• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

? 5th Gen. Gaming ?

Years
  • New to the boards. well returning anyway and alot has changed, but I wanted to know if anyone has heard whispers or rumors of a 5th generation game ? or will pokemon be over and done with hanging on to just the d/p/p series. personally i hope not.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Yeah I'd be very surprised if it didn't continue. (Not to mention sad!)
    Although I still wish they had stopped making new pokemon before DP. There are a few cool ones that I'm glad to have, like Buizel, but they take the evolutions too far and some new pokemon are just stupid looking. Magmar's latest evolution for example. I think if they are going to make new pokemon, they should make new pokemon. And not extend chains of other pokemon so far that they look rediculous.

I doubt I'll get my wish though.

Years
  • agreed. to me, .. i feel like the designers read up on the " pokegod" rumour that was around a long long time ago and did something with it. Personally i think its lame but yeah some aspects of the 4th gen pokemon were good though

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • Personally, I think they should make a few more evolutions, like one for Pinsir. Anyways, they need to be VERY creative with the next generation. I want some legends that are truly epic.

Ezzo!

conejo.
    Years
  • In an interview they said that they had planned out a bunch of pokemon for a couple of years. So expect more to come.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • A fifth generation is inevitable. As most, by now, realise.. though I think we'll be looking at a gap about the length of time between Emerald and Diamond/Pearl's release though, which I think was about 2 years.

As for if it will be on the DS... who knows? Nintendo might have a better hand held on the market, by then. (since technically, no Generations have been released on the same hand held console, a new hand held is rather likely; R/B/(G)/Y - GB, G/S/C - GBC, R/S/E - GBA and finally, D/P/P - DS) Though personally, I'm hoping that the DS has a much longer lifespan than its predecessors.

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I hope it does. I've had to buy 3 dses because I keep losing mine. But, perhaps it'll be on Wii. Like Battle Rev

robbingdog

I wanna be the guy
    Years
  • since technically, no Generations have been released on the same hand held console, a new hand held is rather likely; R/B/(G)/Y - GB, G/S/C - GBC, R/S/E - GBA and finally, D/P/P - DS
    If I'm not mistaken, wasn't RBY intended to be played on the GBC? I know that it was compatible with the old GB, while GSC wasn't, but I think that was the point of naming all the cities after colors (i.e. Viridian, Vermillion, Lavender, etc.)

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    It would suck big time if we have to wait till nintendo to make another handheld just for another gen. :(

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • @ Lionsroar: You never know; they might end up breaking the trend. All I'm doing is taking the DSi's release as 'Nintendo's last attempt at keeping the hand held alive', though in all honesty, in the hand held department, Nintendo have next to no competition.

I hope it does. I've had to buy 3 dses because I keep losing mine. But, perhaps it'll be on Wii. Like Battle Rev

I doubt it will be for the Wii; Nintendo have had greater success with Pokemon on their hand held consoles; not to mention their attempts at Pokemon games on home entertainment systems received a rather mixed view... (talking about those that actually have some storyline, such as Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness)

You need to also take note that PBR is actually just the Wii's version of Stadium, only with less for you to do on it. I believe there were some extra stuff on Stadium and Stadium 2 for you to do.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't RBY intended to be played on the GBC? I know that it was compatible with the old GB, while GSC wasn't, but I think that was the point of naming all the cities after colors (i.e. Viridian, Vermillion, Lavender, etc.)

I personally doubt that, for Red and Blue. (and for Japan, Green as well) The GBC didn't come out for over 2 years after the release of the games. (in Japan) But that claim would be logical for Yellow, seeing as it was released the same year the GBC was.

However, as to if the GBC was in development back then, I don't know. But doing a quick search had nothing to show for it.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • A fifth generation is inevitable. As most, by now, realise.. though I think we'll be looking at a gap about the length of time between Emerald and Diamond/Pearl's release though, which I think was about 2 years.

As for if it will be on the DS... who knows? Nintendo might have a better hand held on the market, by then. (since technically, no Generations have been released on the same hand held console, a new hand held is rather likely; R/B/(G)/Y - GB, G/S/C - GBC, R/S/E - GBA and finally, D/P/P - DS) Though personally, I'm hoping that the DS has a much longer lifespan than its predecessors.
    I thought it was three years?

I don't think that this will be their last attempt at hand-helds. It might take a while for a new one, but I bet that they'll make a new one someday!

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Of course there will be! :3 I mean, how could they gain any more money if they stop at 4th Gen?

I thought it was three years?

