• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Advance Text Error

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    Hey guys and gals. I need help with an Advance Text error.

When I load in my Fire Red rom, the folders with each text line show up as they should. However, when I click into one to view the text, the first some-odd few letters are cut off. For instance, the Pallet Town "Oak Lab Sign" says only:

"t strong, they can
    protect me."

This is the same for every single line of text.
    Any ideas?

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Have you already edited any text with this tool? It's possible that something got accidentally overwritten.

I'd personally advise avoiding AdvanceText as it's an extremely outdated tool now and isn't the most reliable. If you were using it to generally edit text from the default game you'd be better learning to script imo, if it was just to edit the intro text you might be better manually repointing the strings yourself in a hex editor.

Vytron

Just an ordinary Romhacker
    Years
  • Don't use advance text.
    Open the script and edit the text there instead.(You'll need a map)

Back