• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think Z moves are good for the meta?

Sirfetch’d

What do you feel Z moves bring to the metagame and do you feel they are a healthy addition?

Years
They bring a new dimension that can somewhat alter the strategies that can be implemented and the Pokemon that are viable but overall I don't think they either contribute to or detract from the health of the meta overly much.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
They add some ace-in-the-hole gambit tactics, giving you options like a coverage move that's actually super powerful, or a stab that has a high base power on a poke that's usually hindered by it's movepool. It's fun and gives us mix-ups. Something that I think overall the metagame benefits from.

I should use Z-Crystals more :c

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
At the moment I don't have a strong opinion on Z-Moves. I think they're interesting new tools for players. They are blatant examples of the power creep, though...but so are Megas. Still, it's nice seeing stuff like Salamence find use again because of them. I wanna try Volcarona w/ Firium Z.

Sirfetch’d

At the moment I don't have a strong opinion on Z-Moves. I think they're interesting new tools for players. They are blatant examples of the power creep, though...but so are Megas. Still, it's nice seeing stuff like Salamence find use again because of them. I wanna try Volcarona w/ Firium Z.

I tried it once and enjoyed it! Though part of me thinks grassium-z might be a bit better...

Anyways I think they are pretty cool. Some things are naturally broken like Eeveeium-Z, but since Baton Pass is banned it is not much of an issue.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
I think it depends on which meta you're referring to.

In formats like OU where things like Megas and Kyurem-B are available, I think Z moves are very much in scale with the ever-present power creep, and while there are definitely some shining stars, they can turn almost any Pokemon into a decent threat. Not to mention the whole frontier of Z-Support moves, which is fascinating in its own right and adds a lot of depth to certain strategies.

In VGC 2017 they're busted as all get-out. Oh hey a Torkoal in the sun, I'll just OHKO it with a Water Bubble-boosted Hydro Vortex. NPGG

Back