• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV TV shows you think overstayed their welcome.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • Basically what the title says. They say all good things must come to an end, but sometimes that probably might not always be true. So what shows do you feel have went on for way too long?

pkmin3033

It's one of my favourite TV series, but...Stargate SG-1. They basically substituted Richard Dean Anderson for the good half of Farscape's cast, and it's not SG-1 without him in it. Add to that the awful Ori plotline which was rushed and given a pretty lousy movie finish, and...eh. It would have been fine if they had focused on Baal and given him a better plotline than just "I'm going to make a million clones of myself" because he was ridiculously sassy and it was great. But yeah, did not need those two seasons.

Same with Smallville, although that should have ended with Season 7, because the show really suffered without the Clark/Lex dynamic. REALLY suffered. Even Lionel coming back in the final season didn't save it from feeling like a rushed clusterfuck that focused more on cameos than it did on anything else.

Isn't it about time NCIS ended too? Just saying.

Back