• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CCFTW's adventure in Alola

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    After the fifth trial, I had to go to the Malie Garden again. This time, I met Guzma, the leader of Team Skull. I let my Toucannon deal with his Pokemon.

Afterwards, I battled the trainers on the bridge, and got a Big Nugget.

Then I went to Tapu Village. Along the way, Hapu registered Mudsdale in my Ride Pager.

I eventually reached Tapu Village, and had to go west. I entered the Aether House, and battled a child. Then Lillie got harassed by a Team Skull Grunt, and I also had to fight him.

Acerola turned out to be the sixth Trial Captain, and she told me to come to Route 14, to an abandoned supermarket. Time to prepare for the sixth trial.

Current team:
    Torracat
    Toucannon
    Araquanid
    Shiinotic
    Bewear
    Sandygast

Rotating team members:
    Pikachu
    Crabrawler
    Wishiwashi
    Mareanie
    Mudbray
    Fomantis

Pretty much retired:
    Diglett
    Slowpoke
    Makuhita
    Gigalith
    Charjabug

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    To prepare for the sixth trial, I caught a Sandshrew, and grinded my Diglett and Mudbray until they evolved. But with Mudbray, I delayed its evolution one level, so it could learn Heavy Slam early. I also caught a Shellder to deal with upcoming Dragon types.

Anyways, I went to the trial, and had to deal with a Gastly, a Haunter, and a Gengar. While my Torracat dealt with Gastly and Haunter, it was no match for Gengar, so I sent out Wishiwashi against it.

Then a Pokemon that looked like Pikachu came along, and it was Mimikyu! I first used my Dugtrio to slow it down, but Dugtrio fainted instantly, so I had to switch to Mudsdale while Mimikyu called a Haunter for help. Totem Mimikyu was pretty strong, and the Haunter used Hypnosis on my Mudsdale, so I had to use a Hyper Potion. But in the end, Mudsdale crushed Totem Mimikyu with Heavy Slam, and I let Wishiwashi deal with the Haunter.

I got the Ghostium Z, and went back to Route 15. Surprisingly, Team Skull stood in front of the Aether House, and I had to fight Plumeria again. My Pikachu struggled against her Golbat, because it got confused, but it still came through for me. After that, it was my Araquanid against her Salazzle, which was less of a struggle.

After the battle, it turned out that Team Skull has taken the Pokemon from the Aether House, and I have to follow them to Po Town. Luckily, I met Grimsley, who added Sharpedo to my Ride Pager, so that I can get to Po Town.

Current team:
    Torracat
    Pikachu
    Mareanie
    Araquanid
    Shiinotic
    Sandygast

Rotating team members:
    Sandshrew
    Toucannon
    Crabrawler
    Wishiwashi
    Mudsdale
    Fomantis
    Bewear

Pretty much retired:
    Dugtrio
    Slowpoke
    Makuhita
    Gigalith
    Charjabug

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    On the way to Po Town, my Pikachu learnt Discharge, and my Torracat finally evolved! I now have my favourite Gen 7 Pokemon, Incineroar! :D

Anyways, I reached Po Town, which was guarded by two Team Skull grunts. They wouldn't let me in, so I battled them, but they still refused to let me in. Then an old man came to help me get in.

I defeated all grunts in Po Town, and got an Ice Stone for my Sandshrew. At the end of Po Town, there was a Shady House, which I had to enter. Apparently, this was Team Skull's base of operations.

After dealing with all the grunts, I had to collect 3 passwords. I collected them, and answered the questions correctly, but surprisingly, I had to say no instead of yes at the very last question.

Eventually, I made it to Guzma's room, and battled him again with my Toucannon. I defeated him once more, then I retrieved the Pokemon from the Aether House, and collected a Buginium Z.

Afterwards, the old man who helped me in revealed himself to be Nanu, the uncle of Acerola. Either way, I returned to the Aether House and returned the Pokemon, but unfortunately, Lillie was gone. Also, Gladion arrived, and he had a new Pokemon with him. He sent out his Golbat, and I sent out my Pikachu. My Pikachu defeated his Golbat, but it got poisoned in the process and fainted as well.

His new Pokemon was a Sneasel, which got wrecked by my Incineroar. Then he sent out Type: Null, which fell to 2 Brick Breaks from my Bewear.

Now I have to go to the Aether Paradise again, because it seems that Lusamine is behind this.

