• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What role would you give the Pokémon above in battle?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Bulky attacker, preferably with Trick Room. Likely gives it Torch Song, Shadow Ball, Earth Power, and...Slack Off? Moves too slow to use Encore effectively (outside Trick Room). Never cared for Will-o-Wisp. Expects to benefit more from blowing something up or switching than reducing the enemy's Attack (in Skeledirge's case). Could pick Heat Wave, Snarl, or Protect over Slack Off in a Doubles situation. Leans away from Fire Pledge, despite the uniqueness of actually combining it with another Pledge move.

Lycanroc (Midnight)?

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Physical wallbreaker.

It's not really that fast enough to sweep with 82 Speed, but its 115 Attack makes it hit decently hard. Give it a Choice Band and Accelerock and I can take down some good defenses.

Magnezone?

Years
  • Bulky Special Attacker. I don't think I've ever used it as anything else. It's got solid base special attack at 130. Its HP leaves a bit to be desired, but it has respectable defense and special defense at 115 and 90, so it can take a few hits while dealing a lot of damage back. Also, the ability to trap other bulky steel types often proves quite helpful for your overall team. In the past, I tended to drop a Specs on it most of the time, but it could benefit from an Air Balloon or even something more niche like a Red Card to possibly draw in the steel types that the opponent didn't want to bring in.

Let's go with one that I've used in many different ways:

Scizor?

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Wallbreaker, especially after setting up with Swords Dance. With Technician, Swords Dance, and priority Bullet Punch, it's really good. I used Scizor quite often during gen 8 and it never disappointed.

Poliwrath?

Back