• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] "The Dando Cafe" ✧NEW✧ A Monster Hunter Club

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Monster Hunter Club
    ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚The Dango Cafe!˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆
    R90fae829e363e04942d78b944769e576
    icon-type-palico.png
    dango_by_yume_fran-d5tvcg5.png

WELCOME

What's up! Welcome to the NEW *REBANDED* MONSTER HUNTER CLUB: THE DANGO CAFE since I managed to irreversibly break the old one. I carted the living hell out of that thread by using polls lol. ANYWAY, the more you make posts here, the more your own Hunter Ranks increases. I tried to transfer ranks as best as I could from the old thread.

The Monster Hunter (モンスターハンター) franchise is a series of fantasy-themed action role-playing video games developed and published by Capcom. The player takes the role of a Hunter, slaying or trapping large monsters across various landscapes as part of quests given to them by the locals. As part of its core gameplay loop, players use loot gained from slaying monsters, gathering resources, and quest rewards to craft improved weapons, armor, and other items that allows them to face more powerful monsters.

Remember, all PC rules apply here!

• Name:
    • Weapon Main:
    • Currently Playing:

OPTIONAL:
    • In-Game Name:
    • Hunter Rank:
    • Friendcode:
    • What Monster we think you represent lol

MEMBERS

Fairy HR 3

bobandbill HR 0

Midnight Umbreon HR 1

Dawn HR 2

Kasreygan HR 1

Nah HR 0

Janp HR 0

xSmokeMusicx HR 0

Frequency HR 0

the_fast_reader HR 0

an illegible mess. HR 0

Venia Silente HR 0

Pantalaimon HR 0

Sheep HR 0

Monster Hunter Quest

WELCOME

So yeah, about that.. apparently you cannot just change a poll by altering all of its variables. From hence forth, during either deliberate or casual conversation, you will be assigned a monster. THIS IS JUST FOR FUN. However, as always, we have rules:

> Remember, all PC rules apply here!
    > You do NOT have to be a member of the club to join in as a participant or vote.
    > If your forum name/status has changed, let me know and I'll update.
    > Everyone who has posted in this thread is automatically included; the sign up sheet is strictly for users who are NOT members but still curious.
    > You can find more information about Monsters here.
    > Small monsters are also allowed (Kelbi, Felyne, Vespoid, Ludroth, etc)
    > Voting is casual and has no formality.
    > If you HATE the monster you've been given no worries I'll just change it lol.

• Name:
    • Preferred Monster

MEMBERS & MONSTERS

Fairy
    Mizutune
    [img]http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/monsterhunter/images/2/23/MHGen-Mizutsune_Icon.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/60?cb=20160703010409[/img]
    bobandbill
    Pukei-Pukei
    [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/monsterhunter/images/b/b5/MHW-Pukei-Pukei_Icon.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/62?cb=20181007032654[/img]
    Midnight Umbreon
    Melynx
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/jrGPq4s.png[/img]
    Dawn
    Lunastra
    [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/monsterhunter/images/1/18/FrontierGen-Lunastra_Icon.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/62?cb=20160325040723[/img]
    Dusk
    Teostra
    [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/mogapedia/images/8/8c/MHST-Teostra_Icon.png/revision/latest?cb=20171016182118&path-prefix=fr[/img]

Lumina
    Kasreygan]
    Silverwind Nargacuga
    [img]https://th.bing.com/th/id/Rbdbfd3f8e7de1e70f7eef5af701e621f?rik=L1pCqQlzoBYWZA&riu=http%3a%2f%2fvignette4.wikia.nocookie.net%2fmonsterhunter%2fimages%2f3%2f36%2fMHGen-Silverwind_Nargacuga_Icon.png%2frevision%2flatest%2fscale-to-width-down%2f62%3fcb%3d20161219021240&ehk=SWKgG8r51q0He09v7%2bh5MvauO0NhYoCBORd2jUZaz%2bM%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw[/img]