I don't think that this will be their last attempt at hand-helds. It might take a while for a new one, but I bet that they'll make a new one someday!

I'm pretty sure it's two years.

Years
  • I believe that there could be up to 3 more Pokemon generations added, but there will be a minimum of 2. My reasoning is that the Pokemon world has used 5 of the 8 regions in Japan.

Kanto: Kanto and East Chubu

Johto: Kansai and West Chubu

Hoenn: Kyushu and Okinawa

Sinnoh: Hokkaido

This leaves the Chugoku, Shikoku and Tohoku regions left. Tohoku is inbetween Kanto (Kanto) and Hokkaido (Sinnoh) and is quite large. The Chugoku and Shikoku regions are smaller, they are both next to each other. They could be seperate Generations since Shikoku is an island and not connected or combined into one due to their smaller size. The Chubu region was split between two regions so it would not be too far of a leap to combine two regions together.

Once they have completed the entire Pokemon World, they will then make a MMO Pokemon game.

I think the Pokedex should be made much smaller. Here is my personal list...

1. Bulbasaur
    2. Ivysaur
    3. Venusaur

4. Charmander
    5. Charmeleon
    6. Charizard
    7. Squirtle
    8. Wartortle
    9. Blastoise
    10. Caterpie
    11. Metapod

12. Beautifly
    13. Wurmple
    14. Kakuna
    15. Beedrill
    16. Pidgey
    17. Pidgeotto
    18. Pidgeot
    19. Rattata
    20. Raticate
    21. Spearow
    22. Fearow
    23. Ekans
    24. Arbok
    25. Pikachu
    26. Raichu (Thunder Stone)
    27. Sandshrew
    28. Sandslash
    29. Nidoran♀
    30. Nidorina
    31. Nidoqueen (Moon Stone)
    32. Nidoran♂
    33. Nidorino
    34. Nidoking (Moon Stone)
    35. Clefairy (Cleffa design)
    36. Clefable (Clefairy design) (Moon Stone)
    37. Vulpix
    38. Ninetales (Fire Stone)
    39. Jigglypuff
    40. Wigglytuff (Moon Stone)
    41. Zubat
    42. Golbat

43. Crobat
    44. Oddish
    45. Gloom
    46. Vileplume (Leaf Stone)
    47. Paras
    48. Parasect
    49. Venonat
    50. Venomoth
    51. Diglett
    52. Dugtrio
    53. Meowth
    54. Persian
    55. Psyduck
    56. Golduck
    57. Mankey
    58. Primeape
    59. Growlithe
    60. Arcanine (Fire Stone)
    61. Poliwag
    62. Poliwhirl
    63. Poliwrath (Water Stone)
    64. Abra
    65. Kadabra
    66. Alakazam (Traded)
    67. Machop
    68. Machoke
    69. Machamp (Traded)
    70. Bellsprout
    71. Weepinbell
    72. Victreebel (Leaf Stone)
    73. Tentacool
    74. Tentacruel
    75. Geodude
    76. Graveler
    77. Golem (Traded)
    78. Ponyta
    79. Rapidash
    80. Slowpoke
    81. Slowbro

82. Slowking (King's Rock)
    83. Magnemite
    84. Magneton
    85. Farfetch'd
    86. Doduo
    87. Dodrio
    88. Grimer
    89. Muk
    90. Shellder
    91. Cloyster (Water Stone)
    92. Gastly
    93. Haunter
    94. Gengar (Traded)
    95. Onix
    96. Drowzee
    97. Hypno
    98. Krabby
    99. Kingler
    100. Voltorb
    101. Electrode
    102. Exeggcute
    103. Exeggutor (Leaf Stone)
    104. Cubone
    105. Marowak

106. Tyrogue (Hitmonnorris LOL)
    107. Hitmonlee
    108. Hitmonchan
    109. Lickitung
    110. Koffing
    111. Weezing
    112. Rhyhorn
    113. Rhydon
    114. Chansey
    115. Tangela

116. Tangusa
    117. Kangaskhan
    118. Horsea
    119. Seadra

120. Kingdra (King's Rock)
    121. Goldeen
    122. Seaking
    123. Staryu
    124. Starmie (Water Stone)

125. Mime Jr.
    126. Mrs. Mime (Female Mime Jr.)
    127. Mr. Mime
    128. Scyther
    129. Jynx
    130. Electabuzz

131. Magmar
    132. Pinsir
    133. Tauros
    134. Magikarp
    135. Gyarados
    136. Lapras
    137. Ditto
    138. Eevee
    139. Vaporeon (Water Stone)
    140. Jolteon (Thunder Stone)
    141. Flareon (Fire Stone)

