• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Which pokemon changes did you dislike/hate?

Years
Every new game (even remakes) make changes in pokemon, be it moveset, typing, stats, etc...

but I tend to focus more on the movesets, always checking at what level do they learn THAT move or what TMs are available...

in BDSP, I caught a zubat and I wasnt too bummed because I remember playing original platinum a long time ago and it actually evolved to golbat pretty fast and it didnt take long for it to learn wing attack and become useful

so i started grinding... and waiting... and no wing attack. or no flying moves at all. so i went to check and: AIR CUTTER AT LVL 25????? not only was that zubats sp attack bad (it was adamant, i think??), but i would also have to wait THAT LONG for a flying move??

and if you evolve it to golbat before lvl 25, golbat only learns air cutter at LEVEL 27.

and then I checked: wing attack is an egg move. that zubat was CAUGHT IN THE WILD. I was nuzlocking, so I couldnt just breed to get the perfect EVs/IVs, egg moves nor a shiny.

long (lol) story short: boxed. I HATED this change. this is the most stupid change in a pokemon I have ever seen (or at least, that I can remember).

How about you? Any thoughts?

(also I could give it a TM for aerial ace but I just got so frustrated by this change lol)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Huh, yeah that change sucks.

My personal hate so far is - although I never played Pearl, so I had to look this up - Aqua Ring is a new addition to Palkia's Spear Pillar moveset. It is a work of sheer sadism, not only do I have to constantly sleep it to prevent it from running out of PP (with Pressure draining my sleep move's PP) but it increases its health - and thus decreases its catch rate - every turn too! Its not quite at the level of frustration of the Hoenn trio in RSE all having Rest, but it probably doubled the amount of time it took me to SR Palkia.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
I really hated how they nerfed Darkrai by making its signature move, Dark Void, become extremely inaccurate, mainly because Smeargle abused the move. They could have just disallowed Smeargle from learning the move and let Darkrai keep everything that made it great in the first place, as it is a rare mythical Pokémon.

Back