• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • League Cup semifinal tonight. One foot already in Wembley. We only need a draw, but considering our form in the cup matches, we should win.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • Guys what are everyone's thoughts on Pato's move to Chelsea being confirmed. I'm not sure if it's a permanent deal or a loan as I've seen it being described differently from different sources. Is he a worthwhile punt or past his prime? I was always a massive fan and he has undoubted potential - it seems like he's put his injury plagued past behind him as well. He scored 26 goals from wide left last year with Sao Paolo so I'd say for minimal risk it seems like a win-win really!​

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Guys what are everyone's thoughts on Pato's move to Chelsea being confirmed. I'm not sure if it's a permanent deal or a loan as I've seen it being described differently from different sources. Is he a worthwhile punt or past his prime? I was always a massive fan and he has undoubted potential - it seems like he's put his injury plagued past behind him as well. He scored 26 goals from wide left last year with Sao Paolo so I'd say for minimal risk it seems like a win-win really!​

Being a Chelsea fan, I currently am bit skeptical about the move. If he keeps the form he has had with Sao Paolo, then heck of a deal! My worry though is that he will return to his not so good form he had his last couple of seasons in Europe, which i find to be a little more likely. We will see though and I'm hoping for the best!

Also great win this past weekend, hopefully this will finally be the win we need to get our momentum going and finish in the top 8 (reasonable goal at this point). Good, classic Chelsea win over the Gunners. :)

Years
  • Really happy for Pato and I hope that (though unlikely) he can do well at Chelsea

That said, it was a very good day today, Juve absolutely blew out Inter in the first leg of the coppa italia semis and both of their starting CBs will be ineligible to play in the 2nd leg.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I know it's late, but I'm genuinely surprised that Leicester City is still topping the Premier League table.

And apparently they're close to signing Loic Remy from Chelsea too.

Years
  • And it looks like Arsenal have fallen out of the title race already. I thought Leicester would be the first to do so.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Looks like they're not getting Loic Remy obviously. However, Vardy's goal is really beautiful against Liverpool and what a match.

It's still too early to determine whether Arsenal will fall out of the title race over a draw at home against Southampton in my opinion. Anything can happen in the Premier League and one mistake at any match at this point will cost you the title based on previous seasons.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    So happy with other results this weekend a nice 7 point gap now from the relegation zone but tough game against Arsenal on Sunday so I hope Villa & West Brom can pick up points in their games.

WE ARE STAYING UP

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    I know its early and that there is plenty of time left for things to change but my gut feeling for the winner of the Premier League says that the winner of the Leicester City v Man City match will be the champion. Just the vibe I'm getting.
    I am cheering for Leicester to win the league it proves there is still hope for the other 15 teams in the league that are not loaded by foreign money. Manager of the season no doubt any other season Howe would of won it but this season its Ranieri without a doubt.
    Mahrez for 500k is on the same level as Harry Arter 40k odd, Matt Ritchie 400k

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • My Dad is a Sunderland fan so I always hope they do well. Except when they play The Mighty Saints!

We'll lose today though because Sky Sports are showing our game live and we always lose on TV!

Years
  • We threw away 2 points today. Atleast Sunderland got a point, but Newcastle got 3. Hope Sunderland can get 5-7 points against Man Utd, West Ham and Soton, better not leave it till too late.

Back