142. Arboreon (Leafeon) (Leaf Stone)
    143. Espeon (Sun Stone)
    144. Umbreon (Moon Stone)
    145. Porygon

146. Porygon2 (Upgrade)
    147. Porygon-Z (Upgrade)
    148. Omanyte (Fossil)
    149. Omastar
    150. Kabuto (Fossil)
    151. Kabutops
    152. Aerodactyl (Fossil)
    153. Snorlax
    154. Articuno
    155. Zapdos
    156. Moltres
    157. Dratini
    158. Dragonair
    159. Dragonite
    160. Mewtwo
    161. Mew
    162. Chikorita
    163. Bayleef
    164. Meganium
    165. Cyndaquil
    166. Quilava
    167. Typhlosion
    168. Totodile
    169. Croconaw
    170. Feraligatr
    171. Sentret (Furret design)
    172. Furret (Linoone design)
    173. Hoothoot
    174. Noctowl
    175. Ledyba
    176. Ledian
    177. Spinarak
    178. Ariados
    179. Chinchou
    180. Lanturn
    181. Togepi
    182. Natu
    183. Xatu
    184. Mareep
    185. Flaafy
    186. Ampharos

187. Cherubi
    188. Bellossom (Moon Stone)

189. Azurill
    190. Marill
    191. Azumarill (Water Stone)

192. Bonsly
    193. Sudowoodo
    194. Hoppip
    195. Skiploom
    196. Jumpluff
    197. Aipom
    198. Sunkern
    199. Sunflora (Sun Stone)
    200. Yanma
    201. Wooper
    202. Quagsire
    203. Murkrow
    204. Misdreavus
    205. Unown

206. Wynaut
    207. Wobbuffet
    208. Girafarig

209. Shuckle
    210. Forretress
    211. Gligar

212. Gliscor
    213. Snubbull
    214. Granbull
    215. Qwilfish
    216. Heracross
    217. Sneasel

218. Weavile
    219. Teddiursa
    220. Ursaring
    221. Slugma
    222. Magcargo
    223. Swinub
    224. Piloswine
    225. Corsola
    226. Octillery
    227. Delibird

228. Mantyke
    229. Mantine
    230. Houndour
    231. Houndoom
    232. Donphan
    233. Stantler
    234. Smeargle
    235. Miltank
    236. Larvitar
    237. Pupitar
    238. Tyranitar (Traded)
    239. Ho-oh
    240. Treeko
    241. Grovyle
    242. Sceptile
    243. Torchic
    244. Combusken
    245. Blaziken
    246. Mudkip
    247. Marshtomp
    248. Swampert
    249. Poochyena
    250. Mightyena
    251. Lotad
    252. Ludicolo
    253. Seedot
    254. Nuzleaf
    255. Shiftry (Traded)
    256. Taillow
    257. Swellow
    258. Wingull
    259. Pelipper
    260. Ralts
    261. Kirlia (Female Ralts)

262. Kirmurai (Male Ralts)
    263. Gardevoir (Kirlia)

264. Gallade (Kirmurai)
    265. Surskit
    266. Masquerain
    267. Shroomish
    268. Breloom
    269. Slakoth
    270. Vigoroth
    271. Slaking (King's Rock)
    272. Whismur
    273. Exploud
    274. Makuhita
    275. Hariyama
    276. Skitty
    277. Delcatty (Moon Stone)
    278. Meditite
    279. Medicham
    280. Plusle
    281. Minun

282. Roselia
    283. Roserade (Leaf Stone)
    284. Sharpedo
    285. Wailmer
    286. Wailord
    287. Numel
    288. Camerupt
    289. Torkoal
    290. Spoink
    291. Grumpig
    292. Spinda
    293. Cacnea
    294. Swablu
    295. Altaria
    296. Lunatone
    297. Solrock
    298. Barboach
    299. Whiscash
    300. Corphish
    301. Baltoy
    302. Claydol
    303. Lileep (Fossil)
    304. Cradily
    305. Anorith (Fossil)
    306. Armaldo
    307. Feebas
    308. Milotic
    309. Castform
    310. Kecleon
    311. Shuppet
    312. Banette
    313. Absol
    314. Spheal
    315. Sealeo
    316. Walrein (Traded)
    317. Relicanth (Fossil)
    318. Bagon
    319. Shelgon
    320. Salamence (Traded)
    321. Jirachi
    322. Turtwig
    323. Grotle
    324. Torterra
    325. Chimchar
    326. Monferno
    327. Infernape
    328. Piplup
    329. Prinplup
    330. Empoleon
    331. Starly
    332. Staravia
    333. Staraptor
    334. Bidoof
    335. Bibarel
    336. Kricketot
    337. Kricketune
    338. Cranidos (Fossil)
    339. Rampardos
    340. Shieldon (Fossil)
    341. Bastiodon
    342. Pachirisu
    343. Buizel
    344. Floatzel
    345. Shellos♀
    346. Gastrodon♀