Current team:
    Incineroar
    Toucannon
    Pikachu
    Araquanid
    Bewear
    Sandygast

Rotating team members:
    Sandshrew
    Crabrawler
    Wishiwashi
    Mareanie
    Mudsdale
    Fomantis
    Shiinotic

Pretty much retired:
    Dugtrio
    Slowpoke
    Makuhita
    Gigalith
    Charjabug

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Before heading to the Aether Paradise, I decided to catch a Cutiefly, train it, and train my Fomantis too. Additionally, I used the Ice Stone I got from Po Town on my Sandshrew. All of them evolved.

Then I was about to leave for the Aether Paradise, when Nanu came and turned out to be the Kahuna of Ula'ula. I defeated him, and got the Darkinium Z. Then I went to the Aether Paradise for the big showdown, alongside Hau, Lillie, and Gladion.

The Aether Foundation was indeed behind all of this. Even worse, Team Skull was in league with them all along. I used a lot of my Pokemon against them, including:
    Spoiler:

So I constantly hopped between the Aether Paradise and Malie City.

Eventually, I reached Lusamine, who used Cosmog to bring the Ultra Beasts to Alola, and I had to stop her. My Mareanie went up against her Clefable, and struggled quite a bit. Incineroar dealt with her Mismagius and Lilligant, Lurantis took down her Milotic, and I sent out my Bewear against her Bewear. I had mine use Baby-Doll Eyes 6 times, to prevent hers from doing much harm. Then, I had mine constantly use Brick Break, while hers used Take Down and Hammer Arm. Her Bewear almost took out mine, but mine hung on thanks to the effects of Poke Refresh, and defeated hers.

After her defeat, Lusamine disappeared in the Ultra Wormhole, along with the Ultra Beast and Guzma. Gladion apologized for being a jerk, Lillie changed her outfit, and Hau decided to train much harder. Also, Cosmog had evolved into Cosmoem. I went to Poni Island, along with Lillie.

In the Poni Wilds, I decided to train my Shiinotic, Mareanie, and Sandygast, and the last two evolved. I'm now a proud owner of a Toxapex and a Palossand.

At the end of the Poni Wilds, there was the Ancient Poni Path, where Hapu lived. Here, Machamp was added to my Ride Pager.

Current team:
    Incineroar
    Pikachu
    Toxapex
    Mudsdale
    Shiinotic
    Palossand

Rotating team members:
    Sandslash
    Toucannon
    Crabrawler
    Wishiwashi
    Araquanid
    Lurantis
    Bewear

Pretty much retired:
    Dugtrio
    Slowpoke
    Makuhita
    Gigalith
    Charjabug
    Ribombee

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    So anyways, I went to the Ruins of Hope, along with Lillie and Hapu. Here, Hapu praised their guardian, Tapu Fini, and revealed that her grandfather was once the Kahuna of Poni Island, until he passed away, so she took his place. She revealed that we needed the Moon Flute to return Cosmoem to normal.

We returned to the Seafolk Village, where we had a talk with their leader. He took us to Exeggutor Island, where the flute was.

After getting the flute, I trained my Pokemon. My Pikachu learnt Thunderbolt, and I decided to evolve it. Afterwards, I headed to the Vast Poni Canyon, but was stopped by Team Skull grunts. I defeated them, and then Plumeria approached me. But instead of fighting me, she gave me the Poisinium Z.

Afterwards, I headed into the Vast Poni Canyon, where I had to fight Hapu. It was tough, but I defeated her. Now my stroll into the Vast Poni Canyon begins! And I'm going to look for a Jangmo-o here.

Current team:
    Incineroar
    Toxapex
    Mudsdale
    Araquanid
    Palossand
    Sandslash

Rotating team members:
    Raichu
    Toucannon
    Crabrawler
    Wishiwashi
    Lurantis
    Shiinotic
    Bewear

Pretty much retired:
    Dugtrio
    Slowpoke
    Makuhita
    Gigalith
    Charjabug
    Ribombee

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Lately, I've made my way through the Vast Poni Canyon. Along the way, I caught a Jangmo-o with Bulletproof, trained it until it fully evolved, and trained my Shiinotic to finally have it learn Moonblast. I also found the TM for Dazzling Gleam, but now I don't have much need for it anymore.

On my way, I met Mina, who claimed she's sort of a trial captain, and gave me the Fairium Z. Then I went to challenge the last trial. I had to deal with a Jangmo-o and a Hakamo-o here. I used my Sandslash against Jangmo-o, and my Kommo-o against Hakamo-o.