Bidoof FTW
    Nah
    Shagaru Magala
    [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/monsterhunter/images/a/a7/MH4U-Shagaru_Magala_Icon.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/62?cb=20161212025057[/img]

Janp
    xSmokeMusicx
    Frequency
    the_fast_reader
    an illegible mess.
    Venia Silente
    Lao-Shan Lung
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/nUbYouV.png[/img]

Pantalaimon
    Morika
    Sheep
    Moofah
    [img]https://fanonmonsterhunter.fandom.com/wiki/File:Moofah_Icon_by_Jeremiah_V10.png[/img]

Squirtlenator

art by TheInvisiblessed and cyl1981
    css by fairy

MONSTER HUNTER CLUB QUEST #2: FAN WORKS
    TBA

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    So.... uhhh....

Hi everyone! Enough of the thread was saved so everyone who was before is still listed as a member but..

no more polls.

ever.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    good to have the thread back

What's everyone been doing lately in MH?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Ahahahhh yeah, that was my bad. But we're still moving forward with our little monster assignment quest via post or (as Megan suggested) strawpoll! Hope you like Shagaru Magala, Nah lmao. For real tho I can change it to whatever you want. (。'▽'。)♡

As for what's been going down in MH, I've reached my first Rampage quest in Rise after finishing every other possible quest aha ...I'm lowkey putting it off, so y'all got any tips?

I'm still playing MHGU regularly, but using Guild style when I remember, just for Rise prep. I am so, so, so, close to 100%ing all of those regional achievements. And all my Deviants are at EX except for... you guessed it... Yian Garuga and Rathalos. (¬д¬。)

No interest in Stories 2 lol.

What about everyone else?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ahahahhh yeah, that was my bad. But we're still moving forward with our little monster assignment quest via post or (as Megan suggested) strawpoll! Hope you like Shagaru Magala, Nah lmao. For real tho I can change it to whatever you want. (。'▽'。)♡

As for what's been going down in MH, I've reached my first Rampage quest in Rise after finishing every other possible quest aha ...I'm lowkey putting it off, so y'all got any tips?

I'm still playing MHGU regularly, but using Guild style when I remember, just for Rise prep. I am so, so, so, close to 100%ing all of those regional achievements. And all my Deviants are at EX except for... you guessed it... Yian Garuga and Rathalos. (¬д¬。)

No interest in Stories 2 lol.

What about everyone else?
    Shagaru is fine =)

If you're at your very first Rampage quest in Rise, it should be the tutorial one, which will explain some stuff to you, but to give a few other tips:
    1) Monsters are divided into three groups: red, blue, and green. The blue ones are the ones you want to focus on the most, since they beeline for your barricades and gates, and you don't want those going down quicker than they have to. The others can be annoying though.
    2) When a Counter Signal is active, that's the time to start hitting the monsters with your weapons instead of the artillery, you do massive damage when it's up.
    3) Take advantage of wyvern riding/mounting whenever you can, the monster can do a lot of damage to the other ones, and will immediately retreat once the riding/mount is over.

If you want, I could help you with the Deadeye and Dreadking questlines, it'll be more tolerable not doing it solo.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I may take you up on that lol.

But! We're still on our current quest! Polling every member as a monster! And it's Marcin's turn! I just put Pukei-Pukei for fun but you should get a proper poll.

bobandbill's monster avatar

https://strawpoll.com/zd59v1754
    VOTE NOW

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Good to see the thread is back, for a given value of "thread" and for a given value of "back" lol. Also, as a lazy nappy dragon assigned-at-thread, s'up everyone I've been lazying about while playing Rise.

> bobandbill's monster avatar
    ooooh I'm in.

...Also, I kinda lied.

I have not been lazy like a good dragon.

I kind of did a thing... regarding the poems in the old thread. And I published it, though it's still ongoing. "Ode to the Third World: The Unfought" is my collection of ode drabbles, now being posted to AO3. Will also cross-post them to PC's FF&W once I get some more clean time to work on the bbcode.

