• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon sun and moon/ x and y

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2017
    Hello. :). I want to buy a 3ds, and i cant decide whether to buy pokemon sun/moon. or pokemon x/y. There are a lot of pokemon i like in x/y that are missing in sun and moon. and i like a lot 7th gen pokemon. but in sun and moon there are the Z moves that i want to use so much. And there is the thing with the evolution trade and idk how many people will trade with me for evolution in X/y. Please tell me your opinion and what do you think i should do. Ty :D
    BTW:Can you transfer 6th gen pokemon from sun and moon to x/y.?

Years
  • I recommend you get S/M because they're the current games and they're getting more support and events. People here can help you out with evolution trades, just ask nicely.

You can transfer Gen 6 Pokemon to Gen 7 with the PokeTransfer. (But not gen 7 back to gen 6.)

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    BTW:Can you transfer 6th gen pokemon from sun and moon to x/y.?
    You can't send any Pokemon that are on a Sun/Moon game to a 6th Gen game. You can however send Pokemon on a 6th Gen game to Sun/Moon. It's just that once they're there, there's no going back.

Years
  • I wouldn't say XY are bad actually, if nothing else they do have a TON of Pokémon that you can use throughout the game. But if you can only afford one then Sun/Moon are probably what you want.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    S/M are worth the money and a great game to start it more supported and more fun like caring after battle. XY if you want to start about Mega Stones and Mega Evolution, but SM are worth it

Years
  • I would say to go for Sun and Moon, although X and Y are good, SM far surpass them imo and are the best Pokemon games for years. Plus, Nebby is better than anything in X and Y ;)

Back