give my honest answer lol. I don't like Lucario and I am sick of seeing it. It sucks, evolving by friendship from a baby Mon is a terrible idea and the furry-esque dog type bipedal Pokemon make me cringe.

I just think saying Lucario is uncreative when there's plenty of other Pokemon out there besides it that are overexposed. I don't want this thread to just be people saying "Kanto. Lucario".

It has nothing to do with my feelings on the matter. I'm indifferent to Lucario, by the way.

Years
  • I just think saying Lucario is uncreative when there's plenty of other Pokemon out there besides it that are overexposed. I don't want this thread to just be people saying "Kanto. Lucario".

It has nothing to do with my feelings on the matter. I'm indifferent to Lucario, by the way.

That's fine but if it is someones opinion, it really shouldn't be discouraged either. For the sake of the discussion I will expand on Lucario though! I am going to say all dog-like Pokemon. I think it has been pretty played out since Houndoom. Arcanine, in my opinion, was the first and best dog type and everything after has really just been an attempt to sell mechandise to a specific group of fans.

Last edited:

Empoleon671

不要
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    gen 3 starters....

landorous-t is everywhere in competitive

tyranitar now... its still one of my favorites

Years
    • He/Him
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Right now I'm going to have to go with the three legendary birds. While I am a HUGE fan of them, I feel they're always being implemented in some type of way and it can get tiring sometimes. It may just be the whole Kanto region, but I'm not sure. I would love to see more trio legends get shown some love.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2021
    It has seemed to me that Blaziken and Charizard get all the buffs and new toys, while the rest of the fire type starters are left to languish a bit by comparison.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Gengar has been getting a bit too much love lately. A Gigantamax Form, Ash owning one, a portable bed, and now a PokéToon focusing on it? That's strange,
    Spoiler:

I will give the PokéToon credit, though, because I don't think I've seen a Gengar express anything other than a teeth-baring grin or frown before.

Years
  • Piplup has been getting a lot of attention. So much that there's an entire official Pokémon Twitter account dedicated to it called Project Piplup. I guess it's leading up to something but what about the other Sinnoh starters? ❤️

Back