Rise-wise, I just cleared HR6 and am in the middle of HR7, though at the moment hit a wall in the form of monke. Also, I'm supposed to nab a Pukei-Pukei part for a subquest, but for some reasn I have not been able to get that drop, not even with a Gathering Palico. Still, I got 4 Zinogre plates in one hunt (Thank You Based Cat!).

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Man... this thread was in total chaos I hope y'all didn't see what a shit show it was lmaooo. And sorry for the post count everyone lost as a result.

Just to clarify some rules!

Since there's sort of no way for a truly democratic vote here, I'm going to have the final say on all votes when it comes to what monsters are chosen and tie breaking. But! Any opinions will be put in as an option.

Members who are no longer participating / on PC will automatically get Palico roles.

Also like, why should I not have to face a vote? So I'll hold one for myself later. Someone here might be a better Mizutsune than me!

Venia, when you're done with your collection, I'll be sure to place it in a future third section I'll be adding to be main post dedicated to fan related works. :)

Venia Silente

Years
  • Also like, why should I not have to face a vote? So I'll hold one for myself later. Someone here might be a better Mizutsune than me!
    Everyone gets to be a Mizutsune! o3o

Venia, when you're done with your collection, I'll be sure to place it in a future third section I'll be adding to be main post dedicated to fan related works. :)
    Thanks! That might take a time, I've been drawing a blank at Gigginox for days. Also someone reminded me that Gobul exists... >_>

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Okay, as a tiebreaker for bobandbill, I've decided to stay with Pukei-Pukei. Marcin, you're free to contest the results.

Let's do... Dawn next!

Spoiler:

Which MH Monster is Dawn?

https://strawpoll.com/au9wwsu8d
    VOTE NOW

Remember! Votes are anonymous, you can make multiple votes, and you do not need to be a part of the Club to participate!

Venia Silente

Years
  • Voted and voted.

So, I released a new ode for my odes collection: Thunderous Ruler of the Seas, Lagiacrus. I have yet to upload Deviljho and Amatsu that I have, since I want to keep a buffer around for stable publication plus Amatsu needs some reworking.

While these are being published in AO3 as its main, would anyone have issue with me publishing them also in FF&W given the very short formatting?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Looks like we're giving Dawn Lunastra! Congratulations! One of my favorite Elders. <3

pkmin3033

If I am Lunastra (and I suppose I'm at least as frustrating as that thing, haha) then Dusk is Teostra, we match in all things~

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    By overwhelming vote, Dusk is Teostra lmao. You totally called it, Dawn.

So which MH Monster is Fairy?

https://strawpoll.com/jxp3cwzk2
    VOTE NOW
    Remember! Votes are anonymous, you can make multiple votes, and you do not need to be a part of the Club to participate!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Well, it's a draw between Mizu and Dredqueen for me. Guess ya'll was right, I'm a bubbly Mizutsune through and through! (Except when I'm a toxic, fire breathing wyvern lol).

Midnight Umbreon hasn't been online since January 16th, 2021, so he and any other inactive members who haven't logged on in three months automatically become Melynx.

EDIT I MESSED UP KASREYGAN'S POLL GO VOTE AGAIN

Spoiler:

So which MH Monster is Kasreygan?

https://strawpoll.com/1jaqca776
    VOTE NOW

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The stream for the 3.0 Rise update+another MHST2 trailer is gonna start in 20-25 minutes:

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I love the little Dragon Cohoot outfit so much omg. But I'm not buying MHS2 just to get some armor or whatever. Juice ain't worth the squeeze imo.

pkmin3033

Finally, Astalos confirmed for Stories 2. Best Fated Four member getting some much-needed rep <3

Is it bad that I am just not even remotely motivated to play Rise, despite one of my favourite monsters now being in it? It's just...not very engaging. I had this issue with World as well - MH has turned into a series of basic ARPGs, and I think after putting so much time into MHGU I'm just...burned out.

Back