• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Bleach and the Thousand Year Blood War

Years
  • Hello! I have been a big Bleach fan since about 2008 and I was really bummed out when the anime was ended with the Xcution arc. Don't get me wrong, I really liked the arc and a lot of characters introduced in it, namely Tsukishima, Kugo, and Riruka, but it was not a satisfying way to end an amazing story. Cut to last year when they announced that the anime would finally be finished! After 8 years of waiting, I, and many other fans, were incredibly excited.

We haven't heard much since as far as a release date but I am assuming it will be late Autumn or Winter before it begins to release. Do we have any other Bleach fans here and how excited are you all for the show to finally get the ending is deserves?

Years
  • I liked Bleach. I had no idea a new season was coming =o
    Wouldn't really call myself a big fan I guess. Thought it was done and didn't keep up with it at all 😅

Years
  • I liked Bleach. I had no idea a new season was coming =o
    Wouldn't really call myself a big fan I guess. Thought it was done and didn't keep up with it at all 😅

That's fair, I think most people thought that it WAS done. I never thought we would see it continued to be honest.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I believe there were some hints that it might come out winter of 2021? I'm very excited for the resurgence of bleach. It was my favorite show back in my high school days, winning out even over Naruto despite the way that the manga ended. There is a good chance that Kubo will rework how it all played out now that he's not being rushed to finish the series, so there's some hope there that it'll be a good finale to the series' anime.

Years
  • I got in the Bleach fairly late in 2011/2012, but kept up with the manga until the end. I hope Kubo will have enough time to write the proper ending. I remember him mentioning in some interview in 2016 that he still needs about a year and a half to finish the series. And like a month after that interview, Shonen Jump announced that Bleach is ending in 2 months.

Years
  • I got in the Bleach fairly late in 2011/2012, but kept up with the manga until the end. I hope Kubo will have enough time to write the proper ending. I remember him mentioning in some interview in 2016 that he still needs about a year and a half to finish the series. And like a month after that interview, Shonen Jump announced that Bleach is ending in 2 months.

I thought the Manga had a conclusion? Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I binge watched all of the Bleach anime and finished it in May. From what I can gather, I think 1,000 year blood war arc will probably be coming out in 2022. I hope, anyway. Since anime expo lite is happening right now, it could be entirely possible we'll get an update about that soon.

Years
  • I binge watched all of the Bleach anime and finished it in May. From what I can gather, I think 1,000 year blood war arc will probably be coming out in 2022. I hope, anyway. Since anime expo lite is happening right now, it could be entirely possible we'll get an update about that soon.

The last update that I saw last year said it was coming this year although, Covid could have delayed it for sure. Did you watch the fillers also when you binged it?

Years
  • I actually forgot about this until stumbling across this thread haha. But yeah, I loved Bleach back in the day so I will definitely be watching this!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • The last update that I saw last year said it was coming this year although, Covid could have delayed it for sure. Did you watch the fillers also when you binged it?

Yes, I watched the entire thing, all 366 episodes, filler included.

I do think covid probably did delay the production of the anime. But, I am confident it will release by the end of next year.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Yes, I watched the entire thing, all 366 episodes, filler included.

You're a champ. I loved Bleach and have been through it around 4 or 5 times in total, but even then there's a couple filler arcs that I readily admit almost made me stop watching a couple of times.

Years
  • Yes, I watched the entire thing, all 366 episodes, filler included.

I do think covid probably did delay the production of the anime. But, I am confident it will release by the end of next year.

Nice! I liked most of the filler, didn't like the more fan service ones though. I really liked the, The New Captain Shusuke Amagai, arc.

You're a champ. I loved Bleach and have been through it around 4 or 5 times in total, but even then there's a couple filler arcs that I readily admit almost made me stop watching a couple of times.

Yeah the bount arc is the only one I skip over... and sometimes Muramasa...

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Nice! I liked most of the filler, didn't like the more fan service ones though. I really liked the, The New Captain Shusuke Amagai, arc.

Yeah the bount arc is the only one I skip over... and sometimes Muramasa...

Ah see, I liked the bount arc actually. Muramasa bit was cool for seeing the forms of the swords and new captain shusuke Amagai arc had some cool stuff in it. Gotei 13 invasion arc was kind of meh. I did like that they kept the secondary souls throughout and worked them into Canon content as well even after they'd played their part in their main arc.

Years
  • Ah see, I liked the bount arc actually. Muramasa bit was cool for seeing the forms of the swords and new captain shusuke Amagai arc had some cool stuff in it. Gotei 13 invasion arc was kind of meh. I did like that they kept the secondary souls throughout and worked them into Canon content as well even after they'd played their part in their main arc.

The voice acting in the Bount arc really bothered me so I actually never finished ha. I agree seeing the sword forms was cool but, beyond that, the story line never really gripped me.

Back