347. Shellos♂
    348. Gastrodon♂
    349. Buneary
    350. Lopunny
    351. Glameow
    352. Purugly
    353. Chingling
    354. Stunky
    355. Skuntank
    356. Chatot
    357. Hippopotas
    358. Hippowdon
    359. Skorupi
    360. Croagunk
    361. Toxicroak
    362. Finneon
    363. Lumineon
    364. Snover
    365. Abomasnow

366. Rotom

I want there to only be 366 Pokemon. 1 Pokemon for each day of the year, including Leap Year. The added evolutions and preevolutions have got to stop and be removed! There shouldn't be 50 million means to evolving your Pokemon. There should be 6 useable items (Fire Stone, Leaf Stone, Moon Stone, Sun Stone, Thunder Stone, Water Stone), 1 held item (King's Rock), 1 event (Upgrading Porygon), trading and gender based evolutions.

To list the changes I would make, I would still only have 150 Pokemon plus Ho-oh in each region. I want them to stop at the 6th Generation. With 366 Pokemon minus 151, that leaves 215 Pokemon, divide that by the 5 remaining regions after Kanto and you get 43 new Pokemon. Then you have 118 of the previous generations Pokemon. So the 2nd Generation only has 118 Kanto Pokemon and 43 new Johto Pokemon, but Hoenn can have any 118 Pokemon from Kanto and Johto plus their own regional 43. Ho-oh would be the 'God Pokemon' available in all regions.

From my list I will explain my changes...

First of all I removed most ugly and scary Pokemon... since it is my personal prefrence to the 366 Pokemon.

Cherubi is now the preevolved form of Bellossom. Cherrim no longer exsists and Bellossom is no longer an alternate evolution of Gloom.

Relicanth is now a Fossil.

Shuckle evolves into Forretress and Pineco is now removed.

Leafeon now evolves with a Leaf Stone, and has been renamed Arboreon. Espeon and Umbreon now evolve with Sun Stones and Moon Stones.

Some Pokemon have been made to evolve when traded (Nuzleaf, Pupitar, Sealeo, Shelgon)

A Mrs. Mime has been added and evolves from a Female Mime Jr.

Female Ralts evolve into Kirlia and Gardevoir, while Male Ralts evolve into the new Kirmurai (Play on the 'Kir' prefix and Samurai just as Gallade is a play on Gallant a warrior and Blade) and Gallade.

Tangela no longer evolves into the lame Tangrowth but into Tangusa, a Medusa-like figure with vines for hair and still sporting the pink shoes. It is debatable if I will remove Rotom and make Tangusa female only, and add a male only Pokemon that resembles the Green Man with vines for hair and his beard.

Vigoroth now evolves into Slaking only when holding a King's Rock.

Slowking and Slowbro are no longer alternate evolutions. Slowbro evolves into Slowking when holding a King's Rock.

There are no longer regional Shellos and Gastrodons. The Blue Shellos and Gastrodon are male only, and the pink versions are female only.

Furret has now been renamed Sentret and evolves into Linoone who has now been renamed Furret. Zigzagoon and the original Sentret have both been removed.

Cleffa has now been renamed Clefairy and Clefairy has now been renamed Clefable which leads to the elimination of the actual Clefable.

Weedle has been removed and replaced by Wurmple. Wurmple now evolves into Kakuna and then Beedrill.

Butterfree has been removed and Metapod now evolves into Beautifly.

Lumineon now has the large butterfly wing side fins moved to it's tail to replace the original stub tail, and add new appropriate sized side fins.

Tyrogue has a 50/50 chance to evolve into either Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee. I jokingly put Tyrogue's name as Hitmonnorris, to follow the theme of famous martial artists.

There have been various Stone Evolution changes which I won't list.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Once they have completed the entire Pokemon World, they will then make a MMO Pokemon game.
    But...why? Just because they run out of space (assuming Pokemon games still sell, that is)? Change the entire format of the game? Remember that Nintendo aren't in the MMO game-making department, and I really doubt they would do it, nor let someone else do it with a francise that sells well enough on handhelds (and consoles).

