• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary

string555

Banned
Years
  • This thread is about some of your favorite legends/myths/fables you've heard in your life. You can include local legends and stuff like that, if you wish. So what are some of your favorites, PC?

I really like the one about the Akashic Records. Basically there is supposedly this book or something out there that contains a record of every single event in the past, present, and future. Supposedly if you could get your hands on it, you can change anything you want. I'm pretty sure I would change a lot about the future if I could, even if that meant changing the past. Of course, with my luck, that could end up being a complete disaster. :P

Years
  • I've read that if you were to obtain a Hoshi no tama from a fox spirit and swallow it, you'll obtain the wisdom of the skies if you look up and wisdom of the earth if you look down.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The female hitchhiking ghost. You pick her up off the road, but by the time you reach the destination, she's vanished from the back seat. The father exists the house and explains it's the anniversary of her death. There's lots of variations of the story.

Years
  • The leaf of the Bryophyllum calycinum (Also called Leaf of Life) is said to be able to indicate how many times your spouse has been faithful or unfaithful if left over his/her door. If it grows a plant (s) then this is your indicator but if it doesn't then... Congrats your honey bunny is trustworthy.

Last edited:

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • I'm a fan of the Greek myth of Eos and Psyche; it reminds me a lot of Beauty and the Beast, features a strong female, and actually has a happy ending for the couple.

As a cat lover, I also really like the lucky nature cats have in Japan, and the source of this is a tale in which a cat is credited for saving a man's life. It lifts its paw, and curious, the man moves toward it. Moments later, a bolt of lightning strikes the spot where he was previously standing. Cats having nine lives is also a favourite of mine, and I like it even more after learning it likely came from the myth of the Cat Sith. That's right, Cat Sith. Apparently, a witch could turn into this type of cat nine times before the change was irreversible.

I also need to point out an Indigenous myth; the Legend of the Whitehorse. To keep it brief, it involves a wedding between members of two tribes, which had the blessing of the bride's father, a chief. To earn the bride's hand, he had produced a striking white horse. However, the ceremony was interrupted by an unsuccessful suitor, and the couple was killed fleeing him. The bride was riding the white horse, and it is said her soul entered the horse's body upon her death, and that the horse continues to haunt the plains to this day.

Back