• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Torkoal

Years
  • Okay so ever since I randomly threw this guy out for the counter game, I've actually been kind of curious about it. Originally in PU I'm wondering the addition of Drought when combined with a massive Defense and good utility moves might make it more useful in higher tiers.

I'm not sure where it is in usage stats right now but I'd love thoughts from people anyway.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I personally think Mega Charizard Y has better synergy with other sun abusers.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I personally think Mega Charizard Y has better synergy with other sun abusers.

I think you'd have to be mad to disagree with that. Zard-Y is definitely going to be the go to for sun in OU. When I said higher tiers, I just meant higher than PU where Torkoal sat through Gen 6. I don't remember the weather rules for lower tiers, but if weather is legal I can certainly see it rising higher.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I think you'd have to be mad to disagree with that. Zard-Y is definitely going to be the go to for sun in OU. When I said higher tiers, I just meant higher than PU where Torkoal sat through Gen 6. I don't remember the weather rules for lower tiers, but if weather is legal I can certainly see it rising higher.

I do believe Drought and Drizzle was banned on lower tiers last gen. If they aren't going to do the same this gen, then I think Torkoal will settle fine in UU.

Back