They could just create a brand new set of regions, or base it on another place easily enough, rather than call it a day. The region of Orre for instance, in Pokemon Colosseum and XD is actually based off the American state of Arizona.

I think the Pokedex should be made much smaller. Here is my personal list...
    *insert list of doom here*
    I want there to only be 366 Pokemon. 1 Pokemon for each day of the year, including Leap Year. The added evolutions and preevolutions have got to stop and be removed! There shouldn't be 50 million means to evolving your Pokemon. There should be 6 useable items (Fire Stone, Leaf Stone, Moon Stone, Sun Stone, Thunder Stone, Water Stone), 1 held item (King's Rock), 1 event (Upgrading Porygon), trading and gender based evolutions.
    ...Ya huh. Well, it's your opinion and all, but I will say that I don't see them changing what Pokemon are there at all. Ain't happening, really - heck, what Pokemon species are there has been set by canon (all of them) and the creators of Pokemon ever since the beginning - they aren't going to just pretend they don't exist all of a sudden, or change the evolutions and so forth.

Why those 366 Pokemon? Because one is cooler than another in your opinion? What about other people's opinions then? Heck, why 366 - don't see any real link between days in a year and Pokemon, tbh, and the lack of numbers with any set meaning being used for the total amount of known Pokemon doesn't help either. What does cutting certain evolutions - even 2nd-stage evolutions - do, really? Making Sentret and Furret look like their 3rd gen counterparts... sounds over-the-top to me. =/ Sure, it's ok to say ''bah, I hate these Pokemon and think they're stupid" - but it ain't going to happen, that I can assure you. Even Dunsparce is here to stay. =P
    Ho-oh would be the 'God Pokemon' available in all regions.
    What has in any canon suggest that Ho-Oh is the god Pokemon? =/
    Tyrogue has a 50/50 chance to evolve into either Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee. I jokingly put Tyrogue's name as Hitmonnorris, to follow the theme of famous martial artists.
    Oh dear...

TBH, this seems a bit poorly thought out - no offence. Seem you've just came up with a few ideas without think if they are feasible, and then took out all of the Pokemon that you didn't like the look of. =/

At any rate - I think there will be a 5th gen - and many more generations as well. But only if the Pokemon games continue to sell well. As long as the series brings in the millions of sales, Nintendo will be sure to find people to come up with new games (not that it needs that much thinking - the main core handheld series follow a similar formula to each other).

Years
  • I said the Pokemon list simply a personal preference. But do you remember the episode when James finds out he is a Moltres from the Horoscope type book? That is where I got the idea of narrowing the Pokemon down to 366. Then everyone is born under a specific Pokemon.

I don't expect them to narrow down the Pokemon, but they are running out of ideas, in fact the art style between 3rd and 4th Generation are very different. But my biggest peeve was the lame added evolutions and the scary Pokemon. I don't know if they are trying to appeal to a more mature male crowd by adding more sinister looking Pokemon, or if they just wanted creepy Pokemon, but I am not a fan.

As to the MMO, once they complete to Pokemon World, I think it could be made into a MMO. Instead of walking around on your own, you now walk by thousands of other real life trainers, coordinators and breeders. Pokemon is of the RPG genre and has online aspects, there is nothing to keep them from expanding into a MMO. Orre was based on Arizona but shaped like the Gunma Prefecture in Japan. I have a feeling once all of the regions in Japan have been used, then the Pokemon World will be completed.

Oh and I picked Ho-oh as the God Pokemon since he is a pheonix which represents life and death, and is more powerful then the legendery Bird Trio. I never understood why each region needed its own trio of dieties. I think the main reason why I never liked all of the legendaries was they made a great deal of other Pokemon obsolete. But I am the dork that loves Bibarel so take that for what it is worth...

Years
  • a 5th generation does almost seem promised. but 3 more i highly doubt. by the time their are 600+ monsters, i think; even the hardcore gamers will be exhausted. the theme is to catch them all but it becomes just a tiny bit ridicolous in diamond and pearl. im 18 years old and i dont know any of my friends who have a ds and want to trade me electabuzz that they cartridged into their game thats holding a special item. I wish they would go to a more simple and mythical form of gameplay and stop with all of this outer space business also. One more thing that would make the next game a dream come true for me is a way to obtain super rare pokemon without having to go some event. Ok if you live next door to where it might happen then hey high five right, but what if you have to travel 400 or so miles just to get an item that lets you do battle with a pokemon that you wanted to fight maybe a couple weeks before you compleatly finished your game. you know what i mean?

Back