Then I took the Dragonium Z from the pedestal, and Totem Kommo-o attacked. At first, I sent out my Raichu. Predicting Kommo-o would use Protect, I had my Raichu use Nasty Plot. However, Kommo-o used Clanging Scales instead, and Raichu narrowly survived it. Kommo-o called for help, and luckily, a Hakamo-o appeared, and not a Scizor. Either way, Raichu used Psychic against Kommo-o, but it survived, and Raichu got finished off itself instead. I let my Shiinotic take care of both Kommo-o and Hakamo-o.

That concluded the trial, and Lillie and I could go to the Altar of the Moone. Here, I played the Moon Flute, and Lillie played the Sun Flute. Then a strange light came from the altar, and Cosmoem was attracted to it and turned into Lunala, which took us to the Ultra Space to save Lusamine.

In the Ultra Space, I encountered Guzma once more, but this time, he acknowledged Lusamine's insanity as well. Either way, Lillie and I went straight to Lusamine, and she fused with an Ultra Beast named Nihilego. Then I had to battle her again, hoping to stop her once and for all.

I sent out my Toxapex against her Clefable once again. It was a bit of a struggle, but Toxapex stood strong. Incineroar dealt with her Lilligant, and got confused, but managed to come through for me. Then her Milotic came, and I sent my Shiinotic after it. It was kind of a stall war between the two, and I almost ran out of PP for Giga Drain. But at one point, Milotic had low HP, and no Safeguard up, and I decided to use Spore. Luckily for me, Milotic used Recover, allowing my Shiinotic to put it to sleep and finish it off. Then Incineroar knocked out her Mismagius swiftly, and I sent out my Kommo-o against her Bewear. Expecting Bewear to use Baby-Doll Eyes, I started off with Screech. However, Bewear only used Pain Split for some reason. This allowed my Kommo-o to get two Screeches off and knock Bewear out.

After the battle, the fusion was undone, and Lusamine fell. We left the Ultra Space, and Lusamine was taken to a hospital. Meanwhile, I had to catch Lunala.

After catching it, Nanu reached me, and offered to take me back to the Tapu Village, where the entrance to Mt. Lanakila is. I accepted his offer, and now I have to climb the mountain to reach the Pokemon League.

I'm planning to finish the game with this team:
    Incineroar
    Kommo-o
    Palossand
    Toxapex
    Shiinotic
    Alola Raichu

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm classiccartoonsftw, and I've defeated the Pokemon League today!

Spoiler:

And that concludes my adventure in Pokemon Moon. Overall, it was a fun ride. I really enjoyed the region, there was relaxing music, and there were plenty of exotic Pokemon.

Speaking of which, I had a lot of fun using Incineroar, Toucannon, Crabrawler, Ribombee, Mudsdale, Lurantis, Shiinotic, Wishiwashi, Araquanid, Bewear, Palossand, Kommo-o, and the Alolan forms of Raichu, Sandslash, and Dugtrio.

There were also Pokemon that I didn't get to use, but still grew to like. These include Decidueye, Crabominable, Midnight Lycanroc, Salazzle, Tsareena, Oranguru, Passimian, Golisopod, Turtonator, Mimikyu, the Tapus, and the Alolan forms of Ninetales, Exeggutor, and Marowak.

My favourite features include the story, the music, riding your Pokemon, the Festival Plaza, the Poke Pelago, Totem Pokemon instead of Gym Leaders, Lusamine, and most of all, the removal of HM's. And while I didn't get to experience Hyper Training, I thought it was a neat idea.

However, not everything was fun. Charjabug irritated me so much that I grew to hate it. Additionally, I grew to detest Lillipup. At first, it was the only one of its line that I could tolerate. But during my adventure in Pokemon Moon, it made my Fomantis faint a lot, used Baby-Doll Eyes frequently, and called for help one times too many, pushing it over the edge. Gumshoos is another Pokemon that I grew to dislike, because I don't like its design and the Gumshoos at Poni Island did huge chunks of damage to my Pokemon while I wanted to flee (which they didn't let me).

I also didn't like S.O.S. battles, because those were executed in a way that even Pokemon with full health could call for help, making the term S.O.S. lose its meaning. Other things that I didn't like include not being able to save between the Nihilego battle and the following battle with Hau, and not being able to save between the Kukui battle and the Tapu Koko battle.

With that said, my adventure in Alola is over. If we get a new Pokemon game in Alola, I'll make sure to start a new adventure there. But for now, goodbye!

Back